PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

m90dom
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Guys, I am moving house within the next 2 weeks. I am going to put my koi into 400 Gallon Raised Pond | Garden Accessories | Garden Oasis (http://www.gardenoasis.co.uk/gallon-raised-pond-p-766.html) because we are moving to a rented house so I am not going to be able to digg down. I should be able to get the keys at least 4 days before so I can get the water in and treat it to get all the badness out from the tap and ill have some plants in. I do totally understand that this is not long enough but I cant do anything about it.

Anyway all I need is some advice on doing it, I have 10fish and 4 of them are koi and the bigest it 6" long. Whats the best way to do this? I can get a tank (water but from homebase) and stick them in that or do it in bags.

any advice would be great

ogawa only
02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
bag the koi , as this is always best ;)

for your new pond , try and get the filters from the old pond on there as quick as poss , also dont feed the fish for a few days , and you could always add microblift filter booster to the new pond , just to speed things up

steve

m90dom
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Thanks for that, another question is. I am going to have to keep them in a temp pond for a few hours while i build the new one and connect all the old filter and pump back up and fill the new home for them. So how long can i keep them in a un filterd container for? Iv baisicly got them a water butt. Im guna stick a oxgen plant in their dont know if thats going to help. I think at most 4 hours.