Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    need help please what koi is my koi

    could anyone help me please
    does anyone know what the name of those
    also anyone have an idea where i can sell them as they becoming too large for my pond
    my pond is pretty crowded and need to get rid of some of my fish
    2.jpg289598675_559361285688059_8574149311563293277_n.jpg289405136_820030478980387_4265989731457315206_n.jpg289658659_337860058366878_4515998616767933895_n.jpg289591848_544158604124722_4605683492846573112_n.jpg



  2. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    5,151
    Thanks / Likes
    11707
    1) Shubunkin
    2) Yamabuki Ogon (A nice one as well)
    3) Sanke (Or a Kohaku covered in Shimis) - not a great example
    4) Sanke
    5) Shubunkin
    6) Sanke

    They are nice fish but not of a high standard and therefore a good home for them should come before any perceived financial value. The Yamabuku will probably have more interest than the rest. eBay is probably your best shot, gumtree as a last resort.

  3. Thanks samp09, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    1) Shubunkin
    2) Yamabuki Ogon (A nice one as well)
    3) Sanke (Or a Kohaku covered in Shimis) - not a great example
    4) Sanke
    5) Shubunkin
    6) Sanke

    They are nice fish but not of a high standard and therefore a good home for them should come before any perceived financial value. The Yamabuku will probably have more interest than the rest. eBay is probably your best shot, gumtree as a last resort.
    Amazing knowledge, Iím about a month away from transferring my father in laws fish from his pond to my new home made pond for them so it would be great if l could also send you screenshots of his to help me recognise and then hopefully add to the collection need help please what koi is my koi


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    9,914
    Thanks / Likes
    19155
    That yamabuki is a lovely fish I have 1 from a fry batch last year and hope it turns out half as well as that !

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  7. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    Those that have been named Shubunkin, is one of those top centre right in the pic through the window? That's too big for a Shubunkin, I think it's a butterfly koi.
    34,000L, 2xSpindrifters, Aqua Sieve2, Nexus300, 24in K1/bead, Momotaro Bakki, 17kwThermotec Inverter

  9. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    5,151
    Thanks / Likes
    11707
    Quote Originally Posted by MalNorwich View Post
    Those that have been named Shubunkin, is one of those top centre right in the pic through the window? That's too big for a Shubunkin, I think it's a butterfly koi.
    Hi Mal,

    Almost certainly a Shubunkin mate.

    I could even tell you there is a small amount of Oranda in the bloodline, and it looks likely to be male.

    I've grown them over a foot before (without properly trying), so they are capable of putting on size, just most of the time they are small due to being starved as every piece of advice surrounding goldfish will tell you to feed sparingly. The reality is their eating habits are not dissimilar to Koi and given the chance they will grow.
    Last edited by RS2OOO; 29-06-2022 at 09:46 AM.

  10. Thanks Ajm, Maddog1, MalNorwich Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    9,914
    Thanks / Likes
    19155
    I've had a couple big shubs before not that big but certainly bigger than what is normally expected

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  12. Thanks RS2OOO, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Hi Mal,

    Almost certainly a Shubunkin mate.

    I could even tell you there is a small amount of Oranda in the bloodline, and it looks likely to be male.

    I've grown them over a foot before (without properly trying), so they are capable of putting on size, just most of the time they are small due to being starved as every piece of advice surrounding goldfish will tell you to feed sparingly. The reality is their eating habits are not dissimilar to Koi and given the chance they will grow.
    Well you learn something new all the time!
    34,000L, 2xSpindrifters, Aqua Sieve2, Nexus300, 24in K1/bead, Momotaro Bakki, 17kwThermotec Inverter

  14. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:18 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.