Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ruffers22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Posts
    319
    Thanks / Likes
    321

    Wink Already Planning New Pond ??

    Happy New Year All !

    Question....How long (or short) was the time between completing your first koi pond and starting to plan your next? and is it wrong ?

    I've already got the itch to start planning my next pond, to my wife's , much shaking of head and grumbling ' You've not finished this one yet '???


    EZ-pond 1200i Semi-Raised Pond, Spin-drifter BD, Oase Aquaskim, Oase Proficlear Compact Gravity, 1x Bermuda 10,000, 1x Evo-Aqua 20,000 Vari Wi-fi Pumps, 2x Evo-Aqua 70L Air Pumps , Evo-Aqua 55w UV, Aqua-Sieve Midi, 3 Tier Fabricated Stainless Shower, Hydro-Pro Z7 Heat Pump, 48" Big Blue De-chlorinator, Profi Auto Feeder & Seneye Pond Pack.
    "That'll do pig. That'll do"

  2. Thanks Ajm, samp09, davethefish1, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,764
    Thanks / Likes
    17422
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    Happy New Year All !

    Question....How long (or short) was the time between completing your first koi pond and starting to plan your next? and is it wrong ?

    I've already got the itch to start planning my next pond, to my wife's , much shaking of head and grumbling ' You've not finished this one yet '???
    About 2 days after I started the brick work and found this site lol . Still hate it a couple years later but qm stuck with it so just make the best I can now . Filters ect

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  4. Thanks Ruffers22, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ruffers22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Posts
    319
    Thanks / Likes
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    About 2 days after I started the brick work and found this site lol . Still hate it a couple years later but qm stuck with it so just make the best I can now . Filters ect

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

    I've got the itch again already after watching and following Franks pond on The Koi Channel https ://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbEmdOcHpvz4mOVPbIYSflg

    I just love how clean and neat his pond and garden are and how he keeps it like that, plus his water and koi look top notch. its a real credit to him.

    Not sure if he's on here or not?

    I think I made the classic mistake of not going big enough first time and trying to shoe horn the pond and filters into to small an area

    I suppose there's nothing wrong in planning ? 'It doesn't cost much to dream and put it on paper'? Not a bad quote for this hobby , even if I say so myself
    EZ-pond 1200i Semi-Raised Pond, Spin-drifter BD, Oase Aquaskim, Oase Proficlear Compact Gravity, 1x Bermuda 10,000, 1x Evo-Aqua 20,000 Vari Wi-fi Pumps, 2x Evo-Aqua 70L Air Pumps , Evo-Aqua 55w UV, Aqua-Sieve Midi, 3 Tier Fabricated Stainless Shower, Hydro-Pro Z7 Heat Pump, 48" Big Blue De-chlorinator, Profi Auto Feeder & Seneye Pond Pack.
    "That'll do pig. That'll do"

  6. Thanks Ajm, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,154
    Thanks / Likes
    4328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    I've got the itch again already after watching and following Franks pond on The Koi Channel https ://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbEmdOcHpvz4mOVPbIYSflg

    I just love how clean and neat his pond and garden are and how he keeps it like that, plus his water and koi look top notch. its a real credit to him.

    Not sure if he's on here or not?

    I think I made the classic mistake of not going big enough first time and trying to shoe horn the pond and filters into to small an area

    I suppose there's nothing wrong in planning ? 'It doesn't cost much to dream and put it on paper'? Not a bad quote for this hobby , even if I say so myself
    It is a great pond that. Go as big as you can with the best filtration you can afford, I went for the roto gravity shower for my filter which has great bio but crap mechanical and so had to change it a year later. I haven't even finished it yet and I am thinking about if there is a single % of a chance that I could get a grow on/hospital tank anywhere, I have already had a firm NO from the missus but I still feel like I could maybe make something happen. god knows why, it costs too much as it is!

  8. Thanks Ruffers22, Ajm, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks / Likes
    6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    Happy New Year All !

    Question....How long (or short) was the time between completing your first koi pond and starting to plan your next? and is it wrong ?

