Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571

    South East Koi Show

    So who's going to the South East Koi show next weekend? I was not going to bother after the BKKS show but as cuttlebrook and a few other traders I would like to see are going, I think I will to sort the pipework for my drum too! Always been intrigued with cuttlebrook fish, heard some excellent things but I often wonder if the photos just don't do them justice on the site as they never seem to catch my eye so will be good to see them in the flesh.



  2. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks / Likes
    3020
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    So who's going to the South East Koi show next weekend? I was not going to bother after the BKKS show but as cuttlebrook and a few other traders I would like to see are going, I think I will to sort the pipework for my drum too! Always been intrigued with cuttlebrook fish, heard some excellent things but I often wonder if the photos just don't do them justice on the site as they never seem to catch my eye so will be good to see them in the flesh.
    Where is that one, was that the Kent one ??

  3. Thanks Gazkoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Where is that one, was that the Kent one ??
    Yes this one is in Kent

  5. Thanks Gazkoi, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #4
    Junior Member Rank = Tosai Macca66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    24
    Thanks / Likes
    23
    Yep I will be going


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Thanks Gazkoi, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    I was thinking of going, not been to a show in yearsSouth East Koi Show


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks / Likes
    3020
    Hmmmm too far for me again at the moment, too much to finish here... I hope to get to a couple next year

  11. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Hmmmm too far for me again at the moment, too much to finish here... I hope to get to a couple next year
    From where you are (East Norfolk iirc?) I guess you are pretty much slap bang in the middle of where the two shows have been this year, which sounds like a good thing but not when they are both bloody miles away! This one is an hour and a half from me on the Suffolk/Essex border traffic dependant.

  12. Thanks dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks / Likes
    3020
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    From where you are (East Norfolk iirc?) I guess you are pretty much slap bang in the middle of where the two shows have been this year, which sounds like a good thing but not when they are both bloody miles away! This one is an hour and a half from me on the Suffolk/Essex border traffic dependant.
    Yep spot on mate... 3.5 hours each way for me, albeit 7 hours driving is okay it does make it a loooooooooooooooong day

  14. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    7,953
    Thanks / Likes
    15869
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Yep spot on mate... 3.5 hours each way for me, albeit 7 hours driving is okay it does make it a loooooooooooooooong day
    Top Trump that mate 5 hours each way . No chance lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  16. Thanks dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks / Likes
    3020
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Top Trump that mate 5 hours each way . No chance lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Blimey Johnathan

  18. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    7,953
    Thanks / Likes
    15869
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Blimey Johnathan
    Love koi but not that much like lol

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Freddyboy the legend

    "we are water keepers first"

    Johnathan

  20. Thanks dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571
    That is a long old trip, I stopped about an hour in both ways for food when I went to the BKKS show which was 2.5 hours from me and that made it a little bit easier. Funny though, when I traveled in the states I had no issue with driving 7 hours to go to the next place we wanted to see, yet over here it seems like an inconvenience driving an hour for anything!

  22. Thanks Ajm, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #13
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Nisai AntB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    70
    Thanks / Likes
    46
    I'm already going to RHS Chelsea on Thursday and the Malvern autumn show on Saturday so it is the wrong weekend for me. It always seems to clash with something else I have already committed to. Also Kent is a long way from me, somewhere like Reading in the middle of the country has always seemed a better location to me.

  24. Thanks Díster Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    4,552
    Thanks / Likes
    10389
    I hope to be down there on the Saturday.

    Won't be buying anything due to impending house move so I'm hoping there's no bargains or anything I fall in love with ha ha.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

  26. Thanks Ajm, samp09, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571
    I will be going on the Saturday too, trying to just get the necessities for getting the drum in and sorted asap but may end up taking a fish home if something I fancy shows up

  28. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, dbs, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks / Likes
    3020
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    I will be going on the Saturday too, trying to just get the necessities for getting the drum in and sorted asap but may end up taking a fish home if something I fancy shows up
    Did you pick a fish up then ??

  30. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks / Likes
    3571
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Did you pick a fish up then ??
    It's this coming weekend but my crystal ball suggests I might

  32. Thanks Ajm, g mac, Díster, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #18
    Do the dealers bring the fish that have have struggled to sale? Or is there some real quality South East Koi Show


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #19
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Nisai AntB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    70
    Thanks / Likes
    46
    There will be some quality fish there from breeders such as Matsue, Taniguchi and Omosako.

    One of my favourite fish is one that didn't even sell at the show due to a bruise on it's flank (Okawa kohaku).

  35. Thanks Díster Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #20
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,877
    Thanks / Likes
    4167
    I will be going on Saturday, won't be buying any fish though which is ashame but i am nicely stocked now.... its a very good show with plenty to look at and a good excuse to eat some junk food and have a sneaky beer, i will be having a look at bakki showers and media etc if any sellers are there...
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  37. Thanks Díster, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:00 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.