Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Naoki Atsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    237
    Thanks / Likes
    192

    KOI season clearance sale??

    Are you in the middle of a clearance sale in the UK at the moment?
    For example, these two places. They've been actively posting them recently.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFK...tMvVhaQ/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVK...2isTQBg/videos

    Some of them look promising, don't they?
    If the prices have really come down to be more affordable than before, then it's something to consider???



  2. Thanks hippo Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Kyusai Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Greater Manchester/Iraq and Mozambique
    Posts
    907
    Thanks / Likes
    1497
    Yes, Naoki, re Queni Koi, there are a few bargains to be had, koi with shimmies etc for example. Also general reductions and Autumn auctions. You can also pay by pay pal in 3 monthly instalments. Its totally baffling to me, how only one dealer in the whole country has any idea how to market and sell koi properly and not rely on 'social media' (whatever that is). Updated website, quality pictures, and he seems to have the best selection of quality koi too. Most dealers fall at hurdle number 1, updating their websites .

    Edit. He just needs to reduce the stunning fat 62 cm Bepu Sanke he has up at 1995 :-)
    Last edited by Spongebob; 17-09-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    9000 ltr, FG, BD, Nexus 220, Draco drop in, Remora i9 ASHP, Econbead 50, Roto Innovations shower

  4. Thanks samp09, Ajm, Dom G20, Díster Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3814
    Gatwick koi seem to be reducing some fish on facebook etc too, there has been some nice matsue Kohaku reduced recently for very good prices that sell very quickly and queni do the winter event as well.

    Not sure if it's the right way to look at it but I feel a bit like adding at the end of the year is a bit wasteful in the sense that if you want the fish to grow as much as possible then your buying the leftover fish that have been in the shop since spring and missed the growing season. I got an Isa Showa last year that had gone from 30cm (1 year) in March to 43cm in November in the winter event last year though so I guess I am probably just over thinking things. I will probably end up bringing home a fish from the SEKS next weekend too after saying all this I wonder if the winter even will be back in store again this year at Queni, maybe I will finally visit the shop in that case.

  6. Thanks Dom G20, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Dom G20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    151
    Thanks / Likes
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
    Yes, Naoki, re Queni Koi, there are a few bargains to be had, koi with shimmies etc for example. Also general reductions and Autumn auctions. You can also pay by pay pal in 3 monthly instalments. Its totally baffling to me, how only one dealer in the whole country has any idea how to market and sell koi properly and not rely on 'social media' (whatever that is). Updated website, quality pictures, and he seems to have the best selection of quality koi too. Most dealers fall at hurdle number 1, updating their websites .

    Edit. He just needs to reduce the stunning fat 62 cm Bepu Sanke he has up at 1995 :-)
    Agreed! Got to say Queni are my number 1 go to koi dealer for virtually everything.

    Luckily not far from me, really knowledgable, professional and the quality of koi is fantastic.

    Would have invested in some bargain koi but got the Queni koi drum on order so the Mrs banned me on anymore fish purchases until the drum is in. Fair enough!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    8,125
    Thanks / Likes
    16155
    Gaz keeps putting some stunning koi for cheap cheap prices . Think I could get in serous trouble if I when to Aurora Koi like

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  9. Thanks Dom G20, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Dom G20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    151
    Thanks / Likes
    222
    This is the thing isnít it - a trip to a dealer is always super risky. I never walk away not wanting something


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Thanks Ajm, Díster Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks / Likes
    3814
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom G20 View Post
    This is the thing isn’t it - a trip to a dealer is always super risky. I never walk away not wanting something
    Usually a fish you hadn't even considered adding to your pond before either!

  13. Thanks Ajm, Díster, Dom G20 Thanked / Liked this Post
  14. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Kyusai Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Greater Manchester/Iraq and Mozambique
    Posts
    907
    Thanks / Likes
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    Usually a fish you hadn't even considered adding to your pond before either!
    Paypal3 increases this risk considerably
    9000 ltr, FG, BD, Nexus 220, Draco drop in, Remora i9 ASHP, Econbead 50, Roto Innovations shower

  15. Thanks Ajm, Dom G20, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Naoki Atsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    237
    Thanks / Likes
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki Atsumi View Post
    Are you in the middle of a clearance sale in the UK at the moment?
    For example, these two places. They've been actively posting them recently.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFK...tMvVhaQ/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVK...2isTQBg/videos

    Some of them look promising, don't they?
    If the prices have really come down to be more affordable than before, then it's something to consider???
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVk...5vSmu5g/videos
    Isn't it possible that a large proportion of this European dealers grow their own KOIs and then sell them?

    Wouldn't it be better for the health of the KOI and for the business?



    Shouldn't the British dealers follow suit?
    Last edited by Naoki Atsumi; 27-09-2021 at 12:50 PM.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.