Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 194
  1. #121
    Thanks Frim, really appreciate the help

  2. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #122
    This looks to be the same thing Frim, only clear, so will go for that option, once I've checked the size of the thermo unit.

    https://www.tradesparky.com/circuit-...-125x175x100mm

  4. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by g mac View Post
    Thanks Frim, really appreciate the help
    You're welcome, any time

  6. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by g mac View Post
    This looks to be the same thing Frim, only clear, so will go for that option, once I've checked the size of the thermo unit.

    https://www.tradesparky.com/circuit-...-125x175x100mm
    That's not a bad price either, good find

  7. #125
    Bit of advice for you Gary.

    I've found that sometimes the clear PVC box fronts show more scratches etc than the coloured ones and to me tend to feel more brittle.

    As you'll have to cut a rectangular hole out of the lid for the controller to mount into, make sure you work in a warmish area as trying to drill and cut those type of boxes in a cold shed or garage tends to make them more likely to crack or shatter so be careful when cutting and drilling them OK.

    Also measure (at least) twice, cut once

  8. Thanks Ajm, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #126
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    Sorry to jump in and hyjack that's frims thing but whilst on about boxes frim could I use this box to to join a flood lamp to my switchbox rather than take lamp apart and use new wire to extend?

    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=...BAgBEC4&adurl=

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  10. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #127
    That should be OK Aj.

    Personally I would use a 308 WISKA box with Wago connectors but that's because I've got a multi pack of Wagos from Screwfix. I think Ideal make something very similar to the Wagos just don't like their design though.

  12. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #128
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    That should be OK Aj.

    Personally I would use a 308 WISKA box with Wago connectors but that's because I've got a multi pack of Wagos from Screwfix. I think Ideal make something very similar to the Wagos just don't like their design though.
    Cheers matey greatly appreciated.

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  14. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #129
    I have been using those 308s for a couple of years or so now and occasionally find if mounted too close to the ground it's worth filling them with stuff called Magic Gel. The stuff you mix yourself not the premixed stuff in a tube as that's bloody odd shit !!!

  16. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #130
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    Sorry again g mac for the hyjack

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  18. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #131
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I have been using those 308s for a couple of years or so now and occasionally find if mounted too close to the ground it's worth filling them with stuff called Magic Gel. The stuff you mix yourself not the premixed stuff in a tube as that's bloody odd shit !!!
    Gunna mount about 2 foot off floor on back of pergola looked at those gel packets selgel or some it that you get in shoes when you first buy them

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  20. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Gunna mount about 2 foot off floor on back of pergola looked at those gel packets selgel or some it that you get in shoes when you first buy them

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    That's Silica gel you muppet lol

    You want Magic Gel if you find moisture gets into that box as IP65 is shower proof from all directions I think but condensation tends to be a build up of water vapour I think and is more of a fine mist which due to the size of the water droplets gets through smaller gaps than water from rain drops, or something along those lines I believe?

  22. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #133
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    That's Silica gel you muppet lol

    You want Magic Gel if you find moisture gets into that box as IP65 is shower proof from all directions I think but condensation tends to be a build up of water vapour I think and is more of a fine mist which due to the size of the water droplets gets through smaller gaps than water from rain drops, or something along those lines I believe?
    I refer you to a previous thread mentioning red wine lol haha

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  24. #134
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks / Likes
    10742
    I'll get some when I get around to doing lights cheers frim

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  25. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Bit of advice for you Gary.

    I've found that sometimes the clear PVC box fronts show more scratches etc than the coloured ones and to me tend to feel more brittle.

    As you'll have to cut a rectangular hole out of the lid for the controller to mount into, make sure you work in a warmish area as trying to drill and cut those type of boxes in a cold shed or garage tends to make them more likely to crack or shatter so be careful when cutting and drilling them OK.

    Also measure (at least) twice, cut once
    Think I've been a bit dim, I was thinking that if I went for clear then I would be able to see it inside the box.. Forgetting that I need to cut out the front.
    Do you just put some silicone around the cut out to waterproof it?

  26. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by g mac View Post
    Think I've been a bit dim, I was thinking that if I went for clear then I would be able to see it inside the box.. Forgetting that I need to cut out the front.
    Do you just put some silicone around the cut out to waterproof it?
    I'll see if I can find one of my controllers to see if they are IP rated so I can give you an answer as they may have a seal on the edge of them OK

  28. Thanks g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #137
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    6,309
    Thanks / Likes
    11256
    My box is 55 deep by 165 long by 110 mm high but its the depth you need.
    The solid front I would think is better and yes cutting it,are you putting it out side as I dont know if the screen is waterproof ?
    John

  30. Thanks g mac, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    My box is 55 deep by 165 long by 110 mm high but its the depth you need.
    The solid front I would think is better and yes cutting it,are you putting it out side as I dont know if the screen is waterproof ?
    Thanks John. Yes it will be outside. That's why I was going for the weatherproof enclosure box. Maybe I'll have to rethink it.

  32. Thanks john1, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I'll see if I can find one of my controllers to see if they are IP rated so I can give you an answer as they may have a seal on the edge of them OK
    Cheers Frimley

  34. Thanks john1, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #140
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    6,309
    Thanks / Likes
    11256
    Maybe need a hinged front or an easy front opening.
    John

  36. Thanks g mac, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:20 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.