Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Pondtec pump fitting

    Looking to fit my retro bottom drain ASAP and need help sourcing a fitting which Iím finding difficult to get!
    Basically my pondtec eco 8000/8500 has a threaded fitting of 1.5Ē and i need something to fit this and then fit 40mm solvent weld waste pipe,can anyone point me in the right direction Iíve ordered a couple of fitting now and neither fit,one was a kockney koi 1.5Ē which fits the pipe but threaded end is too big!

    Something like this I presume?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. #2
    Thatís a submersible pump you got ? If so I didnít think thatís how they work? Iím not sure but I would of thought you would fit a dry pump outside the pond? I may be wrong though, but the way you thinking I donít think will work ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    3,888
    Thanks / Likes
    8859
    I bought new 1.5" fittings for my Pontec when I was in Koi Water Barn a couple of years back because the ones that came with the pump kept leaking.

    They just had them sitting on the shelf.

    Ring them up and ask if they have them, but also ask to check they've got seals in before they send them out - I noticed some of the ones on the shelf were missing the o-ring seals.

  4. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    I bought new 1.5" fittings for my Pontec when I was in Koi Water Barn a couple of years back because the ones that came with the pump kept leaking.

    They just had them sitting on the shelf.

    Ring them up and ask if they have them, but also ask to check they've got seals in before they send them out - I noticed some of the ones on the shelf were missing the o-ring seals.
    Ok will do cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Thatís a submersible pump you got ? If so I didnít think thatís how they work? Iím not sure but I would of thought you would fit a dry pump outside the pond? I may be wrong though, but the way you thinking I donít think will work ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeh itís submersed at the minute running with cage/housing as standard but Iím going retro drain with it so once cage is removed it has a threaded fitting which I need to fit something on that will then fit onto 40mm solvent weld pipe which is what is on the drain

    I could use it dry as the one Iíve got can be used dry or submerged but I think for best results Iíd have to have it lower than water level dry? So would mean drilling wall cutting liner etc

    This is how i intend to run it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dan87 View Post
    Yeh itís submersed at the minute running with cage/housing as standard but Iím going retro drain with it so once cage is removed it has a threaded fitting which I need to fit something on that will then fit onto 40mm solvent weld pipe which is what is on the drain

    I could use it dry as the one Iíve got can be used dry or submerged but I think for best results Iíd have to have it lower than water level dry? So would mean drilling wall cutting liner etc

    This is how i intend to run it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhhhh I see I didnít realise it had a threaded connector on the pump itself. You should do a update when itís finished be interesting to see if the retro drain will be a lot better than the cage. See a guy on YouTube say he noticed a big difference doing it the way you doing it ! Iím pump fed and have the blagdon amphibious vari pump, I chose it over all the other vari pumps because it came with a proper cage which is a good design not like the other ones you get that just have a cage cap over the pump inlet. Mines working great for now but am looking at these retro drains.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:19 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.