Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Jebao TSP -S

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333

    Jebao TSP -S

    Is anyone running the new Jebao 22000 TSP -S or something similar in the jebao range, if so could you let me know what wattage your display says at 30% please thanks in advance Steve.


    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Mike Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    599
    Thanks / Likes
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    Is anyone running the new Jebao 22000 TSP -S or something similar in the jebao range, if so could you let me know what wattage your display says at 30% please thanks in advance Steve.
    80watts @. 30% on my 22,000 sine wave Aqua Eco Vario
    Last edited by Mike Bass; 24-11-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    1kGal BD/Skim RDF/UV/k1 2.3kGal 2windows 2airBD/skim Sieve/Eazypod RDFcombi 3xVP/UV,ASHP

  3. Thanks smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bass View Post
    80watts @. 30% on my 22,000 sine wave Aqua Eco Vario
    Hi Mike,
    thanks for the reply, yes exactly the same as my 3 new ones..... seems very high wattage compared to other vario models ? i am suspecting either our displays are wrong or the others are not sure which way round, going by another post by Sam it seems most displays are completely unreliable ?? who knows!
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    Hi Mike,
    thanks for the reply, yes exactly the same as my 3 new ones..... seems very high wattage compared to other vario models ? i am suspecting either our displays are wrong or the others are not sure which way round, going by another post by Sam it seems most displays are completely unreliable ?? who knows!
    when i get chance i'll stick my energy monitor on the AF 20,000 and see how many watts it's actually using compared to the display.

  6. Thanks Mike Bass, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    just been and swapped the energy monitor over on the 20,000
    and its running at 85w on the 20,000's display, and 87.5w on the energy monitor.
    so not much difference...

  8. Thanks Mike Bass, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    just been and swapped the energy monitor over on the 20,000
    and its running at 85w on the 20,000's display, and 87.5w on the energy monitor.
    so not much difference...
    thanks Dave, would be good if you could do the same at 30% to check the 29w thanks for your help
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  10. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    The fact that my pumps and Mikes pump are all showing 80w at 30% tells me that the display / running of the pumps are all pre set no matter what volume you run it at which is bonkers as all ponds are different regarding pipework lengths, diameters, bends, pressure etc etc so how can they be the same ?? not possible surely or can it be ? i have spoken to the company i purchased them from today and awaiting a call back, we did discuss this but he is just saying if 22k is 200w then 11k would be 100w or 5500k would be 50w etc i disagreed with this as how can 6600k be 80w? but i am no expert just cannot see how you can preset running rates on vario pumps, maybe they all do this?
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  12. Thanks Mike Bass Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Coastal Koi website says for the pump Mike has says 30% at 80w with approx flow rate of 12000litres but at 100% at 200w is 22000 litres looks identical to the jebao 22000 s - all nonsense....

    Aqua Eco 22,000SW Specifications

    22,000ltrs
    Varibale speed
    Max Head 7.5 mtrs at Zero Head
    Max Flow 22,000ltrs
    Watts 80-200 aprox

    Min pump flow setting is 30% Max 100%

    Wattage at 30% = aprox 80 watts & Flow Rate Approx 12000 ltrs
    Wattage at 100% = aprox 200 watts & Flow Rate Approx 22,000ltrs
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  14. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    i'm struggling to see the correleation between pump percentage and watts used mate?
    is the 80w lowest setting too high for your needs?

    all that matters is how many actual measured lph you set it to,
    and how many watts it uses so you know roughly how much that will cost.

    if you want to know exactly how many lph, you can get flow meters but they're not cheap £375 to £475

    https://www.absolute-koi.com/digi-flow-water-meters-1435/


    or slap one of these on to measure the wattage

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  15. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    i'm struggling to see the correleation between pump percentage and watts used mate?
    is the 80w lowest setting too high for your needs?

    all that matters is how many actual measured lph you set it to,
    and how many watts it uses so you know roughly how much that will cost.

    if you want to know exactly how many lph, you can get flow meters but they're not cheap £375 to £475

    https://www.absolute-koi.com/digi-flow-water-meters-1435/


    or slap one of these on to measure the wattage

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    No mate - i have been trying to explain that my 20k aqua forte vario like yours was at 30%/6000 lph only using 29 watts but these new ones i have just fitted are using 80w for 6600 lph, i brought these with the expectation i could run a bigger pump at lower speed without using so much energy as a smaller pump running faster.... hence why i brought 3, dissapointed that its nigh on 50watts more for only 600 litres more flow at 30% minimum setting, so clearly even though they may all be made at the same factory there is a difference in economy and perfomance....
    Last edited by smartin; 24-11-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  16. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    No mate - i have been trying to explain that my 20k aqua forte vario like yours was at 30%/6000 lph only using 29 watts but these new ones i have just fitted are using 80w for 6600 lph, i brought these with the expectation i could run a bigger pump at lower speed without using so much energy as a smaller pump running faster.... hence why i brought 3, dissapointed that its nigh on 50watts more for only 600 litres more flow at 30% minimum setting, so clearly even though they may all be made at the same factory there is a difference in economy and perfomance....
    i think i see...
    i doubt the difference is 29w 6000lph vs 80w 6600 lph
    they are probably about the same output in lph at at 80w...

    and i'd imagine the aquaforte 20,000 at 29w will output a lot less than 6000 lph....

  18. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    thanks Dave, would be good if you could do the same at 30% to check the 29w thanks for your help
    just tested it this morning mate,
    AF 20,000 at 30% display at 29w, energy monitor at 33.6w
    Last edited by davethefish1; 25-11-2021 at 10:47 AM.

