Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Evolution Aqua answer 410 improvement

    has anyone here modified an ANSWER ive got 2 of and 2 sets of same filter system (2x stainless steel drum tanks, one fitted with an answer 410 and a large drum filled with approx. 200 liters of k1 micro , 1 set will be listed soon to sell..

    answer 410 motors are dead . these are energy greedy 250w just to keep the 100 micron mesh clean of debris

    ive come up with a replacement motor superfish 10000 eco rc with remote control 15w - 68w and it works perfectly on setting 1 = 15w
    to make it fit all I needed was a 2" evolution aqua 90 degree rubber flexi elbow
    secondly the original 100 micro mesh is rubbish its very thick so doesn't clean effectively ,
    I have made my own cage and fitted 74 micron 316 stainless steel mesh which is very fine grade and far more porous and cleans far better than the original .

    ive made the mesh over twice the height of the original , and will be modifying the rotor arms with a custom made one which will cover the whole height and have smaller slot to increase water pressure coming out of the nozzles.

    its a cheap hack which will provide the same results as a drum filter.

    will upload photo's once finished.



  2. Thanks Djstiles999, paulp5563 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Kyusai Pomster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    954
    Thanks / Likes
    549
    If i remember right the last Answer 410 I had, had a oase 8000 pump fitted, Still have one in bits somewhere

    They was supposed to be the next big thing when they came out but ...
    Not to read a newspaper makes you uninformed. But to read a newspaper makes you misinformed

  4. Thanks markini5 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomster View Post
    If i remember right the last Answer 410 I had, had a oase 8000 pump fitted, Still have one in bits somewhere

    They was supposed to be the next big thing when they came out but ...
    PERHAPS if it was better designed, seems they just gave up and never made any improvements

    ive spent a few hours tinkering and made vast improvements over the original, ie cheaper to run down from 250w to 15w , finer mesh, and high flow rates .

  6. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks / Likes
    3212
    what they should of done is fit a float switch to bio side so that when it drops the spraybar kicks in,turns the exit pump off and then opens the drain valve to empty to waste,oh sorry thats near enough a draco,the new nexus automatic would be an ideal candidate to do this mod on,im surprised they havent revisited the idea with all the eco pumps out there nowadays,,,,andi

  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    what they should of done is fit a float switch to bio side so that when it drops the spraybar kicks in,turns the exit pump off and then opens the drain valve to empty to waste,oh sorry thats near enough a draco,the new nexus automatic would be an ideal candidate to do this mod on,im surprised they havent revisited the idea with all the eco pumps out there nowadays,,,,andi
    that sounds like a good idea Andi, only problem is with this drum is its holding in the region of 500 litres of water
    I dont know what this filter system is called and cant find any info on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks / Likes
    3212
    AussieKoi.COM.AU - Products all i can find,ive actually got the small drum thats supposed to house an answer,was going to convert to an easypod as ive got a 300 easy section or just a bio chamber but couldnt be bothered so its sat in garden lol,think they were meant more for dealers to show how a nexus works when broken into each section of the filter,,,andi

  9. Thanks markini5 Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    AussieKoi.COM.AU - Products all i can find,ive actually got the small drum thats supposed to house an answer,was going to convert to an easypod as ive got a 300 easy section or just a bio chamber but couldnt be bothered so its sat in garden lol,think they were meant more for dealers to show how a nexus works when broken into each section of the filter,,,andi
    thanks for this info, it helps a lot actually.
    I was told these were top of the range but were for commercial use they came out of a 50,000 litre pond that closed down over 4 years ago and they just sat their with water in the pumps and pipe work still.

    these drums are abit larger dia than the ones in the link.
    and they were purchased as 2 individual sets as a complete system claimed they were £5k each set sold abit made up claim to me, I dunno.

    other set sitting in garden and 3 large bags of K1 MICRO that I need to move on.

    well its doing an amazing job at the moment with super fish pump , and using a jebao 20,000 vari flow pump running 4" pipework all the way upto return pump right next to the pond wall having to pump approx. 0.5 head height and 1.2 metre length of 2" pipe back to pond.

    for k1 micro using Evolution aqua 95 air pump , works a treat.

  11. #8
    how its now set up for my pond.

    need to plumb in the UV means drill the chamber , or change for a conventional type.

  12. #9
    I'm still running an Answer 410 with original pump !!! i think i should look at swapping it for something like you are using, and the 74 micron screen sounds interesting too, be great to see some pics of your modifications.

  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp5563 View Post
    I'm still running an Answer 410 with original pump !!! i think i should look at swapping it for something like you are using, and the 74 micron screen sounds interesting too, be great to see some pics of your modifications.
    will do upload once finished modifications,
    surprized your pump is still going strong, most oase pumps give up the ghost and you cant buy replacements not that I would want to .
    well worth upgrading the motor.

    the idea with the mesh is to replicate a drum filter for removing solids down to around 70 ish microns but without the costs of having to buy a drum filter , the original mesh works ok ish though is much thick grade than on drum filters so is easily blocked

    ive trialled my new mesh , compared the performance ie flow rates and how good the rotary wash system functions and I have to say the new mesh massively out performed the standard mesh screen.

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by markini5 View Post
    will do upload once finished modifications,
    surprized your pump is still going strong, most oase pumps give up the ghost and you cant buy replacements not that I would want to .
    well worth upgrading the motor.

    the idea with the mesh is to replicate a drum filter for removing solids down to around 70 ish microns but without the costs of having to buy a drum filter , the original mesh works ok ish though is much thick grade than on drum filters so is easily blocked

    ive trialled my new mesh , compared the performance ie flow rates and how good the rotary wash system functions and I have to say the new mesh massively out performed the standard mesh screen.
    Where did you source the mesh from ?

  15. #12
    ebay search stainless steel mesh

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.