Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,337
    Thanks / Likes
    3368
    yep bio chamber attached,easily fit through the house,and in future you can add another bio chamber on the end if you need it,but i would run gravity fed and then pump out over a small shower in future,i wish these had been available when i started many,many years ago,would of save me all the times in winter of stood in garden washing japmat and brushes and coming back in house covered in fish crap and soaked and freezing lol,,,,,andi

  2. Thanks freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #22
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,244
    Thanks / Likes
    4724
    There we go andi google king

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  4. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    yep bio chamber attached,easily fit through the house,and in future you can add another bio chamber on the end if you need it,but i would run gravity fed and then pump out over a small shower in future,i wish these had been available when i started many,many years ago,would of save me all the times in winter of stood in garden washing japmat and brushes and coming back in house covered in fish crap and soaked and freezing lol,,,,,andi
    Your a legend thank you so much for researching for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #24
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,215
    Thanks / Likes
    10336
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Your a legend thank you so much for researching for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    andi is the man for that mate.

  8. Thanks Ajm, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #25
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,337
    Thanks / Likes
    3368
    Your very welcome.Its just what i do lol.....andy

  10. Thanks Ajm, anne, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #26
    FYI, my mate has pimped his cloverleaf after some advice on here but a little differently in that heís put the brushes in the vortex, K1 moving in 2 and left the matting in 3 and grog in 4.
    Reckons his water has never been better. Pond is about 2500 gallons with some seriously large fish (pump fed).
    Heís happy. You can grab a secondhand cloverleaf for peanuts to be fair.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #27

    Cloverleaf filter

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcarpchaser View Post
    FYI, my mate has pimped his cloverleaf after some advice on here but a little differently in that heís put the brushes in the vortex, K1 moving in 2 and left the matting in 3 and grog in 4.
    Reckons his water has never been better. Pond is about 2500 gallons with some seriously large fish (pump fed).
    Heís happy. You can grab a secondhand cloverleaf for peanuts to be fair.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea I did see one on YouTube with a moving bed in one of the chambers. I think Iím guna splash out on what Andy said now . New sparkly drum haha I got into this for the koi now itís about filters Cloverleaf filterCloverleaf filterCloverleaf filter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charco123; 07-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.

  14. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #28
    Lol, enjoy bud


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    Your very welcome.Its just what i do lol.....andy
    Would you believe it Draco are not making that minima in pump fed gravity return anymore. Back to the drawing board for me Cloverleaf filterCloverleaf filterCloverleaf filter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #30
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,244
    Thanks / Likes
    4724
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Would you believe it Draco are not making that minima in pump fed gravity return anymore. Back to the drawing board for me Cloverleaf filterCloverleaf filterCloverleaf filter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry you mite have said alright but is there a reason for not going down the bottom drain root ??

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  20. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Sorry you mite have said alright but is there a reason for not going down the bottom drain root ??

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I plan to move in few years mate! When I do deside to I can grab filter and pump and set up temporary unit for fish a lot easier if I go pump fed. I would also like to use pump fed aswell to experience that avenue too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #32
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,215
    Thanks / Likes
    10336
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    I plan to move in few years mate! When I do deside to I can grab filter and pump and set up temporary unit for fish a lot easier if I go pump fed. I would also like to use pump fed aswell to experience that avenue too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can buy a pump that does both dry and inpond. I can understand you wanting to try pump fed experience. So you can still use the pump on a vat for holding the fish. In the pond vat. Or put a retro drain in the vat. Easy peasy. And you can still use the draco. Filter.
    Job done.
    In my opinion. And it's only my opinion.
    Anyone building a pond. I always say bottom drain is a must. Even in this pond you can put a retro drain in the pond.
    It's still better then pump fed.

    I have done both. So I know what's best for the fish and the pond. And believe me bottom drain far outways. Just being pump fed. I get that you might be moving in a few years. But I don t understand the reason in that comment. The fish still have to live in the pond your building until the house move.
    Good luck with it.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  24. Thanks Ajm, Scamp, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    You can buy a pump that does both dry and inpond. I can understand you wanting to try pump fed experience. So you can still use the pump on a vat for holding the fish. In the pond vat. Or put a retro drain in the vat. Easy peasy. And you can still use the draco. Filter.
    Job done.
    In my opinion. And it's only my opinion.
    Anyone building a pond. I always say bottom drain is a must. Even in this pond you can put a retro drain in the pond.
    It's still better then pump fed.

