Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1

    Another great product NOT

    Well nothing like being woken up by the electric tripping due to my ea water purification unit exploding this morning what a load of junk




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks andikoi, dave_vr6, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,346
    Thanks / Likes
    3402
    fist of all ouch,secondly thats why i love the 3 pods,finer filters do one now and you can get a chlorine/chloramine block filter for it,,,andi

  4. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    fist of all ouch,secondly thats why i love the 3 pods,finer filters do one now and you can get a chlorine/chloramine block filter for it,,,andi
    Phones ea and have been told this does happen sometimes but they are easy to replace hahaha

    I am now going to look at a 3 pod one might have a look at the show this weekend


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,346
    Thanks / Likes
    3402
    typical EA answer,it does happen sometimes cos we already know but we arent going to do owt about it,same as the evo uvs that they knew restricted flow but dont tell anyone,im waiting for the issues from there new variable pumps and the new feeder with a rechargeable battery,that im sure is going to be affected by moisture and degrade the terminals hahaha,,,,,andi

  8. Thanks Tom Koi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    5,183
    Thanks / Likes
    2926
    They are really overpriced for what is basically a cheap flimsy acrylic tube with a black cap stuck on each end filled with activated charcoal.

    The 3 pod units are cheaper, refillable and much more robust quality- plus you can fine tune which cartridges you put in to suit what you want. I would recommend getting the larger size ones though not the little 10" standard pods. The flow rate they can cope with is only a tiny trickle, no good at all for topping up after any significant water change. The jumbo 10" fat ones and the 20" ones are much better for a koi pond. Or a 'big blue' if you're wanting faster flow rates sometimes.

  10. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Had to replace my air pump today as it got soaked so another expense thanks to a crap ea product






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks Tom Koi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    They are really overpriced for what is basically a cheap flimsy acrylic tube with a black cap stuck on each end filled with activated charcoal.

    The 3 pod units are cheaper, refillable and much more robust quality- plus you can fine tune which cartridges you put in to suit what you want. I would recommend getting the larger size ones though not the little 10" standard pods. The flow rate they can cope with is only a tiny trickle, no good at all for topping up after any significant water change. The jumbo 10" fat ones and the 20" ones are much better for a koi pond. Or a 'big blue' if you're wanting faster flow rates sometimes.
    Do you have any links to ones which you would recommend also it would be great to find one that took 15mm push fit lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks / Likes
    5419
    That's terrible to see. Stuff purchased from proper Koi / Pond suppliers should absolutely be up to the job.

    I've never been satisfied with the quality of my EA UV either.

    For 3 pod units check out the thread I made.... If Mods think it worthy it would be nice to have it as a sticky as whilst its not super technical, it gives answers to all the basic questions I really struggled with when buying a purifier:

    https://www.koiforum.uk/water-treatm...nfo-ideas.html

  15. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #9
    Thanks for the help itís my first koi pond so trying to do things right but not having much luck at the min but the fish are looking healthy which I guess is the main things




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    5,183
    Thanks / Likes
    2926
    Quote Originally Posted by glennmartin9999 View Post
    Do you have any links to ones which you would recommend also it would be great to find one that took 15mm push fit lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if you're going to the show then VYAIR had a stand there last year- they sell various sizes of pod at good prices, and also can sell you adapters to connect pretty much anything together.
    The pods tend to have BSP screw threaded female ends, these can be 1", 3/4" or 1/2" depending on the size of the units. You can get 15mm push fit connectors with a male BSP screw threaded end so would be easy to do I think!

  19. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Kyusai Pomster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    954
    Thanks / Likes
    550
    Always considered EA has the dark side. Less said the better!
    Not to read a newspaper makes you uninformed. But to read a newspaper makes you misinformed

  21. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,420
    Thanks / Likes
    5151
    Had a few bits and didn't rate any of it

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  23. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #13
    I hate putting uk companyís down but they donít help themselves

    I asked them a question on Facebook regarding the warranty and they blocked me and reported my question to Facebook for violence


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, crazyreefer, freddyboy, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,420
    Thanks / Likes
    5151
    That must have been a very strongly worded question then e

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  27. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1151
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    typical EA answer,it does happen sometimes cos we already know but we arent going to do owt about it,same as the evo uvs that they knew restricted flow but dont tell anyone,im waiting for the issues from there new variable pumps and the new feeder with a rechargeable battery,that im sure is going to be affected by moisture and degrade the terminals hahaha,,,,,andi
    What are their UV's like. not the same I hope?

  28. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks / Likes
    5419
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    if you're going to the show then VYAIR had a stand there last year- they sell various sizes of pod at good prices, and also can sell you adapters to connect pretty much anything together.
    The pods tend to have BSP screw threaded female ends, these can be 1", 3/4" or 1/2" depending on the size of the units. You can get 15mm push fit connectors with a male BSP screw threaded end so would be easy to do I think!

    Except the same units are cheaper elsewhere, unless Vyair are cheaper on the stands than their website.

  30. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks / Likes
    5419
    Quote Originally Posted by glennmartin9999 View Post
    I hate putting uk company’s down but they don’t help themselves

    I asked them a question on Facebook regarding the warranty and they blocked me and reported my question to Facebook for violence


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    With you on both those points, re; I always try to buy everything British, but the quality/price ratio can be shockingly poor.

    Which would be acceptable if you get top notch customer service.

    But no, EA in particular are so defensive of their products they will blame you as the user or just ignore you.

    The best British companies I've ever dealt with are generally no longer British.

  32. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,420
    Thanks / Likes
    5151
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    What are their UV's like. not the same I hope?
    Some people like them some dont its horses for courses really . . I had the 30w and didn't like it at all . Just gotta listen to all experiences good and bad and make your own mind up I've gone to tmc and love it

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  33. Thanks Tom Koi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #19
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks / Likes
    5419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    What are their UV's like. not the same I hope?
    In my opinion, yes.

  35. Thanks Tom Koi Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    What are their UV's like. not the same I hope?
    I had a 55w the old model and the ballast went and ea wanted 120 to replace or buy a new 55w for 175

    In the end sold it and got a uv with no flow issues




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:00 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.