Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1. #1

    Cloverleaf filter

    Guys I want your thoughts on these filters Iíll attach a pic. As some of you have discussed with me i made my mind up with a nexus 220 but I just canít get the thing to the garden il have to chuck it over two neighbours fences which is just two much! It wonít go through the house as itís to hi at 80cm. The highest filter I can get away with getting through the house is 74cm. So looking into these cloverleafs quiet like the designs aswell I must say. Whatís your thoughts ?

    IMG_8767.JPG
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Last edited by charco123; 06-10-2019 at 11:54 PM.

  2. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    180
    Thanks / Likes
    161
    Old tech no better than a box filter I believe I could be wrong though

  4. Thanks charco123, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,208
    Thanks / Likes
    4615
    Same as my multibay. Labour intensive cleaning . Fines will get thought and I think the bio in a 220 would be a ooad better unless you converted it to a moving bed . Nexus will be better on all points as I see it

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  6. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Sim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    298
    Thanks / Likes
    436
    I ran an inline clover leaf filter fo many years, looked after the water ok but as the others have said things have moved on.

    If I was to get one of these I would want a drum or a sieve infront so I could have a couple of moving beds of k1 in there.
    But then if you are looking at a drum you may as well have a bio chamber made up that you can get into your garden!

  8. Thanks Ajm, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5

    Cloverleaf filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Same as my multibay. Labour intensive cleaning . Fines will get thought and I think the bio in a 220 would be a ooad better unless you converted it to a moving bed . Nexus will be better on all points as I see it

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    The 220 is a no go not even worth me thinking about anymore thereís no way Iím geting it in that garden. Bit of a sore subject as I made my mind up! But I could run a aqua sieve in front of a easy pod I was thinking. From what I been told the easy pods struggle with large debris so thought this wouldnít be so much a bad set set up. Iím open to ideas though, I just canít have a unit higher than 74cm otherwise I canít get it thro the door to the garden. My budget for the filters + pump will be around 1100 so thereís got to be something to suit the requirements surely. Cheers mate Cloverleaf filter


    Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_8768.JPG

  10. Thanks Ajm, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,208
    Thanks / Likes
    4615
    You can get a drum for that mate

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  12. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,208
    Thanks / Likes
    4615
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BoCdCkQAvD_BwE https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...hoCDT0QAvD_BwE

    And even just a second hand pump till you save up

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  14. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BoCdCkQAvD_BwE https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...hoCDT0QAvD_BwE

    And even just a second hand pump till you save up

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lol I donít no that is creeping up 200 pounds more without the pump lol! Thanks tho something to consider. Plus ainít the drums just mechanical meaning I would need another filter for bio. Ta mate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Thanks Ajm, andikoi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #9
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    180
    Thanks / Likes
    161
    Just get a bleddy drum with moving bed and be done with it you will only end up upgrading down the line

  18. Thanks Ajm, andikoi, freddyboy, anne, Maddog1, Ahsoka Tancho Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,208
    Thanks / Likes
    4615
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Lol I donít no that is creeping up 200 pounds more without the pump lol! Thanks tho something to consider. Plus ainít the drums just mechanical meaning I would need another filter for bio. Ta mate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone will able to link a cheaper one . My link must have not worked there was one for 999 for the drum and you can make a moving bed out of a waterbutt for really cheap

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  20. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne, Maddog1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks / Likes
    3350
    how much water are you filtering is first question,then we can give advice on filter,,,,andi

  22. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,208
    Thanks / Likes
    4615
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    how much water are you filtering is first question,then we can give advice on filter,,,,andi
    Here's the google king . Andi will find some it

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  24. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    how much water are you filtering is first question,then we can give advice on filter,,,,andi
    Hello mate itís for 1300-1600 gallons ponds not been constructed yet but want to know what filter Iím geting so I can purchase before build. Ta mate!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Someone will able to link a cheaper one . My link must have not worked there was one for 999 for the drum and you can make a moving bed out of a waterbutt for really cheap

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Cheers mate il have a further look into


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. Thanks andikoi, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #15
    IMG_8733.JPG this is the only other thing I can come up with but concerns me in winter that it could freeze up as itís essentially a tall shower filter. But I do like the idea itís another option


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeDogg1 View Post
    Just get a bleddy drum with moving bed and be done with it you will only end up upgrading down the line
    Mate Iím loosing my tempah with it now! I just feel to go to the shop with the max I wil spend and buy what I can. I just canít find a filter that I can get to the back garden through the house has bio and mechanical and all in is under £1100. For me thatís a lot of money to spend on filter, there must be something for me out there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #17
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks / Likes
    3350
    here you go,then spend £100 on a 10000 variflow pump,,,,,andi https://www.cotswoldkoi.co.uk/produc...RoCGOwQAvD_BwE

  34. Thanks Ajm, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks / Likes
    3350
    you will need some media for it but i would haggle with whoever you get it off to chuck free in if you buy a pump from them aswel,,,,,,andi

  36. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  37. #19
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    180
    Thanks / Likes
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by charco123 View Post
    Mate Iím loosing my tempah with it now! I just feel to go to the shop with the max I wil spend and buy what I can. I just canít find a filter that I can get to the back garden through the house has bio and mechanical and all in is under £1100. For me thatís a lot of money to spend on filter, there must be something for me out there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had a similar prob when I was gonna build one out the back of my mums. Could only go through standard doors and the gap down the side of the garage is even narrower lol

  38. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  39. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    here you go,then spend £100 on a 10000 variflow pump,,,,,andi https://www.cotswoldkoi.co.uk/produc...RoCGOwQAvD_BwE
    Awww I like the look at that a small drum with an attached chamber for biological filtration, Iím asuming Iím reading it correctly. Cheers mate thatís a very very good option there. Really appreciate that,


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. Thanks andikoi, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:29 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.