Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
TuffX Glass
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 109
  1. #61
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    Looks like you've got your work cut out mate
    The drum will be great i cant beleive just how goid they are at keeping the water clear
    I can't wait, don't suppose you fancy coming and doing it for me after finishing yours?

  2. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #62
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Rub it in a bit more mate gotta clean my brushes tomorrow yeah lol
    Get yourself a cheap second hand drum an all!

  4. #63
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,124
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    Get yourself a cheap second hand drum an all!
    Thinking about it now like . Maybe next year if I can find a steal like yours bud

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  5. #64
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Thinking about it now like . Maybe next year if I can find a steal like yours bud
    Just have to start sticking a bit aside when you can and forgetting about it till next year!

  6. #65
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I can't wait, don't suppose you fancy coming and doing it for me after finishing yours?
    would love to mate...
    just as soon as someone to donates me a new spine lol!

  7. Thanks Ajm, dbs, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #66
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    would love to mate...
    just as soon as someone to donates me a new spine lol!
    I'll keep my eyes peeled on eBay!

  9. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #67
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    So I need to relocate the float to the clean side of the drum as it is currently set up for pump fed but this means taking the drum apart to get access to drill into the plastic slightly and screw the float on. I don't want to do this as I can see myself messing up the drum somehow and having to end up chucking it away so is there anything I could use to stick the float bracket in place like a sealant of some sort? Would need to be strong and fish friendly as there will be water flowing across it and I don't think CT1 would do the trick?

  11. #68
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,124
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Is goldseal any stronger

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  12. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #69
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    If the plastics are the same heat welding?

    Does it not have a place to move the bracket to?
    The QK drums have grub screws set in the plastic for pump or gravity...

  14. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #70
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai GadgetBazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    625
    Thanks / Likes
    1230
    Can’t see why ct1 wouldn’t work? Better if you can do it dry though, can you isolate the drum a short period and dry with a cloth before sticking?

  16. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #71
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,124
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetBazza View Post
    Can’t see why ct1 wouldn’t work? Better if you can do it dry though, can you isolate the drum a short period and dry with a cloth before sticking?
    Don't believe it's plumbed in yet baz so shouldn't be a issue

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  18. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #72
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetBazza View Post
    Can’t see why ct1 wouldn’t work? Better if you can do it dry though, can you isolate the drum a short period and dry with a cloth before sticking?
    It is dry, just wondered as my surface skimmer cover comes off easily and I attached that with CT1, but I could give it a go. It will have plenty of curing time until its fitted I guess!

    No Dave, no grub screws to move it easily unfortunately. I wish there was! The bracket is metal so can't plastic weld. I messaged Filtreau to see if they had any advice and sold the bypass bungs separately and eventually got a response after about the 8th email saying I would need to speak to the place I brought it which was helpful even though I explained it was second hand!

  20. #73
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    this video shows the drum with the level sensor for gravity,
    it looks to me like they've used short self tapping screws that don't go all the way through the wall off the drum.




    so if you measure the thickness and get some self tappers to suit, but looks like you'd have to remove the drum to drill the pilot holes (without drilling right through!)
    and ask someone on here with a filtreau for the measurement from the lip of the drum to set the height of the bracket.


    https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-ma...42&sr=8-5&th=1






  21. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #74
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Yep thats it, so would need to remove the drum to drill the pilot holes. It's attached the same in the dirty side for pump fed as well. Don't think CT1 will stick the metal to the plastic on the side I need a torque wrench to tighten it up correctly if I remote the drum too but having no idea how they actually work I am a bit worried about taking it apart. Having said that, I have pretty much rebuilt a Toyota starlet GT turbo from the ground up with just a years mechanics course behind me so sure once I get stuck in it'll be easy.

  23. Thanks davethefish1, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #75
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    Yep thats it, so would need to remove the drum to drill the pilot holes. It's attached the same in the dirty side for pump fed as well. Don't think CT1 will stick the metal to the plastic on the side I need a torque wrench to tighten it up correctly if I remote the drum too but having no idea how they actually work I am a bit worried about taking it apart. Having said that, I have pretty much rebuilt a Toyota starlet GT turbo from the ground up with just a years mechanics course behind me so sure once I get stuck in it'll be easy.
    I haven't got a link atm...on mobile phone not PC
    But there are youtube videos for removing a filtreau drum.

  25. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #76
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    I didn't even think to look at that! Will have a look now

    Edit: Looks like if I remove the screen I will have enough access to the side of the drum without completely stripping it so that don't seem too bad a job after all.
    Last edited by samp09; 19-09-2021 at 09:16 PM.

  27. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #77
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    Does anyone know if a 3" tank flange would fit in a surface skimmer? Seems like 3" tank connectors are impossible to find in pressure fittings. Found a 4" in waste pipe which may be the way to go if not and then convert to pressure. I may leave it as it is and not connect to the drum though as when I feed I usually just turn the pump off on the skimmer line but if its gravity fed It will mess up the flow rate when I close the valve to feed. Only difference being that the drum will remove the food that goes down the skimmer line whereas currently it just collects in the skimmer basket or goes back through the system after going through a pump. I also would like it on the drum as it means I only need 1 pump.

  29. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #78
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    Does anyone know if a 3" tank flange would fit in a surface skimmer? Seems like 3" tank connectors are impossible to find in pressure fittings. Found a 4" in waste pipe which may be the way to go if not and then convert to pressure. I may leave it as it is and not connect to the drum though as when I feed I usually just turn the pump off on the skimmer line but if its gravity fed It will mess up the flow rate when I close the valve to feed. Only difference being that the drum will remove the food that goes down the skimmer line whereas currently it just collects in the skimmer basket or goes back through the system after going through a pump. I also would like it on the drum as it means I only need 1 pump.
    will a rubber boot fit on the outside of the skimmer bottom?
    seen a standard pool skimmer like the one pictured below somewhere recently on youtube i think, with an reducer boot over the whole bottom spigot going to 4"

    good selection of larger drainage reducer sizes here
    https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk...-coupling.html


  31. #79
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3812
    I think 6" to 4" boots have been used in the past but as its built into the wall I would have to some how chisel around the back of it which is about 1 inch into the wall and try to get a good seal on it, I feel I would end up with a crap seal and weakness in the wall if I went down that route.

  32. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #80
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I think 6" to 4" boots have been used in the past but as its built into the wall I would have to some how chisel around the back of it which is about 1 inch into the wall and try to get a good seal on it, I feel I would end up with a crap seal and weakness in the wall if I went down that route.
    If it's already in the wall i'd not cut any more out.
    I think I've got a 3" pressure flange somewhere, i can give you dimensions...

    For a 3" tank connector you could use a 3" female bsp x 3"" adaptor and cut the back threaded part off a 3" male bsp x 3" adaptor. I did the same in 1" for my overflow in my skimmer.
    Last edited by davethefish1; 26-09-2021 at 08:38 PM.

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:13 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.