Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Facebook

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks / Likes
    21261

    Facebook

    That's it am coming off every facebook koi page that shit they talk on there is super sketchy at best and advice is board line dangerous to the fish .

    Survive or thrive

    and I ain't seen one post lately where they are thriving . From massive 75% percent water change full bore from tap or spraying in the air ! , 500 liter ponds with 15 koi !!!! Box filters that get cleaned with a hose tried many times to point them in right direction but it just ain't happening like

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk


    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  2. Thanks Maddog1, samp09, john1, davethefish1, RS2OOO, Mannh85, voodoo_15_uk Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,385
    Thanks / Likes
    6883
    It's evident in every type of group on facebook mate, from fishing to football to hiking to ponds there is always an abundance of numpties with terrible advice!

  4. Thanks Maddog1, john1, Ajm, davethefish1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    6,040
    Thanks / Likes
    12067
    I browse fb but don't contribute much.
    It's impossible to search for information like a forum.
    And the questions and answers just keep repeating the same things. "My fish R poorly what do U treat wiv? Blagdon antiparasight"?

  6. Thanks RS2OOO, Ajm, Maddog1, john1, Doitsusanke Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    6,015
    Thanks / Likes
    13300
    Joined Facebook a couple of years ago just to join a koi group.

    Lasted 2 weeks and banned myself! It was awful, not for the same reasons as AJ points out as this was a "high end" group full of experts..... Who spouted absolute rubbish and simply banned people who questioned anything, even though the questions were valid.

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks Ajm, Maddog1, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks / Likes
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    I browse fb but don't contribute much.
    It's impossible to search for information like a forum.
    And the questions and answers just keep repeating the same things. "My fish R poorly what do U treat wiv? Blagdon antiparasight"?
    This forum is the saving grace of it all . Would hate for that lot to come on and turn it in to a complete farce

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  10. Thanks Maddog1, john1, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Whitey79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    410
    Thanks / Likes
    556
    But aj if you’re not on fb you’re not a koi keeper because forums are so old it’s black box filtering how can you keep koi if you’re on a forum

  12. Thanks john1, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    6,040
    Thanks / Likes
    12067
    it's amazing that most days you look on the forums 'who's online'
    and there are about 20 members and 300 'guests'

    forums are the best places for info, as you can search back for years....

  14. Thanks john1, RS2OOO, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    8,832
    Thanks / Likes
    15462
    Remember when I joined this forum a few years ago there were quite a few members but a lot had a big barny.
    This led to a lot of them leaving and they formed a new forum similar name to this one.

    My first forum was the Koi Mag forum which was good but sadly folded up with the magazine.

    Dont use fb as I think it's just a lot of useless gossip,this forum in my opinion is the best place to be for information and help and support when needed,and I needed it last year.

    Doesnt matter how good you think you are at keeping koi we can all get problems and at least we have someone to turn to.

    We all need help and support sometime in our life and I got it last year from here.
    Thank you.
    John

  16. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks / Likes
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Remember when I joined this forum a few years ago there were quite a few members but a lot had a big barny.
    This led to a lot of them leaving and they formed a new forum similar name to this one.

    My first forum was the Koi Mag forum which was good but sadly folded up with the magazine.

    Dont use fb as I think it's just a lot of useless gossip,this forum in my opinion is the best place to be for information and help and support when needed,and I needed it last year.

    Doesnt matter how good you think you are at keeping koi we can all get problems and at least we have someone to turn to.

    We all need help and support sometime in our life and I got it last year from here.
    Thank you.
    Never a truer word spoken mate . Seem to have lost even more members over the last 2 years or so tho . Andy , trace , Anne , fred all very nice helpful knowledgeable people just to name a few

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  17. Thanks john1, davethefish1, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    If you think facebook is bad then stay away from reddit koi & reddit pond.
    some clowns

  19. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, john1, davethefish1, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    6,015
    Thanks / Likes
    13300
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Remember when I joined this forum a few years ago there were quite a few members but a lot had a big barny.
    This led to a lot of them leaving and they formed a new forum similar name to this one.

    My first forum was the Koi Mag forum which was good but sadly folded up with the magazine.

    Dont use fb as I think it's just a lot of useless gossip,this forum in my opinion is the best place to be for information and help and support when needed,and I needed it last year.

    Doesnt matter how good you think you are at keeping koi we can all get problems and at least we have someone to turn to.

