Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Sansai jphamill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    117
    Thanks / Likes
    117

    Heatpump housing

    Hi Everyone, another question.

    I've a Thermotech 9 heatpump out the back of my filterhouse.
    I'm aware of necesary air circulation around them etc.
    Can i ask you for examples of how you roof over or weather shield your own if you have one.
    I know it can sit outside fine but its probably worth protecting a bit given the investment.
    Thanks

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk



  2. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Rapleyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    667
    Thanks / Likes
    727
    I have seen a few with a small roof over but I have had my air con inverter not covered for three years and recently serviced with no issues.

    My thermotec 9kw is going on this afternoon/evening how do you find it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks jphamill, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Sansai jphamill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    117
    Thanks / Likes
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapleyr View Post
    I have seen a few with a small roof over but I have had my air con inverter not covered for three years and recently serviced with no issues.

    My thermotec 9kw is going on this afternoon/evening how do you find it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've just let it run , it flipped into cooling a couple of time. No issues whatsoever. Good thought re service. Is that annual?
    I like the app to check it.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    689
    Thanks / Likes
    1564
    if the filter house wall is sturdy enough just make or buy a canopy roof
    to keep the worst of the weather off it.

    Heatpump housing-taunton-door-canopy-1030-585mm-gallows
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  6. Thanks jphamill, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #5
    Mines outside by the pond, has been outside in all weathers for eight years now. Had one repair two years ago, new circuit board, common issue with Duratech’s other than that hasn’t been touched.

  8. Thanks jphamill, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Rapleyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    667
    Thanks / Likes
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by jphamill View Post
    I've just let it run , it flipped into cooling a couple of time. No issues whatsoever. Good thought re service. Is that annual?
    I like the app to check it.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yes annually

    Do you know What size cable you used to connect the thermotec to power supply? I have just made up my bypass so ready to wire it up and cut and re pipe the returns


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Sansai jphamill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    117
    Thanks / Likes
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapleyr View Post
    Yes annually

    Do you know What size cable you used to connect the thermotec to power supply? I have just made up my bypass so ready to wire it up and cut and re pipe the returns


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2.5 mm hightuff. Its not a big load when starting up. Less running.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  11. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Rapleyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    667
    Thanks / Likes
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by jphamill View Post
    2.5 mm hightuff. Its not a big load when starting up. Less running.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Did you just plug it in to a socket or wire it up to a board?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks hippo Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Sansai jphamill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    117
    Thanks / Likes
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapleyr View Post
    Thanks. Did you just plug it in to a socket or wire it up to a board?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6mm 3 core armoured to filterhouse on own breaker in garage consumer unit, then into weatherproof consumer unit in filter house,
    All devices running out of that on own breakers. 2 slots spare.
    3 gang weatherproof switch outside filterhouse for pond air, lights and bead blower. All others switch in consumer unit.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  14. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Rapleyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    667
    Thanks / Likes
    727
    Thanks, gotta sparky coming here tomorrow to quote for exactly that and to separate my feeds so office and pond. £3k was the last quote so getting a second option to check.

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #11
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    5,407
    Thanks / Likes
    3378
    You shouldn’t attempt to enclose your heat pump in any way. It works by taking heat from the surrounding air which can only work efficiently if the surrounding air is not being obstructed in any way- you need good air flow round all 5 sides.

    If you look in the manual it will tell you how many meters away any obstructions should be etc. But the more air flow the better.
    They are completely designed to live outdoors, just like air con units.

  17. Thanks Doitsusanke, Manky Sanke, freddyboy, hippo Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:42 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.