    I've already got the itch to start planning my next pond, to my wife's , much shaking of head and grumbling ' You've not finished this one yet '???
    about 2 weeks after completing my first pond...
    and no, not wrong...still planning changes now...

    Completed MkII pond from 1000 gallons to 2500 gallons exactly 2 years later.
    i had tough opposition from my missus too.
    required me to fit a complete new kitchen and bathroom first...
    but had no opposition after that.... even when the budget went completely out of the window...
    Last edited by davethefish1; 10-01-2022 at 01:05 PM.

  10. Thanks samp09, Ruffers22, Ajm, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ruffers22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Posts
    319
    Thanks / Likes
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    about 2 weeks after completing my first pond...
    and no, not wrong...still planning changes now...

    Completed MkII pond from 1000 gallons to 2500 gallons exactly 2 years later.
    i had tough opposition from my missus too.
    required me to fit a complete new kitchen and bathroom first...
    but had no opposition after that.... even when the budget went completely out of the window...

    What were your main reasons for the upgrade Dave? I presume volume was the primary reason?
    EZ-pond 1200i Semi-Raised Pond, Spin-drifter BD, Oase Aquaskim, Oase Proficlear Compact Gravity, 1x Bermuda 10,000, 1x Evo-Aqua 20,000 Vari Wi-fi Pumps, 2x Evo-Aqua 70L Air Pumps , Evo-Aqua 55w UV, Aqua-Sieve Midi, 3 Tier Fabricated Stainless Shower, Hydro-Pro Z7 Heat Pump, 48" Big Blue De-chlorinator, Profi Auto Feeder & Seneye Pond Pack.
    "That'll do pig. That'll do"

  12. Thanks davethefish1, samp09, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    4,640
    Thanks / Likes
    10603
    Increased volume on mine exactly a year after first building.

    Would still like to rebuild bigger and better, and next time I'll incorporate a skimmer into the design.

  14. Thanks Ajm, Ruffers22, davethefish1, samp09, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks / Likes
    6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    What were your main reasons for the upgrade Dave? I presume volume was the primary reason?
    yes volume,
    i never had any issue with nitrogen parameters ammonia and nitrite were always zero and nitrate was around 10 -15ppm.
    though the small volume with a high surface to volume ratio, suffered from ph and temperature swings that larger ponds do not....

    the other biggest issues i had were maintenance, with an inground pond, difficult getting the water out and not having the room to fit a drum.
    plus kneeling down in the mud cleaning brushes was a nightmare in the winter

    the other issue i had mobility, kneeling down all the time isn't an issue when you are a young whipper snapper
    but i've spent 35 years crawling around on my hands and knees at floor level on building sites, fitting pipework and radiators and my knees are shot...
    so due to the ground sloping having the pond at waist height one end, and sitting height the other is ideal....

    i also thought it would cost a lot more especially heating wise,
    but due to going overboard with the insulation, its working out cheaper which is crazy...
    been over a month now and the heater has not been 'on' currently at 12C...
    Last edited by davethefish1; 10-01-2022 at 05:48 PM.

  16. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, samp09, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #9
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Jussai NickK-UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks / Likes
    1373
    Inherited the 1500l pond with the house.. this .. well it's as big as it could realistically be.. ~13-14000l but at 1.84m deep it's shoe horned in.
    1700 litres on 50 watts
    Eco Pond 2.0: 13,000 litres, 58W airlifts, 1300l anoxic, Solum 16. No pump.

