Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1461

    Batten down your covers II...the sequel!

    Copycat thread
    Storm Dennis to hit the UK Saturday.
    Think I'll leave the buckets and rocks on for a few weeks...

    Trashed garden !-batten-hatches-jpg


    Last edited by davethefish1; 11-02-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  2. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, smartin, Tom Koi, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai sammy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    swindon wilts
    Posts
    194
    Thanks / Likes
    265
    That`s all we need , just sorted the garden out from the last one.

  4. Thanks freddyboy, smartin, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy66 View Post
    That`s all we need , just sorted the garden out from the last one.
    thats probably what a neighbour said on monday....

    we didn't see that much wind on sunday compared to everyone else...
    then it changed direction on monday and did this to his roof....



    Batten down your covers II...the sequel!-20200211_080425-jpg

    20200211_080425.jpg
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  6. Thanks freddyboy, smartin, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai smartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks / Likes
    3128
    At least I wont have to worry about losing fence panels this weekend as I have none left i will put some items on the poly covers though as I don't want a repeat of last week where they were tossed around like paper..... Storm Dennis honestly who names these storms surely they can be names something a bit more exciting...….. Storm Ogon sounds a bit more threatening

  8. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1, freddyboy, john1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,066
    Thanks / Likes
    8912
    Quote Originally Posted by smartin View Post
    At least I wont have to worry about losing fence panels this weekend as I have none left i will put some items on the poly covers though as I don't want a repeat of last week where they were tossed around like paper..... Storm Dennis honestly who names these storms surely they can be names something a bit more exciting...….. Storm Ogon sounds a bit more threatening
    Storm chagoi. Monster size storm with a big appetite

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  10. Thanks davethefish1, smartin, freddyboy, john1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Nanasai davec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    571
    Thanks / Likes
    370
    Been blowing a gale here since last weekend bit of a lull in wind today then it’s back at this rate we will be at storm zebedee before end of next month


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, john1, davethefish1, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    812
    Thanks / Likes
    1492
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    Copycat thread
    Storm Dennis to hit the UK Saturday.
    Think I'll leave the buckets and rocks on for a few weeks...

    Trashed garden !-batten-hatches-jpg

    We seem to be getting more and more storms every year now and they're getting worse, rain is the same it just won't stay dry for any length of time.
    Last edited by Tom Koi; 14-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.

  14. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, john1, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    We seem to be getting more more storms every year now and they're getting worse, rain is the same it just won't stay dry for any length of time.

    too true,
    some carp fishing mates had a mini tornado roll past them on a lake over cambridge a couple of years ago...

    https://www.facebook.com/Rosemeresyndicate/videos/642202889849535/

    Batten down your covers II...the sequel!-85098655_1280691142141523_4552987525026676736_o-jpg


    85098655_1280691142141523_4552987525026676736_o.jpg
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  16. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, john1, Tom Koi, smartin, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #9
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    5,971
    Thanks / Likes
    10431
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    Copycat thread
    Storm Dennis to hit the UK Saturday.
    Think I'll leave the buckets and rocks on for a few weeks...

    Trashed garden !-batten-hatches-jpg
    Let's hope it doesn't do too much damage,your garden looks amazing Dave even with the plant pots on top.
    John

  18. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    812
    Thanks / Likes
    1492
    Quote Originally Posted by davethefish1 View Post
    too true,
    some carp fishing mates had a mini tornado roll past them on a lake over cambridge a couple of years ago...

    https://www.facebook.com/Rosemeresyndicate/videos/642202889849535/

    Batten down your covers II...the sequel!-85098655_1280691142141523_4552987525026676736_o-jpg


    85098655_1280691142141523_4552987525026676736_o.jpg
    Apparently there's another storm coming behind this one, Storm Lucy, god knows what that'll contain

  20. Thanks Ajm, davethefish1, freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    Apparently there's another storm coming behind this one, Storm Lucy, god knows what that'll contain
    on the plus side it's keeping daytime temps up into double figures....
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  22. Thanks freddyboy, smartin, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    3,807
    Thanks / Likes
    8683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Storm chagoi. Monster size storm with a big appetite

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    That tickled me.
    If you said that to anybody off here you'd get strange looks.

    You should write to the storm people and ask them to use it for the next C storm.

  24. Thanks freddyboy, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #13
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,066
    Thanks / Likes
    8912
    Haha can you imagine the looks e . Think we need to start calling cars koi varieties aswell sick of mustang's and vipers wheres the fish names at

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  26. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #14
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    3,807
    Thanks / Likes
    8683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Haha can you imagine the looks e . Think we need to start calling cars koi varieties aswell sick of mustang's and vipers wheres the fish names at

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yeah...

    Shiro Super Sport has a nice ring to it.
    Or Tancho Turbo.
    And Kia Kohaku sounds quite realistic.

  28. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #15
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,066
    Thanks / Likes
    8912
    Haha mint come on people gotta be some more out there haha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  30. Thanks Tom Koi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai davethefish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bedworth
    Posts
    642
    Thanks / Likes
    1461
    they sound like great names

    apparently the uk public suggest names to the met office to choose from...
    that are typically boring...

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...m-centre/index

    maybe we should make some suggestions

    here's the email address to them to...

    nameourstorms@metoffice.gov.uk



    this years storm choice...


    • A – Atiyah (December 8-9, 2019)
    • B – Brendan (January 13-14, 2020)
    • C – Ciara (February 8-9, 2020)
    • D – Dennis (February 15-16, 2020)
    • E - Ellen
    • F - Francis
    • G - Gerda
    • H - Hugh
    • I - Iris
    • J - Jan
    • K - Kitty
    • L - Liam
    • M - Maura
    • N - Noah
    • O - Olivia
    • P - Piet
    • R - Roisin
    • S - Samir
    • T - Tara
    • V - Vince
    • W - Willow
    The Solution to Pollution is Dilution

  32. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Hassai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    812
    Thanks / Likes
    1492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Haha mint come on people gotta be some more out there haha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Jaguar's Top of the range Kujaku for me please


    PS, I'm here all day

  34. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    4,066
    Thanks / Likes
    8912
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    Jaguar's Top of the range Kujaku for me please
    Haha starting to like jags like that would be the deal making cherry haha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  36. Thanks freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:53 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.