Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 177

Thread: Moving day

  1. #141
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    5,962
    Thanks / Likes
    10407
    Done a great job mate,what sort of wood for the capping is it tantalised? And what will you paint it with?

    Just trying to learn
    John

  2. Thanks freddyboy, rogmondiev6, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    OK. That's one of the 3 things I wish I'd have done with my pond. A skimmer, a BD and gone bigger

    I've just recently added a skimmer but the other 2 are slightly harder although I'm going to try a retro BD very soon hopefully.

    A shower's always a good option though.

    Good luck.
    Deffo gona put a skimmer in mate, it'll be easy enough I think. Bd for me wasn't really an option unfortunately as I really don't have space for the filter. As for going bigger compared to the old on it massive. Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Done a great job mate,what sort of wood for the capping is it tantalised? And what will you paint it with?

    Just trying to learn
    Hi John and thanks. The capping is new scaffold boards and I've even left the metal capping on them, I've treated them with sikaguard universal 5 star wood treatment.

    I will be staining or painting them but not sure what coulour but kinda like this.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rogmondiev6; 30-06-2020 at 12:27 PM.

  6. Thanks john1, Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Deffo gona put a skimmer in mate, it'll be easy enough I think. Bd for me wasn't really an option unfortunately as I really don't have space for the filter. As for going bigger compared to the old on it massive. Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    It was just a few suggestions Rog lol

    I was stuck for size firstly because I didn't know that it was going to be there for 10 years, secondly it was the biggest I could fit in the space without taking over too much of the garden so the fun sponge wouldn't kick off and thirdly it was all I could afford at the time lol

    Everyone has their own limitations at the end of the day.

    I think you've done / doing a great job.

    Keep up the good work and the photos

  8. Thanks rogmondiev6, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #145
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    5,962
    Thanks / Likes
    10407
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Hi John and thanks. The capping is new scaffold boards and I've even left the metal capping on them, I've treated them with sikaguard universal 5 star wood treatment.

    I will be staining or painting them but not sure what coulour but kinda like this.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    That looks a lovely stain brings the knots out as long as it lasts mate.
    John

  10. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, rogmondiev6, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #146
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Adult Champion bowsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,596
    Thanks / Likes
    1022
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Hi John and thanks. The capping is new scaffold boards and I've even left the metal capping on them, I've treated them with sikaguard universal 5 star wood treatment.

    I will be staining or painting them but not sure what coulour but kinda like this.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    sure that's a stain and not shou sugi ban?
    the slow pond build thread

  12. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsaw View Post
    sure that's a stain and not shou sugi ban?
    Whats shou sugi ban???

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  14. #148
    Chose my stain, Capping stained.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, anne, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #149
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanks / Likes
    3335
    [QUOTE=rogmondiev6;339809]Whats shou sugi ban???

    Google said it translates to '' Burnt cedar board ''......nice though

  17. Thanks rogmondiev6, john1, Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #150
    [QUOTE=anne;339823]
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Whats shou sugi ban???

    Google said it translates to '' Burnt cedar board ''......nice though
    Oh OK thanks Anne. Maybe it is shou sugi ban, looks nice whatever it is.Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  19. Thanks anne, john1, Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #151
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    5,962
    Thanks / Likes
    10407
    Just waiting on the liner now Rog.
    John

  21. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Just waiting on the liner now Rog.
    Yes mate, nothing more I can do really. Could make up the pipe work for the bd & pump, oh and I have some spotlights coming that I'm going to put round the capping, and got to move electrics.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  23. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Yes mate, nothing more I can do really. Could make up the pipe work for the bd & pump, oh and I have some spotlights coming that I'm going to put round the capping, and got to move electrics.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Have a beer Rog, you have more than ernt it by now

  25. Thanks rogmondiev6, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #154
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Adult Champion bowsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,596
    Thanks / Likes
    1022
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Whats shou sugi ban???

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Method of preserving wood for a very long time from japan. You burn the top layer and the resin in the wood then protects it, leave the flame on longer for a darker finish
    the slow pond build thread

  27. Thanks freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper, rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #155
    Leave the flame on too long and you end up with a pile of ashes

  29. Thanks rogmondiev6, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #156
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanks / Likes
    3335
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Leave the flame on too long and you end up with a pile of ashes
    Hahahahaha

  31. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, rogmondiev6, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    Hahahahaha
    Glad someone appreciated it

  33. Thanks anne, rogmondiev6, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #158
    Socket moved to end of pond, next im gona put some little led lights round the capping. No news on the liner yet though.Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  35. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, RS2OOO, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #159
    Nice work Rog, just remember to close the lid before it rains again

  37. Thanks RS2OOO, rogmondiev6, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  38. #160
    See Fred it's not just you I tell to shut their lids is it? Lol

  39. Thanks rogmondiev6, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.