  18. Thanks RS2OOO, davethefish1, samp09, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,764
    Thanks / Likes
    17422
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    yes volume,
    i never had any issue with nitrogen parameters ammonia and nitrite were always zero and nitrate was around 10 -15ppm.
    though the small volume with a high surface to volume ratio, suffered from ph and temperature swings that larger ponds do not....

    the other biggest issues i had were maintenance, with an inground pond, difficult getting the water out and not having the room to fit a drum.
    plus kneeling down in the mud cleaning brushes was a nightmare in the winter
    the other issue i had mobility, kneeling down all the time isn't an issue when you are a young whipper snapper
    but i've spent 35 years crawling around on my hands and knees at floor level on building sites, fitting pipework and radiators and my knees are shot...
    so due to the ground sloping having the pond at waist height one end, and sitting height the other is ideal....

    i also thought it would cost a lot more especially heating wise,
    but due to going overboard with the insulation, its working out cheaper which is crazy...
    been over a month now and the heater has not been 'on' currently at 12C...
    Show off lol hahaha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  20. Thanks davethefish1, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks / Likes
    6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Show off lol hahaha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    showing off.... crawling about with the knees of a 90 year old?

  22. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,764
    Thanks / Likes
    17422
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    showing off.... crawling about with the knees of a 90 year old?
    Hahaha lol and all the free heat lol


    The heat will help ya knees lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  24. Thanks davethefish1, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #13
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks / Likes
    6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Hahaha lol and all the free heat lol


    The heat will help ya knees lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Maybe there used to be a hot spring roman spa here lol!

    ...leamington isn't that far away....
    Last edited by davethefish1; 10-01-2022 at 08:35 PM.

  26. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks / Likes
    4536
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    yes volume,
    i never had any issue with nitrogen parameters ammonia and nitrite were always zero and nitrate was around 10 -15ppm.
    though the small volume with a high surface to volume ratio, suffered from ph and temperature swings that larger ponds do not....

    the other biggest issues i had were maintenance, with an inground pond, difficult getting the water out and not having the room to fit a drum.
    plus kneeling down in the mud cleaning brushes was a nightmare in the winter

    the other issue i had mobility, kneeling down all the time isn't an issue when you are a young whipper snapper
    but i've spent 35 years crawling around on my hands and knees at floor level on building sites, fitting pipework and radiators and my knees are shot...
    so due to the ground sloping having the pond at waist height one end, and sitting height the other is ideal....

    i also thought it would cost a lot more especially heating wise,
    but due to going overboard with the insulation, its working out cheaper which is crazy...
    been over a month now and the heater has not been 'on' currently at 12C...
    you need to crank up the pond temp Dave to 18c /19c and then monitor the heat loss to truely see how well your insulation is working just think your poor little fishes swiming around in a bright sparkly new pond but shivering......look into the ASHP inverter models, very pleased with mine and low running costs for sure, the pump is located very close to the house and neighbours houses, on the smart setting it only runs the fan at a speed thats suitable for the ambient air temp, at night when its 2c or below it comes on and runs at full tilt for a while but with windows and door shut you really cannot hear it, at 5c plus during the day it does not run so quick and you cannot really hear the pump, it operates surprisingly quiet, in the warmer months the fan speed will be nominal as will the noise levels, also the fence either side deflects some noise, you can set the pump to only work at certain times like 2am when most are in bed asleep.....
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  28. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ruffers22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Posts
    319
    Thanks / Likes
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    yes volume,
    i never had any issue with nitrogen parameters ammonia and nitrite were always zero and nitrate was around 10 -15ppm.
    though the small volume with a high surface to volume ratio, suffered from ph and temperature swings that larger ponds do not....

    the other biggest issues i had were maintenance, with an inground pond, difficult getting the water out and not having the room to fit a drum.
    plus kneeling down in the mud cleaning brushes was a nightmare in the winter

    the other issue i had mobility, kneeling down all the time isn't an issue when you are a young whipper snapper
    but i've spent 35 years crawling around on my hands and knees at floor level on building sites, fitting pipework and radiators and my knees are shot...
    so due to the ground sloping having the pond at waist height one end, and sitting height the other is ideal....

    i also thought it would cost a lot more especially heating wise,
    but due to going overboard with the insulation, its working out cheaper which is crazy...
    been over a month now and the heater has not been 'on' currently at 12C...

    Although my pond is mainly above ground, I'm having the similar issues especially with temperature swings even on a 7kw heat pump?

    I have been reducing the temp over the last month to a still comfortably warm 17 degrees, but I'm still getting a 1 degree swing everyday and sometimes after a couple of freezing days/nights the differential can get to 2 degrees even with 32mm of polycarb covers.