    I have done both. So I know what's best for the fish and the pond. And believe me bottom drain far outways. Just being pump fed. I get that you might be moving in a few years. But I don t understand the reason in that comment. The fish still have to live in the pond your building until the house move.
    Good luck with it.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Fair does I feel I want to talk to someone properly about this face to face as itís all new to me. How I see it when I finally move I canít build a pond straight away in the new place, so they will be in a temp swimming pool set up, if so the gravity fed option canít be used can it?? Not like a pump can just be chucked in until you are really ready to spend time on the pond. Iím looking into the future is why Iím thinking this option if I go bottom drain then I wonít have any filtration for the temp pond when the move... which will then lead to a rushed pond ... which would be forced to do straight away. Where as if I go pump as least u can set it up and get myself together with the house and then move into the garden ... hope this makes sense if not I must be missing something


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #34
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    181
    Thanks / Likes
    162
    I could be wrong but Iím pretty sure most gravity fed filters can also be pump fed

  28. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #35
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,215
    Thanks / Likes
    10336
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Fair does I feel I want to talk to someone properly about this face to face as itís all new to me. How I see it when I finally move I canít build a pond straight away in the new place, so they will be in a temp swimming pool set up, if so the gravity fed option canít be used can it?? Not like a pump can just be chucked in until you are really ready to spend time on the pond. Iím looking into the future is why Iím thinking this option if I go bottom drain then I wonít have any filtration for the temp pond when the move... which will then lead to a rushed pond ... which would be forced to do straight away. Where as if I go pump as least u can set it up and get myself together with the house and then move into the garden ... hope this makes sense if not I must be missing something


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been on the phone with Charles. Had a chat. Nice bloke. Told him about bottom drains. He is up to speed.
    Also he is building a sleeper pond.
    Told him to talk to RS. And Andi. As they have sleeper pond experience. I don t.
    Plus john1. Anyone else done the sleeper pond build. The lad needs some tips. It was a pleasure to talk to you Charles. Anyone living around dartford way. Invite the lad to your ponds and setups. He loves the fish game. Very enthusiastic. And wants to learn.
    Fred




    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by freddyboy; 11-10-2019 at 05:32 AM.

  30. Thanks Ajm, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #36
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Hassai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    865
    Thanks / Likes
    2119
    Nice one Fred...…
    Charles put a thread up on the ''general koi carp chat section'' that you would like to have a look / chat
    with someone about all things koi in the Kent area there are a few on here from Kent.

  32. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #37
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,215
    Thanks / Likes
    10336
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    Nice one Fred...Ö
    Charles put a thread up on the ''general koi carp chat section'' that you would like to have a look / chat
    with someone about all things koi in the Kent area there are a few on here from Kent.
    I looked on my phone. Tapatalk.
    Could nt find it.
    I will have a look on my computer later.
    I think that brings chat room up in forums
    Cheers anne

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  34. #38
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,337
    Thanks / Likes
    3368
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    I looked on my phone. Tapatalk.
    Could nt find it.
    I will have a look on my computer later.
    I think that brings chat room up in forums
    Cheers anne

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    fred i think anne meant charles should put a thread up,not he has already lol,
    as for sleeper builds theyre easy,depending on what soil you have lol,concrete ring round base for them to sit on,lay flat for strength and drill and whack rebar in to fasten together,also lots of big long screws,as for bottom drain,best bit of kit you can have and doesnt have to be expensive,even one of the £20 kockney koi ones does the job,and cheap enough to put in for a couple of years use,then when you move just fill hole in and forget about it,,,,,,,andi

  35. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #39
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,215
    Thanks / Likes
    10336
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    fred i think anne meant charles should put a thread up,not he has already lol,
    as for sleeper builds theyre easy,depending on what soil you have lol,concrete ring round base for them to sit on,lay flat for strength and drill and whack rebar in to fasten together,also lots of big long screws,as for bottom drain,best bit of kit you can have and doesnt have to be expensive,even one of the £20 kockney koi ones does the job,and cheap enough to put in for a couple of years use,then when you move just fill hole in and forget about it,,,,,,,andi
    Just reread it andi. I read it wrong.
    Cheers mate

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  37. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  38. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Been on the phone with Charles. Had a chat. Nice bloke. Told him about bottom drains. He is up to speed.
    Also he is building a sleeper pond.
    Told him to talk to RS. And Andi. As they have sleeper pond experience. I don t.
    Plus john1. Anyone else done the sleeper pond build. The lad needs some tips. It was a pleasure to talk to you Charles. Anyone living around dartford way. Invite the lad to your ponds and setups. He loves the fish game. Very enthusiastic. And wants to learn.
    Fred




    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Cheers Fred mate. Good old chat was on the phone for over hour and half Cloverleaf filter if my girlfriend see the call and duration on my phone she probably think Iím having it away Cloverleaf filterCloverleaf filterCloverleaf filter but ye thanks for ya time mate. Actually going out today to buy some bits and sorting out a deal with this Draco filter, pump and media see if i can get abit of a deal!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.