PDA

View Full Version : what type of koi is this

wellsy
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
hi there iv just bin given a koi.
hes just bin put in my pond after a wile on hes own just to make sure hes ok and clean.
he is about Cm if not bigger he looks to me like a mirror carp
hes orange in color im not shore im new at this
if anyone can help me
wellsy:confused: :confused: :D

geejay
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi Wellsy,

If you mean the biggest koi in the photo it looks like it could be a Mizuho Ogon to me.

wellsy
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
yes the big one thanks geejay:D :D :D

pondy
04-09-2012, 04:46 PM
thats a very Vague desciption as here's a few others also classed as "Mizuho ogon" sounds good dont it...

ogon.... single coloured koi!
mizuho.... erm doitsu?

so you have a one coloured koi with hardly any scales!

pondy
04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
as you can see there are variants to the same name and like all koi different qualities too.

geejay
04-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi Pondy

You may say that Mizuho Ogon is vague but it's not incorrect though is it from the examples that you have included in your post.:D

The only thing that may be lacking is a description of the colour. In the photo to me it looks yellow but the owner says it's orange.

pondy
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
no arguments from me!,
it's just a shame that with a koi like that the name makes it sound so special ;)

i think we have all had a koi like this at one point or another

as long as you like it Wellsy its the important thing

ILoveFish
08-09-2012, 07:02 AM
no arguments from me!,
it's just a shame that with a koi like that the name makes it sound so special ;)

i think we have all had a koi like this at one point or another

as long as you like it Wellsy its the important thing

i have to agree with pondy on this many of my friends show koi but some of there favorite koi are plain in color its down to what you like

hullkoiman
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
dont know what it is but ive just got one with the same scale patten but mine is bright yellow and havent got a clew what type it is but i like it.:rolleyes: