Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: K1 problem?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai KyKoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    189
    Thanks / Likes
    189

    K1 problem?

    So Iv just done my weekly nexus clean to discover the k1 I. The bio section has lost its brown tinge. The pond has been a constant for about 2 months now. No treatments no heat change all water tests are spot on. Why would my k1 have lost its colour? It looks brand new



  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KyKoi View Post
    So Iv just done my weekly nexus clean to discover the k1 I. The bio section has lost its brown tinge. The pond has been a constant for about 2 months now. No treatments no heat change all water tests are spot on. Why would my k1 have lost its colour? It looks brand new
    During your water tests, did you check for any chlorine possibly sneaking through your carbon filter cartridge(s)?

    Any change in your fishes' behaviour?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai KyKoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    189
    Thanks / Likes
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by MustBeSomethingInTheWater View Post
    During your water tests, did you check for any chlorine possibly sneaking through your carbon filter cartridge(s)?

    Any change in your fishes' behaviour?
    Use dpd4 tablets absolutely nothing showing also no change in behaviour at all

  4. #4
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Kyusai Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,031
    Thanks / Likes
    1141
    Quote Originally Posted by MustBeSomethingInTheWater View Post
    During your water tests, did you check for any chlorine possibly sneaking through your carbon filter cartridge(s)?

    Any change in your fishes' behaviour?
    Thats weird...are you flushing/cleaning the K1 more frequently now than before? Could it be the brown you saw before was some waste matter on the K1 rather than bio film? Just a thought..?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai KyKoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    189
    Thanks / Likes
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Thats weird...are you flushing/cleaning the K1 more frequently now than before? Could it be the brown you saw before was some waste matter on the K1 rather than bio film? Just a thought..?
    Nothing at all has changed mate. Weekly Friday clean of the mechanical section, 3 flushes. Then trickle it in thru 3 dechlorinators to top the pond back up. Then dpd4 to check chlorine and add some vitalise just to be safe. The bio section never gets touched at all. Like I say no temp change no flow change nothing. Itís weird. Tested the water last night and still spot on.

  6. #6
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Kyusai Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,031
    Thanks / Likes
    1141
    Strange, but I guess if parameters are all as they were and ok, and fish all good, nothing to worry about..

  7. Thanks KyKoi Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.