Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    You will be fine with 25.5mm- my window is 2m wide visible area x 70cm high and is 25.5mm. It weighed 109 kg.
    i've contacted tuffx for a quote, and am just awaiting a pro forma to complete my purchase.
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  2. Thanks Big nige, Ajm, dbs, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #22
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Big nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Poole, doset
    Posts
    372
    Thanks / Likes
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    i've contacted tuffx for a quote, and am just awaiting a pro forma to complete my purchase.
    Window it is then lol

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks davethefish1, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #23
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nige View Post
    Window it is then lol

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk
    as Agent Smith says...
    "that is the sound of inevitability"
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  6. Thanks Big nige Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #24
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks / Likes
    2146
    I am sure you will not be disappointed, I love mine it really does add a new dimension to water keeping, good for visual inspections of the fist too especially when they feed Show me your Windows!

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks Ajm, smartin, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #25
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    I am sure you will not be disappointed, I love mine it really does add a new dimension to water keeping, good for visual inspections of the fist too especially when they feed Show me your Windows!

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    i think i just need to get a little creative regarding structural support.
    as some sleeper ponds with infinity windows seem to have great support low down in the wall with rebar,
    but limited upper re-inforcment, and end up with some twist in the pond walls.
    i want mine square and rock solid...
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  10. Thanks Ajm, smartin, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #26
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    had the proforma and paid for my window today 1500 x 650 x 25.5 should be about 60 kg...
    240 delivered...
    thought that was a good price considering the sleepers would have cost over 150...

    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  12. Thanks samp09, smartin, dbs Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #27
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Big nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Poole, doset
    Posts
    372
    Thanks / Likes
    671
    Show me your Windows!Show me your Windows!

    Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk

  14. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #28
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Twhitenosugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876
    Thanks / Likes
    1402
    Good thread Dave. Sounds like things are progressing well

    You won't regret getting a window.

    How did you get the glass so cheap? Tuffx quoted me over 500 for a window that was only 500mm longer. That's a bargain!

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    13,000L fibreglassed raised pond with window

  16. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #29
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhitenosugar View Post
    Good thread Dave. Sounds like things are progressing well

    You won't regret getting a window.

    How did you get the glass so cheap? Tuffx quoted me over 500 for a window that was only 500mm longer. That's a bargain!

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    There's a big jump in price going up above 30mm thick.
    As 2 x 15mm glass is very expensive or double the number of laminations of 3 x 10mm increase costs.
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  18. Thanks smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #30
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Twhitenosugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876
    Thanks / Likes
    1402
    It was the same thickness as yours.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    13,000L fibreglassed raised pond with window

  20. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #31
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    6,332
    Thanks / Likes
    5098
    Windows are awesome- here is my view from the armchair this evening as the koi feed. Ignore the shoe collection- my dog is senile and has become a shoe-kleptomaniac. He gathers shoes from all over the house to covet The box is for the cats

  22. Thanks samp09, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #32
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks / Likes
    3055
    Looks great Feline, a great looking garden that!

  24. Thanks Feline Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #33
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhitenosugar View Post
    It was the same thickness as yours.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Wow thats a big jump in price for 25.5mm
    Might be to do with sheets sizes being 10ft x 6ft
    Little wastage on my cross cut of just just 300mm x 2
    But might have more wasteage on 2 x 2 mtr cut? Basically a whole sheet?
    Where as mine is just over 1/3rd of a sheet.
    Last edited by davethefish1; 10-06-2021 at 09:31 PM.
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  26. Thanks Twhitenosugar Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #34
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Twhitenosugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876
    Thanks / Likes
    1402
    That is probably it. I ended up going with a local company and it was not much cheaper Show me your Windows!

    Speaking of wastage, when my one turned up it was just the driver and me to unload the truck. Turned out my bit of glass was holding up most of the other deliveries for the day.

    So as we are struggling to get the glass down off the truck, all the other sheets of glass started tumbling over and smashing Show me your Windows!

    The thing is we were stuck holding my bit of glass, and I weren't going to drop that, so we could nothing but watch lol

    I've never seen so much broken glass before Show me your Windows!Show me your Windows!Show me your Windows!

    The guy didn't even seem that bothered. Although I think I now know why it cost so much lol


    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    13,000L fibreglassed raised pond with window

  28. Thanks davethefish1, dbs, Feline Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #35
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhitenosugar View Post
    That is probably it. I ended up going with a local company and it was not much cheaper Show me your Windows!

    Speaking of wastage, when my one turned up it was just the driver and me to unload the truck. Turned out my bit of glass was holding up most of the other deliveries for the day.

    So as we are struggling to get the glass down off the truck, all the other sheets of glass started tumbling over and smashing Show me your Windows!

    The thing is we were stuck holding my bit of glass, and I weren't going to drop that, so we could nothing but watch lol

    I've never seen so much broken glass before Show me your Windows!Show me your Windows!Show me your Windows!

    The guy didn't even seem that bothered. Although I think I now know why it cost so much lol


    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

    wasn't a TNT driver was it lol!
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  30. #36
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Twhitenosugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876
    Thanks / Likes
    1402
    Might as well have been Show me your Windows!

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    13,000L fibreglassed raised pond with window

  31. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #37
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks / Likes
    3997
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    yours looks stunning mate
    thats one big piece of glass! how heavy was it?

    i'm trying to keep the weight to a reasonable level, as i don't want to start getting into squeeky arse territory when lifting it
    like i was with my last reef tank at 1.8mtr x 1mtr x .75mtr with a double thickness base...around 200kg
    From memory around 150kg - not the easiest thing to lift and carry off the back of a van and then around a building site / wet slippery mud and fitting well that was hairy !
    2200 gallons, infinity window, BD
    Evolve 4000 combi amalgam UV
    10k,20k AF pumps
    Skimmer trickle.

  33. Thanks dbs, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #38
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks / Likes
    2146
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    i think i just need to get a little creative regarding structural support.
    as some sleeper ponds with infinity windows seem to have great support low down in the wall with rebar,
    but limited upper re-inforcment, and end up with some twist in the pond walls.
    i want mine square and rock solid...
    How about something simple like a stainless steel playe or rod across the top quite tight to the glass so it still looks like infinity ??

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  35. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #39
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai dbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    East Norfolk
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks / Likes
    2146
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhitenosugar View Post
    It was the same thickness as yours.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Thay must of seen you coming Show me your Windows!

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  37. Thanks davethefish1, Twhitenosugar Thanked / Liked this Post
  38. #40
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    3181
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    How about something simple like a stainless steel playe or rod across the top quite tight to the glass so it still looks like infinity ??

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    i did have an idea like that,
    getting a piece of stainless bar 25mm wide and 5mm thick and strapping it over the top of the glass between the two long sides of the pond.
    but would do that as a last resort.

    i'm having a different idea of setting 2 x 1.5 mtrs of 25mm rebar through the sleepers either side of the window,
    then drilling right through the 200 x 200 concrete footing and concreteing them in 500mm below ground.
    i think that should stop any bow or twist in the sleepers

    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  39. Thanks Ajm, Feline Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:04 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.