Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Blanket weed

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Steve1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    south ockendon
    Posts
    683
    Thanks / Likes
    873

    Blanket weed

    Now that I've fitted the UV the water has cleared up. I now face the issue of lots of blanket weed in the pond. It's growing everywhere, bottom on the walls and is has lots of strings of it moving about in the water column. How do I get rid of it. Pond was only filled last year so could it be NPS

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    6,561
    Thanks / Likes
    13676
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1984 View Post
    Now that I've fitted the UV the water has cleared up. I now face the issue of lots of blanket weed in the pond. It's growing everywhere, bottom on the walls and is has lots of strings of it moving about in the water column. How do I get rid of it. Pond was only filled last year so could it be NPS

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Speak to @Gazkoi mate he got the treatment that's works mint. If that bad wonder if brushing and netting would have get it back a bit then treat. Like strimming your weeds down before spraying quickens the job up

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  4. Thanks Gazkoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    I had a tub of Resolve from Gaz, it did the job.

  6. Thanks Ajm, Gazkoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai maplekoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Thanks / Likes
    111
    aquasource resolve should work well

  8. Thanks john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Steve1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    south ockendon
    Posts
    683
    Thanks / Likes
    873
    Great thanks. @Gazkoi can you provide a price to have some of this magic potion delivered please. I'm away from Monday for a couple of days so there's no rush. Pond is around 3000 gallons I think

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks Gazkoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    6,619
    Thanks / Likes
    12030
    Just get some Resolve in, nothing magic about it as it works.
    John

  12. Thanks hippo, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    6,619
    Thanks / Likes
    12030
    https://www.kois-r-us.co.uk/store/Aq...-kg-p308053985
    There you go Steve and free shipping.
    John

  14. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai Gazkoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Tividale
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    2921
    Cheers pal - appreciated.

    Cheers

    Gaz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Speak to @Gazkoi mate he got the treatment that's works mint. If that bad wonder if brushing and netting would have get it back a bit then treat. Like strimming your weeds down before spraying quickens the job up

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    4,100 gallon pond, infinity window, duratec heater, aerated BD, 3 bakki showers full of BHM, amalgam UV, 3 Blue Eco’s, construction skimmer, trickle in/out, Oase Profi Drum and some very spoilt koi.

    3 separate grow on vats, one 1,600 gallon QT and a customer first business

    www.aurorakoi.co.uk

    www.facebook.com/aurorakoiuk

  15. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai Gazkoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Tividale
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    2921
    Cheers Gmac - appreciated.

    Cheers

    Gaz

    Quote Originally Posted by g mac View Post
    I had a tub of Resolve from Gaz, it did the job.
    4,100 gallon pond, infinity window, duratec heater, aerated BD, 3 bakki showers full of BHM, amalgam UV, 3 Blue Eco’s, construction skimmer, trickle in/out, Oase Profi Drum and some very spoilt koi.

    3 separate grow on vats, one 1,600 gallon QT and a customer first business

    www.aurorakoi.co.uk

    www.facebook.com/aurorakoiuk

  17. Thanks Ajm, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai Gazkoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Tividale
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks / Likes
    2921
    All sorted pal - thanks for supporting me.

    Cheers

    Gaz

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1984 View Post
    Great thanks. @Gazkoi can you provide a price to have some of this magic potion delivered please. I'm away from Monday for a couple of days so there's no rush. Pond is around 3000 gallons I think

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    4,100 gallon pond, infinity window, duratec heater, aerated BD, 3 bakki showers full of BHM, amalgam UV, 3 Blue Eco’s, construction skimmer, trickle in/out, Oase Profi Drum and some very spoilt koi.

    3 separate grow on vats, one 1,600 gallon QT and a customer first business

    www.aurorakoi.co.uk

    www.facebook.com/aurorakoiuk

  19. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Steve1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    south ockendon
    Posts
    683
    Thanks / Likes
    873
    Contacted Gaz all sorted will be posted next week at my request so I can get the treatment started once back from holiday

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks Ajm, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:35 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.