    We all need help and support sometime in our life and I got it last year from here.
    Thank you.
    Do you know who's forum this actually is?

    I've never been quite sure who started it and who hosts it.

    It surprises me how many knowledgable koi keepers aren't interested in joining this forum. I'm on some whatsapp / telegram groups and nobody seems that interested in joining a forum like this, yet I think it would be a good place for them. The thing with those groups is they are all based around instant messaging so you get the same questions come up again and again, and various conversations get overlapped, whereas on a forum you can easily search and find a full thread covering a specific subject.

    When I mention forums to people, any forum, they sometimes respond by saying forums are just dated now, or they are so 2000's, but I don't see the problem, they are superior to social media groups in so many ways.

  21. Thanks Ajm, john1, davethefish1, Maddog1, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #12
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    8,832
    Thanks / Likes
    15462
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Do you know who's forum this actually is?

    I've never been quite sure who started it and who hosts it.

    It surprises me how many knowledgable koi keepers aren't interested in joining this forum. I'm on some whatsapp / telegram groups and nobody seems that interested in joining a forum like this, yet I think it would be a good place for them. The thing with those groups is they are all based around instant messaging so you get the same questions come up again and again, and various conversations get overlapped, whereas on a forum you can easily search and find a full thread covering a specific subject.

    When I mention forums to people, any forum, they sometimes respond by saying forums are just dated now, or they are so 2000's, but I don't see the problem, they are superior to social media groups in so many ways.
    Very true Steve, think it was Darios who had this forum and now a guy in Spain has it but you dont hear much from him.
    The mods probably know.
    John

  23. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #13
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    8,832
    Thanks / Likes
    15462
    Sorry it was Lazarus.
    John

  25. Thanks davethefish1, RS2OOO, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #14
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai maplekoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    124
    Thanks / Likes
    123
    The trouble with facebook is that most people are on that many forums when they post a question they are expecting the same answer that they already know is correct ,but just need the reassurance they are correct , I have seen posts saying that push fit pipe on bottom drains is fine but if you post a comment you just get abuse . in the end we should all help each other with the cost of living crisis , electric bills on the up lets all get on to keep the hobby going for everyone

  27. Thanks john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Remember when I joined this forum a few years ago there were quite a few members but a lot had a big barny.
    This led to a lot of them leaving and they formed a new forum similar name to this one.

    My first forum was the Koi Mag forum which was good but sadly folded up with the magazine.

    Dont use fb as I think it's just a lot of useless gossip,this forum in my opinion is the best place to be for information and help and support when needed,and I needed it last year.

    Doesnt matter how good you think you are at keeping koi we can all get problems and at least we have someone to turn to.

    We all need help and support sometime in our life and I got it last year from here.
    Thank you.
    I am very pleased I joined this forum, lots of talk about subjects that I consider to be relevant from hobbyists that have great knowledge through experience, and happy to give, in my opinion, their views, and I'm only a restarter to the hobby again but enjoy learning more thanks to you all
    Steve.

    Sent from my SM-A326BR using Tapatalk

  29. Thanks john1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #16
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    8,832
    Thanks / Likes
    15462
    Quote Originally Posted by steviekoi62 View Post
    I am very pleased I joined this forum, lots of talk about subjects that I consider to be relevant from hobbyists that have great knowledge through experience, and happy to give, in my opinion, their views, and I'm only a restarter to the hobby again but enjoy learning more thanks to you all
    Steve.

    Sent from my SM-A326BR using Tapatalk
    That's why we are all here Steve to help one another,and remember the old saying " No such thing as a stupid question"
    John

  31. Thanks Ajm, Potts021090, RS2OOO, TEMPLAR Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #17
    I'd have thought it would be an absolute mine field for a new koi keeper you got madness from the lower end FB groups and most YouTubers inc "dealers" like the rapidly receding reefer, then you got the other end the r.o heated elites. It's best not to listen to any of them and just do your own thing

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

  33. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    6,040
    Thanks / Likes
    12067
    i really would question why anyone would take advise over facebook ect...
    all kinds of nutters on there...

    i heard a comment on koi talks YT channel recently, complaining about all the conflicting and incorrect advise given out on FB and youtube...


    it's just a worldwide platform for everyone and anyone, to express whatever views, and say whatever they like,
    as long as it doesn't upset the platform owners hyper liberal value system...

  35. Thanks Ajm, g mac, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:45 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2024 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.