    I'm starting to think the my 1200 gallon EZpond is just a bit to small for this game?

    Its really going to be a hard sell to Mrs R after what I've spent over the last 18 months or so to get where we are now.

    I'll just have to manage for a couple more years.

    I suppose on the bright side unlike a block built pond, being an EZpond I will be able to remove it clean it up a sell it and re-coup some money?

    Yet another lesson learnt
    EZ-pond 1200i Semi-Raised Pond, Spin-drifter BD, Oase Aquaskim, Oase Proficlear Compact Gravity, 1x Bermuda 10,000, 1x Evo-Aqua 20,000 Vari Wi-fi Pumps, 2x Evo-Aqua 70L Air Pumps , Evo-Aqua 55w UV, Aqua-Sieve Midi, 3 Tier Fabricated Stainless Shower, Hydro-Pro Z7 Heat Pump, 48" Big Blue De-chlorinator, Profi Auto Feeder & Seneye Pond Pack.
    "That'll do pig. That'll do"

  30. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks / Likes
    4536
    Hi Ruffers,
    I am 3 years down the line this June and are also thinking about what i would do if i could rebuild as a few factors frustrate me with the current set up,


    • the shape, would prefer some curves.
    • would also slope the base more to help guide debris to BD
    • would have filter housing slightly lower as around 10mm too high and as such have to have pond water level very high to counter act else media slightly out of the water
    • would have decent cellotex in base and walls
    • would be bigger to say 3500 / 4000 gallons but shallower
    • would have a drum with transparent waste chute so i can see whats going down the drain
    • would have more media and possibly K1 as opposed jap matting or combination of both
    • would have all filtration in a shed and have shower over top of the bio
    • would have a water blade
    • would have the ASHP located out of eye sight
    • would have a different roof to allow a bit more light - something i might change to current
    • would be located away from the house
    • I would only buy Nisai + and would buy less but spend more per fish for better quality.


    cannot do any of the above unless we move which i cannot see happening anytime soon so it is what it is i am thankful for what i have dont get me wrong but space is so tight its frusrating especially as neighbours pipework seem to criss cross under my garden which really pee's me off hence why it is located where it is..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smartin; 11-01-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  32. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ruffers22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Posts
    319
    Thanks / Likes
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    Hi Ruffers,
    I am 3 years down the line this June and are also thinking about what i would do if i could rebuild as a few factors frustrate me with the current set up,


    • the shape, would prefer some curves.
    • would also slope the base more to help guide debris to BD
    • would have filter housing slightly lower as around 10mm too high and as such have to have pond water level very high to counter act else media slightly out of the water
    • would have decent cellotex in base and walls
    • would be bigger to say 3500 / 4000 gallons but shallower
    • would have a drum with transparent waste chute so i can see whats going down the drain
    • would have more media and possibly K1 as opposed jap matting or combination of both
    • would have all filtration in a shed and have shower over top of the bio
    • would have a water blade
    • would have the ASHP located out of eye sight
    • would have a different roof to allow a bit more light - something i might change to current
    • would be located away from the house
    • I would only buy Nisai + and would buy less but spend more per fish for better quality.


    cannot do any of the above unless we move which i cannot see happening anytime soon so it is what it is i am thankful for what i have dont get me wrong but space is so tight its frusrating especially as neighbours pipework seem to criss cross under my garden which really pee's me off hence why it is located where it is..

    Lovely neat looking pond mate. Credit to you.

    Seems like most small pond owners have very similar and common issues.

    One question is your garden south facing 'ish ?

    Another issue I have is being north facing and in probably one of the wettest places in the country. I'm in a constant battle trying to keep stuff looking clean. Everything in our garden including the patio and pond seems to stay damp and turn green from October through to April-May.

    My nice oak cladding maybe wasn't such a great idea. It was supposed to age and turn a nice silver colour over time.
    At the moment the oak covers over my filters are a horrible wet slimy black mess
    EZ-pond 1200i Semi-Raised Pond, Spin-drifter BD, Oase Aquaskim, Oase Proficlear Compact Gravity, 1x Bermuda 10,000, 1x Evo-Aqua 20,000 Vari Wi-fi Pumps, 2x Evo-Aqua 70L Air Pumps , Evo-Aqua 55w UV, Aqua-Sieve Midi, 3 Tier Fabricated Stainless Shower, Hydro-Pro Z7 Heat Pump, 48" Big Blue De-chlorinator, Profi Auto Feeder & Seneye Pond Pack.
    "That'll do pig. That'll do"

  34. Thanks smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks / Likes
    4536
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    Lovely neat looking pond mate. Credit to you.

    Seems like most small pond owners have very similar and common issues.

    One question is your garden south facing 'ish ?

    Another issue I have is being north facing and in probably one of the wettest places in the country. I'm in a constant battle trying to keep stuff looking clean. Everything in our garden including the patio and pond seems to stay damp and turn green from October through to April-May.

    My nice oak cladding maybe wasn't such a great idea. It was supposed to age and turn a nice silver colour over time.
    At the moment the oak covers over my filters are a horrible wet slimy black mess

    Hi Ruffers, thanks

    no North facing like you mate.....
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  36. Thanks Ruffers22 Thanked / Liked this Post
  37. #19
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks / Likes
    6446
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    you need to crank up the pond temp Dave to 18c /19c and then monitor the heat loss to truely see how well your insulation is working just think your poor little fishes swiming around in a bright sparkly new pond but shivering......look into the ASHP inverter models, very pleased with mine and low running costs for sure, the pump is located very close to the house and neighbours houses, on the smart setting it only runs the fan at a speed thats suitable for the ambient air temp, at night when its 2c or below it comes on and runs at full tilt for a while but with windows and door shut you really cannot hear it, at 5c plus during the day it does not run so quick and you cannot really hear the pump, it operates surprisingly quiet, in the warmer months the fan speed will be nominal as will the noise levels, also the fence either side deflects some noise, you can set the pump to only work at certain times like 2am when most are in bed asleep.....
    probably have to sort something later on this year when i come off my cheap tariff....
    but i don't really have a place for an ASHP...unless i put it on the roof of the pergola....

    plus my pond seems to have some kind of geo thermal ground source heating as it's holding temp @12C-13C without any heat on....

    but i won't be heating to 18C with older fish,
    i've already decided to keep it around 11C for now, as i'll be lifting it up to 14C ready for when my new fish come out of QT.
    then slowly dropping it back down to 10C-11C until spring...

  38. Thanks Ajm, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  39. #20
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks / Likes
    4536
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffers22 View Post
    Although my pond is mainly above ground, I'm having the similar issues especially with temperature swings even on a 7kw heat pump?

    I have been reducing the temp over the last month to a still comfortably warm 17 degrees, but I'm still getting a 1 degree swing everyday and sometimes after a couple of freezing days/nights the differential can get to 2 degrees even with 32mm of polycarb covers.

    I'm starting to think the my 1200 gallon EZpond is just a bit to small for this game?

    Its really going to be a hard sell to Mrs R after what I've spent over the last 18 months or so to get where we are now.

    I'll just have to manage for a couple more years.

    I suppose on the bright side unlike a block built pond, being an EZpond I will be able to remove it clean it up a sell it and re-coup some money?

    Yet another lesson learnt
    Hi Ruffers,
    I am block built and have a 10.5kw heat pump set at 17c - 18c and also lose around a degree every 12 hours when its cold say below 5c and around a degree every 24 hours when its 8c+ and longer when its warmer..... would agree 1200 gallon is a bit tight for this game but you do not have many fish so your good on that aspect and you have a good set up in place, I paint my render every year sometimes twice and the pagola roof helps to protect the wooden frame, trouble is being North facing when its cold the wind is usually blowing from that quadrant straight into the front of the pond and reflects off the house to the back of the pond so cold Northerly winds are really not good for me.
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:50 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.