Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Is there a koi show up north

    Hi all just wondering if a northern koi show ?
    Saw one for Coventry in July but that's to far away so just wondering if there is one up here .

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    6,560
    Thanks / Likes
    13675
    Quote Originally Posted by alex1968 View Post
    Hi all just wondering if a northern koi show ?
    Saw one for Coventry in July but that's to far away so just wondering if there is one up here .

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Don't know how North you are but normally one in Sunderland. Wasn't the best when I went but that was a few years back now

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  4. Thanks alex1968, Stuffyrat Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    I'm in Liverpool was hoping for one Yorkshire, Manchester ish.

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Don't know how North you are but normally one in Sunderland. Wasn't the best when I went but that was a few years back now

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    It's too rab c for a show up there, too many different languages needed

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  7. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    6,560
    Thanks / Likes
    13675
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    It's too rab c for a show up there, too many different languages needed

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Big sign on a1 up here mate
    no shell suits
    No missing teeth
    No banjo
    And no bloody scousers

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  9. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks / Likes
    2641
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Big sign on a1 up here mate
    no shell suits
    No missing teeth
    No banjo
    And no bloody scousers
    Looks like you can't go on 3 out of the 4 counts then Johnathan

  11. Thanks Stuffyrat Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    Looks like you can't go on 3 out of the 4 counts then Johnathan
    He has shorts not she'll suits, I don't think shell suits have got that far up north yet!! They still dressing up in rigga boots and shorts, for a night out! And that's the women


    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  13. Thanks samp09, g mac Thanked / Liked this Post
  14. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks / Likes
    2641
    haha! True, people still exchange good via bartering up north, Johnathan usually gets paid in coal and spuds

  15. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    6,560
    Thanks / Likes
    13675
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    He has shorts not she'll suits, I don't think shell suits have got that far up north yet!! They still dressing up in rigga boots and shorts, for a night out! And that's the women


    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Don't forget the string vests

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  17. Thanks samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    6,560
    Thanks / Likes
    13675
    Quote Originally Posted by samp09 View Post
    haha! True, people still exchange good via bartering up north, Johnathan usually gets paid in coal and spuds
    That'll do me mate lol still have the coal fire
    It's mint while the snow is falling lovely and warm lol

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  19. Thanks Stuffyrat, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    That'll do me mate lol still have the coal fire
    It's mint while the snow is falling lovely and warm lol

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    I've got coal fire too!!! Brethren Is there a koi show up north

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks / Likes
    2544
    Quote Originally Posted by alex1968 View Post
    Hi all just wondering if a northern koi show ?
    Saw one for Coventry in July but that's to far away so just wondering if there is one up here .

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

    usually any shows i want to go to are 100's of miles away...
    but the BKKS national show is about 10 mins away...if it goes ahead....
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  23. Thanks Stuffyrat, Ajm, samp09 Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    usually any shows i want to go to are 100's of miles away...
    but the BKKS national show is about 10 mins away...if it goes ahead....
    I'm going if it's on missed last year's, gutted wasn't on

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  25. Thanks Ajm, samp09, davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks / Likes
    2544
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    I'm going if it's on missed last year's, gutted wasn't on

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I think the last koi show i went to was at billing aquadrome in the 90's....
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  27. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai samp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks / Likes
    2641
    I plan to go if they go ahead. Although a couple hours away it'll be worthwhile. I was gutted when they was cancelled last year!

  28. Thanks davethefish1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #16
    Junior Member Rank = Fry Billy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    5
    Thanks / Likes
    1
    As a newbie To keeping koi in the UK my closest suppliers are in the “South” near Carlisle and Gateshead !
    I think there is a show in Scotland but not sure about details
    i

  30. #17
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    6,140
    Thanks / Likes
    4779
    This one usually runs in August, but understandably they don’t yet have a date for this year northeastkoiclub

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:55 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.