Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member Rank = Fry Wilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Woodstock Oxon
    Posts
    2
    Thanks / Likes
    3

    Smile Koi Fry, info and the lack of.

    Hi one and all.
    I am a newby to Extreme Koi. been keeping koi for quite a few years. There is a lot of info on the web about koi, But very little about the selection of fry.
    I have bought some Kujaku and Shiro fry and would like some info on which to keep. Anyone help please.



  2. Thanks freddyboy, Solvent Cement Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,181
    Thanks / Likes
    10244
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    Hi one and all.
    I am a newby to Extreme Koi. been keeping koi for quite a few years. There is a lot of info on the web about koi, But very little about the selection of fry.
    I have bought some Kujaku and Shiro fry and would like some info on which to keep. Anyone help please.
    Here is the man Davej. He is breeding his own. And picking fish out.
    Very knowledgable man. Here is the link.

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...1&share_type=t

    Fred

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion Davej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,632
    Thanks / Likes
    1598
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Here is the man Davej. He is breeding his own. And picking fish out.
    Very knowledgable man. Here is the link.

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...1&share_type=t

    Fred

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Lol Freddy

    The starting point is questions

    Any pics?

    How old are the fry?

    Where were they sourced?

    Any details known of the parents?

    Is the objective to select any potential Kujaku or Shiro OR decent ones,, It makes a difference

  6. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,181
    Thanks / Likes
    10244
    Quote Originally Posted by Davej View Post
    Lol Freddy

    The starting point is questions

    Any pics?

    How old are the fry?

    Where were they sourced?

    Any details known of the parents?

    Is the objective to select any potential Kujaku or Shiro OR decent ones,, It makes a difference
    Cheers dave

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  8. #5
    Hi Wilf.
    Can't give any knowledgeable advice as I'd just select the ones i liked the look of.
    Welcome anyway.

  9. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    4,934
    Thanks / Likes
    7710
    As above mate, Kujaku are a lovely koi but the choice is yours and you are fortunate to have the choice,but you have to look at them.
    John

  11. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:35 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.