Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 143
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by slickbe View Post
    Will try also this solution. Discharge pipe with two 90 bends to get it underground level.

    Attachment 27811
    I don't think that will work as you can't make an airlift push the water back down like that and all I think that is going to do is push the aerated water up out of the top of the T ?

    The idea is to keep the drive tube straight with a T at the top with the branch off outlet of the T going horizontally and then the vertical bit of the T just needs to be left open so the air can escape like the one I made. Also you want a T near the bottom of the drive tube which does 2 things - First of all it lets the water into the drive tube fairly near the bottom of it so you can then have an air stone sitting in a section of pipe below the T and secondly it lets you drop the air stone straight down the drive tube easily and also allows you to get the air stone back out again should it ever need to be replaced as they can get blocked up over time apparently.

    Even with my design as soon as you start to put any restriction on the water trying to come out of the horizontal pipe coming off the T at the top of the drive tube the water will just take the path of least resistance and probably just come straight out of the top of the drive tube or the nearest available exit.

    From my experience with air lifts is an air lift will push water as long as there is very little resistance trying to stop it. Although it is called an air lift it normally can't actually lift water much above the level of the surface of the water it is sitting in - well that what I was told but I found it was possible to get a very basic airlift built out of 2" waste pipe to push water out the horizontal pipe at up to 18" above the surface of the water and I think I actually had a photo of it doing just that.

    Basically as soon as the air has escaped from the water you need the water to exit the horizontal pipe fairly quickly and to do that you need a bit of help from gravity plus the water coming up be hind it.

    As I said before - keep it simple and it will work. It will move volumes of water pump but can't pressurise water if that makes sense?

    I tried with 40mm push fit first but found it too small to fit an air stone in so went for 2" waste and flexi rubber boot fittings so I could alter it as I went along to see what happened when I tied different lengths of drive tube etc.

  2. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy, slickbe Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #122
    I have plan to drill all the holes this Saturday.

    This is drilling scheme, with descriptions.

    water inlets.jpg

  4. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #123
    Just out of interest why 6 x 110mm holes and 4 holes for pumps?

  6. #124
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    193
    Thanks / Likes
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I don't think that will work as you can't make an airlift push the water back down like that and all I think that is going to do is push the aerated water up out of the top of the T ?

    The idea is to keep the drive tube straight with a T at the top with the branch off outlet of the T going horizontally and then the vertical bit of the T just needs to be left open so the air can escape like the one I made. Also you want a T near the bottom of the drive tube which does 2 things - First of all it lets the water into the drive tube fairly near the bottom of it so you can then have an air stone sitting in a section of pipe below the T and secondly it lets you drop the air stone straight down the drive tube easily and also allows you to get the air stone back out again should it ever need to be replaced as they can get blocked up over time apparently.

    Even with my design as soon as you start to put any restriction on the water trying to come out of the horizontal pipe coming off the T at the top of the drive tube the water will just take the path of least resistance and probably just come straight out of the top of the drive tube or the nearest available exit.

    From my experience with air lifts is an air lift will push water as long as there is very little resistance trying to stop it. Although it is called an air lift it normally can't actually lift water much above the level of the surface of the water it is sitting in - well that what I was told but I found it was possible to get a very basic airlift built out of 2" waste pipe to push water out the horizontal pipe at up to 18" above the surface of the water and I think I actually had a photo of it doing just that.

    Basically as soon as the air has escaped from the water you need the water to exit the horizontal pipe fairly quickly and to do that you need a bit of help from gravity plus the water coming up be hind it.

    As I said before - keep it simple and it will work. It will move volumes of water pump but can't pressurise water if that makes sense?

    I tried with 40mm push fit first but found it too small to fit an air stone in so went for 2" waste and flexi rubber boot fittings so I could alter it as I went along to see what happened when I tied different lengths of drive tube etc.


