Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
TuffX Glass
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Adam Boyer koi!

  1. #1

    Adam Boyer koi!

    So I went to the bkks junior show back when ever it was. Bought 1 Asagi fry from mr Boyer and the growth is insane and the quality. Iím actually shocked how big he had grown I had another fry that I got from perfect aquatics a year ago and itís completely overtaken him, itís amazing to see. Anyone considering fry I would defiantly give him a go! Iím looking at my asagi now even the orange is strong and the scales are puka. Il see if I can get a picture of him!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, samp09, hippo Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    I am at the same position with you mate. Ordered 3 tosai's end of May. Shushui, Hi Utsuri and Shiro Utsuri. They were around 20cm all of them. Their growth is unbelievable. The first two took about 10cms during summer but the Shiro I believe took around 15cm but also gained massively in girth. I have a kin kabuto which is my largest koi (55cm and really chunky) which is over 3 years old and I am sure that next summer the Shiro will reach him size wise.
    Last edited by NikLiverpool; 20-09-2022 at 03:51 PM. Reason: typo

  4. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NikLiverpool View Post
    I am at the same position with you mate. Ordered 3 tosai's end of May. Shushui, Hi Utsuri and Shiro Utsuri. They were around 20cm all of them. Their growth is unbelievable. The first two took about 10cms during summer but the Shiro I believe took around 15cm but also gained massively in girth. I have a kin kabuto which is my largest koi (55cm and really chunky) which is over 3 years old and I am sure that next summer the Shiro will reach him size wise.
    I know is massively noticeable how much quicker this koi is growing conspired the itís pond mates! Really happy with the fish! Which is a gamble with fry anyway so well happy!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks / Likes
    5795
    I have measured up my tosai from Adam In spring today, and will be adding the updated pics/sizes to the thread I started initially when I got them

  8. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I have measured up my tosai from Adam In spring today, and will be adding the updated pics/sizes to the thread I started initially when I got them
    We should do a forum member byer koi farm day trip ! The Jolley boys outing Adam Boyer koi!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks samp09, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks / Likes
    5795
    I did think of suggesting a grow and show for the forum from Adams but I guess there are so many all the time and a lot of people live a long way to be able to go and pick fish etc.

  12. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks / Likes
    19390
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I did think of suggesting a grow and show for the forum from Adams but I guess there are so many all the time and a lot of people live a long way to be able to go and pick fish etc.
    Would have to be a video call for me lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  14. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai g mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,230
    Thanks / Likes
    2286
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I did think of suggesting a grow and show for the forum from Adams but I guess there are so many all the time and a lot of people live a long way to be able to go and pick fish etc.
    It would be fun though and I've never actually visited, as yet.
    7500 litres
    Filtreau combi with uv.
    Some koi

  16. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Kyusai hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tarleton , Lancashire
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks / Likes
    719
    If you check out "Koi Diaries" on Youtube , Andy , who runs it , has done a couple of grow and shows with Adam . Be interesting to see how this years batch turn out . In the last video , Andy was just getting all the data together .
    Colin

    2500 Gallon Fibreglass Pond
    Draco Solum 16 , 400l Bio Chamber

  18. Thanks g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:46 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.