  19. Thanks RS2OOO, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #13
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    just tested it this morning mate,
    AF 20,000 at 30% display at 29w, energy monitor at 33.6w
    thanks Dave, appreciated....
    so the AF pumps are pretty reliable on there display information, i am going to get a plug in energy monitor to see exactly what wattage these pumps are pulling at 30% thanks Steve
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  21. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    4,578
    Thanks / Likes
    10451
    Some figures for comparison on my TSP 20000

    These are the figures shown on the display and I've not verified them with a meter, but if I restrict flow with my hand the wattage does increase.

    30% = 24 watts
    50% = 54 watts
    75% = 115 watts
    100% = 193 watts

    As you can clearly see, the figures are far from proportional as you increase the flow.

  23. Thanks smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Some figures for comparison on my TSP 20000

    These are the figures shown on the display and I've not verified them with a meter, but if I restrict flow with my hand the wattage does increase.

    30% = 24 watts
    50% = 54 watts
    75% = 115 watts
    100% = 193 watts

    As you can clearly see, the figures are far from proportional as you increase the flow.
    Hi Steve,
    thanks for your figures.... yes they are as expected at 30% / 24 watts as you can see a lot better than 80 watts for 600 litres more i am getting a plug in meter that Dave uses to measure it just to double check this is correct, top end values seem similar but bottom end values 30% to 60% seem to use way more power..
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  25. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Simon Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    354
    Thanks / Likes
    477
    At the start of lockdown I ordered the 20000 with the spec of 34 watts 4500lt flow.
    It ended up not being available and after a long wait I got supplied the 22k.
    Equally disappointed with the minimum 80 watt, the hope was to wind it right down over winter
    As others have suggested, I think the flow is 12000 at minimum, if so that's ok. Just not what I planned.
    I have since added a 10k that drop to 30 watts so I can reduce flow and cost over the cold months.

  26. Thanks RS2OOO, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks / Likes
    5625
    i think all the 'S' sinewave versions run at a higher minimum starting wattage and 30% is just an arbitrary figure within the inverter software.
    for instance my AF 30,000 'S' minimum speed is 124w or about 40% of output yet the display says 30%.

    it's not giving 30% of power at 40% wattage
    it is giving 40% of power at 40% wattage.

    plus a pump needs a certain jolt of current or torque to start the impellor spinning.
    i think because the sinewave versions are more energy efficient,
    using less current for the same lph they probably need a higher starting current to give you the torque to guarantee start the impellor spinning.

  28. Thanks RS2OOO, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Fish View Post
    At the start of lockdown I ordered the 20000 with the spec of 34 watts 4500lt flow.
    It ended up not being available and after a long wait I got supplied the 22k.
    Equally disappointed with the minimum 80 watt, the hope was to wind it right down over winter
    As others have suggested, I think the flow is 12000 at minimum, if so that's ok. Just not what I planned.
    I have since added a 10k that drop to 30 watts so I can reduce flow and cost over the cold months.
    Hi Simon,
    yes i am have the same thoughts, it was my idea too to run 3 pumps slightly lower during the winter but still being able to supply a reasonable flow, i have not actually used a plug in device yet as waiting for it to arrive however if true and using an online energy calculator comparing to my 20k aqua Fortes versus these new pumps will be costing £16 a month to run each at 30% flow or 80 watts however you want to look at it, the Aqua Forte is over half of this cost so i could basically run 3 Aqua fortes for the same price as 2 of these pumps..... come summer when i want to ramp up it will probably be a bit more in line but at the lowest running speeds they appear energy hungry by comparison.... i think i will be doing the same and putting a 10k in and removing one of the 22k..
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  30. #19
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Mike Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    599
    Thanks / Likes
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    Hi Simon,
    yes i am have the same thoughts, it was my idea too to run 3 pumps slightly lower during the winter but still being able to supply a reasonable flow, i have not actually used a plug in device yet as waiting for it to arrive however if true and using an online energy calculator comparing to my 20k aqua Fortes versus these new pumps will be costing £16 a month to run each at 30% flow or 80 watts however you want to look at it, the Aqua Forte is over half of this cost so i could basically run 3 Aqua fortes for the same price as 2 of these pumps..... come summer when i want to ramp up it will probably be a bit more in line but at the lowest running speeds they appear energy hungry by comparison.... i think i will be doing the same and putting a 10k back in and removing one of the 22k..
    I too am currently using my 30,000 @50%(x2 BDs to drum & bio) 22,00 @40% ( skimmer to sieve & Eazypod) & 30,000 switched off awaiting bakki shower construction inside pump room
    1kGal BD/Skim RDF/UV/k1 2.3kGal 2windows 2airBD/skim Sieve/Eazypod RDFcombi 3xVP/UV,ASHP

  31. Thanks smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #20
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks / Likes
    4333
    Hi Mike,
    Bakki shower went in this week and currently ticking over with a 22k at 30%/6600lph on its own, cannot see the point of pushing too much water over it this time of year at 13c / 14c...the other 22k is feeding the ASHP and a return, both pulling around 13k lph via the BD and through drum and bio, the other 22k is installed but not running as the pond set up has a return at the opposite end of the filter box so when i turn the pump on its conflickting with the other 2 pumps so basically this pump is pulling and returning a lot of water back to the pond via a return and so dropping the filter box level too low exposing too much jap matting and its a nightmare trying to get the levels correct, i cannot get anymore water into the pond and filter box, i had the overflow height increased today and now the skimmer is not working properly because the levels are higher than the skimmer slit so will need to cut that out tomorrow, spent this afternoon making an insulated box for the shower out of 50mm celotex, not the easiest with covers and pipework in the way...
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.