Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 218 of 218

Thread: Moving day

  1. #201
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks / Likes
    3366
    Is that your pet Heron he keeps moving about the garden he'll be feeding from your hand next.....
    looking good though

  2. Thanks rogmondiev6, Frimley Koi keeper, Wain Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    Is that your pet Heron he keeps moving about the garden he'll be feeding from your hand next.....
    looking good though
    Moving dayMoving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  4. #203
    Getting there.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  5. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Getting there.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    I thought you had a green straw sticking out of that bottle for a second Rog lol

    Nearly there now this time tomorrow you'll have the fish in there lol

  7. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I thought you had a green straw sticking out of that bottle for a second Rog lol

    Nearly there now this time tomorrow you'll have the fish in there lol
    How long should I leave it before I put the fish in there? I was going to wait till the temps in the new pond and there temp pool was about the same, didn't wana shock em.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #206
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks / Likes
    3366
    [QUOTE=Frimley Koi keeper;341579]I thought you had a green straw sticking out of that bottle for a second Rog lol

    Yeah an extra long one...... And is that a urine sample for the doctor... i don't think he / she will need that much

  11. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #207
    [QUOTE=anne;341596]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I thought you had a green straw sticking out of that bottle for a second Rog lol

    Yeah an extra long one...... And is that a urine sample for the doctor... i don't think he / she will need that much
    You always have to lower the tone Anne lol

  13. Thanks rogmondiev6, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  14. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    How long should I leave it before I put the fish in there? I was going to wait till the temps in the new pond and there temp pool was about the same, didn't wana shock em.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Depends if the water you used was chlorinated or not for starters.

    You might want to run it for a couple of days to let any muck get washed into the filters so you can remove it?

    Could also be worth testing the water for Chlorine, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH, KH and maybe GH. Then if possible try to get the temperatures of the 2 ponds as close as you can then maybe add 2 or 3 fish at a time. Keep testing the water. Maybe try them on a little bit of food. Once you get your water parameters right then maybe think about adding more fish but just not more than 2 or 3 at a time. Most importantly keep testing as you will get an Ammonia spike followed by a Nitrite spike and then a Nitrate spike.

  15. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #209
    Good luck and any questions just ask OK

  17. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #210
    When you do add the fish make sure it's on a day that you are going to be around all day so you can keep a close eye on them and if required be prepared to take them back out again if they take a turn for the worst. Hopefully they'll be OK.

  19. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Depends if the water you used was chlorinated or not for starters.

    You might want to run it for a couple of days to let any muck get washed into the filters so you can remove it?

    Could also be worth testing the water for Chlorine, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH, KH and maybe GH. Then if possible try to get the temperatures of the 2 ponds as close as you can then maybe add 2 or 3 fish at a time. Keep testing the water. Maybe try them on a little bit of food. Once you get your water parameters right then maybe think about adding more fish but just not more than 2 or 3 at a time. Most importantly keep testing as you will get an Ammonia spike followed by a Nitrite spike and then a Nitrate spike.
    I dosed the water it with Sodium thiosulphate as per manky sankes chart, I will test chlorine tomorrow then set my filter up and do tests for a couple of days before adding fish i think?
    Thanks for all you input Frimley its been very helpful.Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks anne, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #212
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks / Likes
    3366
    [QUOTE=Frimley Koi keeper;341598][QUOTE=anne;341596]

    You always have to lower the tone Anne lol................ .Sorry.....................

  23. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    I dosed the water it with Sodium thiosulphate as per manky sankes chart, I will test chlorine tomorrow then set my filter up and do tests for a couple of days before adding fish i think?
    Thanks for all you input Frimley its been very helpful.Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    No problem Rog, that's what this site is all about

  25. #214
    [QUOTE=anne;341614][QUOTE=Frimley Koi keeper;341598]
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post

    You always have to lower the tone Anne lol................ .Sorry.....................
    lol don't act all innocent now Anne lol

  26. Thanks anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    I dosed the water it with Sodium thiosulphate as per manky sankes chart, I will test chlorine tomorrow then set my filter up and do tests for a couple of days before adding fish i think?
    Thanks for all you input Frimley its been very helpful.Moving day

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Good plan Rog, keep a good eye on parameters and don't get impatient and just go for it too soon. Once things mature and settle down you can get used to how things are going sometimes by just seeing how your fish behave and with time you will possibly only need to test when you suspect there is an issue.

    Good luck

  28. Thanks anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #216
    Filter, pump and Bd all plumbed in. Gona get a screen to hide the filter. Now to get the k1 micro out that i put in my multi bay filter when the pod arrived so its been in there a good 4/5 weeks to try and kick-start it.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  30. Thanks anne, jayjt29, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by rogmondiev6 View Post
    Filter, pump and Bd all plumbed in. Gona get a screen to hide the filter. Now to get the k1 micro out that i put in my multi bay filter when the pod arrived so its been in there a good 4/5 weeks to try and kick-start it.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    So that's why you had a long vertical pipe coming up from the pump

    Nice work Rog

  32. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #218
    I hope you numbered the K1 micro so you can get the correct ones back out of your multi bay lol

  34. Thanks rogmondiev6 Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:15 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.