Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Nexus used a s Filter media after drum.

    Hi
    I am looking for advice for a friend who has a drum before a Nexus which is used only for Filter Media box all pipe work to the drum is 4" and 4" to the nexus run of a 12000 pump. The problem is every now and again the nexus is drains completely with out any warning. The only thing i can think it can be is that the drum sometimes does not clean quickly enough.

    Question is has anyone experience this situation before?
    Has anyone used a Nexus as a media box if so did they remove the internal stainless steel container ?

    Any comment or advise would be appreciated.

    Thanks.



  2. #2
    Hi,
    I have a drum before a nexus.
    I have never experienced this happening.
    However, I pump from the drum up to the nexus which then gravity returns to the pond.
    Not sure if this set up is the same as your friends.
    It is feasible that the drum is not allowing enough water through at the point just before it runs a clean cycle.
    Is the drum max flow rate large enough for the pump draw through the nexus?
    Cheers
    Ady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    If you take the cage out there’s someone here looking to acquire one (Ianb)

  5. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyprice View Post
    Hi,
    I have a drum before a nexus.
    I have never experienced this happening.
    However, I pump from the drum up to the nexus which then gravity returns to the pond.
    Not sure if this set up is the same as your friends.
    It is feasible that the drum is not allowing enough water through at the point just before it runs a clean cycle.
    Is the drum max flow rate large enough for the pump draw through the nexus?
    Cheers
    Ady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adam Thanks for the reply ,
    I to feel that the drum at some point does not allow enough water just before the cleaning point, however the system is controlled by a float on the drum. On my system it cleans every 10 -12 minutes and can be adjusted for longer if required. Basically you are pump fed system from the drum what size pump are you using?
    Thanks Mike.

  7. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    Hi Mike,
    I have a HF30 drum and I run a supafish 8000 through the nexus and supafish 12000 straight return to the pond.
    So basically 20k through a 30k drum.
    My sensor is set quite low for the cleaning cycle.
    Cheers
    Ady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks freddyboy, mwy62831 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Mike Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    365
    Thanks / Likes
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyprice View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I have a HF30 drum and I run a supafish 8000 through the nexus and supafish 12000 straight return to the pond.
    So basically 20k through a 30k drum.
    My sensor is set quite low for the cleaning cycle.
    Cheers
    Ady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I run an HF30 into an 8 foot Sectional chamber & experienced a similar problem to the bio chamber Running empty where the drum starved the chamber on some occasions. I have 2x 4“ inputs into the drum but only 1x 4” from drum to chamber & 1.5” return from chamber to pump then back to pond.
    I found I had to increase the flow into the chamber by adding a pre filtered 1.5” inch supply into the chamber from the skimmer line which Has gone through a brush / moving bed filter then balanced the starvation of the chamber between cleaning cycles.
    However never having used a nexus I am not sure how you could remedy the issue.
    1kGal BD/Skim Drum/chamber/brush/mat/UV/k1 3.2kGal 2window 2airBD/skim Sieve/Drum&k1 alfa/anox/UV

  11. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bass View Post
    I run an HF30 into an 8 foot Sectional chamber & experienced a similar problem to the bio chamber Running empty where the drum starved the chamber on some occasions. I have 2x 4ď inputs into the drum but only 1x 4Ē from drum to chamber & 1.5Ē return from chamber to pump then back to pond.
    I found I had to increase the flow into the chamber by adding a pre filtered 1.5Ē inch supply into the chamber from the skimmer line which Has gone through a brush / moving bed filter then balanced the starvation of the chamber between cleaning cycles.
    However never having used a nexus I am not sure how you could remedy the issue.
    Mike Bass,
    Thanks for reply , you have gave some goods points , i will check and see if this may solve their problem.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:41 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.