Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
TuffX Glass
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reefers?

  1. #1

    Reefers?

    We got any reefers on this forum! Recently got a Red Sea reefer tank! Itís all very exciting! Corals and not koi!!!! Haha.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Yep,I keep a reef aswell!
    Iím running an innovative marine 20 peninsula now,I used to always have larger tanks but came back to the hobby a couple of years back after a break of a few years and went the nano route with a fluval evo before upgrading to the slightly larger IM nuvo

    Whatís your plan for the tank fish/coral wise?

    I keep mainly zoas/softies and lps,no sps as I
    donít have the time/interest for that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    4,264
    Thanks / Likes
    8986
    Ex reefkeeper.
    i thought Koi would be easier to look after...
    ...how wrong can you be





  5. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    Ex reefkeeper.
    i thought Koi would be easier to look after...
    ...how wrong can you be




    Thatís a lovely tank! I think that is a birds nest in the middle right? If so I want one!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    4,264
    Thanks / Likes
    8986
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    That’s a lovely tank! I think that is a birds nest in the middle right? If so I want one!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the Hystrix (birds nest coral) is the one circled
    theres is also a chunk behind the green staghorn on the far right.

    been a while since i kept them, about 11 years that was lit with metal halides, it's all LEDs now


  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    the Hystrix (birds nest coral) is the one circled
    theres is also a chunk behind the green staghorn on the far right.

    been a while since i kept them, about 11 years that was lit with metal halides, it's all LEDs now

    What is the bigger one to the right which is a greeny yellow?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    10,084
    Thanks / Likes
    19377
    Every time I look at daves or watch the YouTube of it I need one . Will only be a nano this time round tho nice little nano coral with a couple nemo clowns and clean up crew ( crabs shrimp snails ect )

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  11. Thanks davethefish1, charco123 Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    4,264
    Thanks / Likes
    8986
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    What is the bigger one to the right which is a greeny yellow?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    on the right hand bommie there is a large green staghorn (biggest coral head), and further to the right a lime green staghorn.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:08 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.