Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Koi in Spain

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Big nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Poole, doset
    Posts
    519
    Thanks / Likes
    926

    Koi in Spain

    My house is on the market and a couple who have been living in Spain for 16years viewed it today. He had koi in Spain and tells me they are now illegal in Spain and classed as predators, I googled it and yes he's right,,,,, the world is going nuts

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    My house is on the market and a couple who have been living in Spain for 16years viewed it today. He had koi in Spain and tells me they are now illegal in Spain and classed as predators, I googled it and yes he's right,,,,, the world is going nuts

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    There go's my retirement plan out the window. That's crazy that like. Used to be classed as dinner once over

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    There go's my retirement plan out the window. That's crazy that like. Used to be classed as dinner once over

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Can't have a pond I anit going simple lol so what's the deal for all the carp lakes in Spain ment to be some decent waters over there

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  5. #4
    Member Rank = Nisai JoaoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    43
    Thanks / Likes
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    There go's my retirement plan out the window. That's crazy that like. Used to be classed as dinner once over

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Come to Portugal !

  6. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoM View Post
    Come to Portugal !
    Deal

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  8. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Big nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Poole, doset
    Posts
    519
    Thanks / Likes
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Deal

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I'll come to Koi in SpainKoi in SpainKoi in Spain

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    I'll come to Koi in SpainKoi in SpainKoi in Spain

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    Sell the fry and job done lol . How's the ribs

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  11. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Big nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Poole, doset
    Posts
    519
    Thanks / Likes
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Sell the fry and job done lol . How's the ribs

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Good now thanks mate but made me and wifey sit and think about the future that's why house up for sale, thinking about a small caravan place in forest of dean. Or we can go to Portugal, with your tree skills and my building biggest koi farm in Europe lol this time next year we'll be millionaires Koi in SpainKoi in SpainKoi in Spain

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    My house is on the market and a couple who have been living in Spain for 16years viewed it today. He had koi in Spain and tells me they are now illegal in Spain and classed as predators, I googled it and yes he's right,,,,, the world is going nuts

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    that's bananas....
    the Ebro is chock full of carp and catfish...
    and carp breed like wildfire in those temps....

  14. Thanks Ajm, Kevriley Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    Good now thanks mate but made me and wifey sit and think about the future that's why house up for sale, thinking about a small caravan place in forest of dean. Or we can go to Portugal, with your tree skills and my building biggest koi farm in Europe lol this time next year we'll be millionaires Koi in SpainKoi in SpainKoi in Spain

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    Haha good luck for the future mate in what ever you chose funny how things can turn thought and lives around

    I'll get the chain nice and sharp mate ready Koi in Spain I'll be waiting for the call lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  16. Thanks Big nige Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Jampot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Chorley. Lancs
    Posts
    251
    Thanks / Likes
    305
    Not predators but an 'invasive species' and listed as such since 2016.

    Jim
    I don't keep fish, I keep water. I don't keep fish, I keep water. I don't keep fish I kee........

  18. #12
    Member Rank = Nisai JoaoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    43
    Thanks / Likes
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    Good now thanks mate but made me and wifey sit and think about the future that's why house up for sale, thinking about a small caravan place in forest of dean. Or we can go to Portugal, with your tree skills and my building biggest koi farm in Europe lol this time next year we'll be millionaires Koi in SpainKoi in SpainKoi in Spain

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    Youre more than welcome !
    Plenty of room for all koi lovers here.

    And a good weather to help - today were having lots of sun and 29 C. .
    Last edited by JoaoM; 18-09-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo on the temp

  19. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #13
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Nisai AntB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    76
    Thanks / Likes
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    that's bananas....
    the Ebro is chock full of carp and catfish...
    and carp breed like wildfire in those temps....
    This is part of the reason that invasive species are banned. A German scientist introduced 17 / 18 catfish to the Ebro system in the 1970's and they bred incredible quickly up to the unofficial record weight of 254lb. The carp in the system came from escaped and released unused livebaits in the pursuit of said catfish.

    My PB catfish is 196lb and the wife's is 187lb. I don't go any longer as the rules were getting ridiculous.

  21. Thanks davethefish1, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Kyusai Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Greater Manchester/Iraq and Mozambique
    Posts
    907
    Thanks / Likes
    1497
    Hmmm the same carp are an invasive species here too, but we kind of got used to them
    9000 ltr, FG, BD, Nexus 220, Draco drop in, Remora i9 ASHP, Econbead 50, Roto Innovations shower

  23. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks / Likes
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by AntB View Post
    This is part of the reason that invasive species are banned. A German scientist introduced 17 / 18 catfish to the Ebro system in the 1970's and they bred incredible quickly up to the unofficial record weight of 254lb. The carp in the system came from escaped and released unused livebaits in the pursuit of said catfish.

    My PB catfish is 196lb and the wife's is 187lb. I don't go any longer as the rules were getting ridiculous.
    bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted....
    in the same state with grey squirrels, zander ect.... over here...

    nothing any government does,
    short of creating a genetically engineered plague that targets the species will remove them...
    with probably unforseeable disasterous side effects... corona bat plague...

  25. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.