Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    11,309
    Thanks / Likes
    21255

    Ball valve handle extension

    Any ideas on how/ what to use as an extension ball valve is on waste system of the nexus and is about 1m down it can be accessed means lifting the front of the pit/shed off . So just looking for a quick easy lazy way of turning the tap when doing maintenance

    Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk


    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Any ideas on how/ what to use as an extension ball valve is on waste system of the nexus and is about 1m down it can be accessed means lifting the front of the pit/shed off . So just looking for a quick easy lazy way of turning the tap when doing maintenance

    Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Yes, get a stop tap key, about 7 from toolstation

    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    11,309
    Thanks / Likes
    21255
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
    Yes, get a stop tap key, about 7 from toolstation

    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    You ll do mate!! Looks ideal . Dose it just fit over the handle or do you take the handle off and just use that way

    Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    You ll do mate!! Looks ideal . Dose it just fit over the handle or do you take the handle off and just use that way

    Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Leave the original handle on, if the key doesn't slide over you can just bend it out sightly to suit.

    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion Alburglar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Dover Kent
    Posts
    1,552
    Thanks / Likes
    2117
    That's cheap enough not to bother fettling, but I've seen a DIY version with a slit cut into a length of pressure pipe and a tee at the top with a few off cuts as handles. Worked well
    2660 Gallons. 4" Bottom Drain and Skimmer. Draco Solum 16 Drum. Anoxic Filtration. Air lift returns.

  8. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Martin59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    220
    Thanks / Likes
    331
    I made this, a bit heath robinson, but it works and cost nothing.
    Got fed up bending down to turn ball valves of and on, saves my old legs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. Thanks Ajm, Alburglar Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2024 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.