    I like the idea of the airlift but unable to visualise it, have you got any drawing/illustration of one you can post up Frim

  7. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    I like the idea of the airlift but unable to visualise it, have you got any drawing/illustration of one you can post up Frim
    The only things I have are on the Airlift thread but they are only very basic drawings and photos but the basic principal can be scaled up very easily.

    Here's the link to my thread again -

    Going to attempt an air lift

  9. Thanks Tom Koi Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #126
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    193
    Thanks / Likes
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    The only things I have are on the Airlift thread but they are only very basic drawings and photos but the basic principal can be scaled up very easily.

    Here's the link to my thread again -

    Going to attempt an air lift
    Cheers Firm

  11. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #127
    No worries Tom, you're welcome

  13. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Just out of interest why 6 x 110mm holes and 4 holes for pumps?
    Main inlets I am going to use are 6x 110 - I have raised airlifts outputs to about 40cm below water level (was 60+). Guy from airlifts.eu told me that it should work. Maybe not on full power, but it should. Max volume per one 110 pressure airlift is about 22 m3/h. Lets assume that in my scenario it will be 50% or less. So multiple by 6 give us about 60 m3/h just from airlifts alone. I will give it a try.

    Second ones 4x 63mm are just in case for vario pumps as a backup or I will use them as a help for airlifts to achive 90-100 m3/h altogether - if there is a need to.

    Those are thle plans. I have no idea how it ends with airlifts efficiency. Hope to run some tests within few months

  14. Thanks Ajm, Frimley Koi keeper, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #129
    All the holes have been drilled today. Tomorrow I will try to settle all the inlets / outlets and make final preparations for the liner. Hope to put it before end of May. It is time to fill it with water. At least half of it

    20190518_154200.jpg

    20190518_195554.jpg

    20190518_195615.jpg

    20190518_195619.jpg

  16. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, Frimley Koi keeper, john1, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #130
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks / Likes
    1923
    Think am more excited about this than I ever was about mine

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  18. Thanks RS2OOO, Frimley Koi keeper, john1, freddyboy, slickbe Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #131
    Nice neat job.

    Makes all the difference when you have the right tools

  20. Thanks Ajm, john1, freddyboy, slickbe Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #132
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    4,059
    Thanks / Likes
    5377
    This is going to be some pond Slickbe.

    Those drills look the business and great job.
    So are you going for a box weld liner?
    John

  22. Thanks freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper, slickbe Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #133
    Looks the biss. And looks professional y done love it. Love to see how you cut all them holes in the liner. Once in and lined up.
    And all sealed up.
    Brilliant

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  24. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, slickbe, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #134
    Some part of the pipes for all the plumbing. These on the foto are 4m long. Altogether it will be over 200m of them.

    20190518_204613.jpg

    About liner I am going to use EPDM Firestone. It will be probably glued and then vulcanized similar like car tires. I will use professional company for this because I do not have any experience in this matter. And this should be done perfect for the first time.

  26. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by slickbe View Post
    Some part of the pipes for all the plumbing. These on the foto are 4m long. Altogether it will be over 200m of them.

    20190518_204613.jpg

    About liner I am going to use EPDM Firestone. It will be probably glued and then vulcanized similar like car tires. I will use professional company for this because I do not have any experience in this matter. And this should be done perfect for the first time.
    Nice one. Sounds good. And a good move on a professional company doing that part. On fitting liner. Thats why i mentioned the cutting
    I would nt like to attempt that part
    Lol

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  28. Thanks Ajm, slickbe, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #136
    I have managed to put all the tank conectors today. Tomorrow I have to stick them permanetly by seal foam.

    20190519_193336.jpg

    20190519_193339.jpg

    20190519_193359.jpg


    The flanges extends about 2mm from the wall line. It should be no problem to seal them with proper glue.

    20190519_195734.jpg

  30. Thanks john1, RS2OOO, freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #137
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    4,059
    Thanks / Likes
    5377
    Like your method and hope everything goes ok for you Slickbe.
    John

  32. Thanks slickbe, RS2OOO, Ajm, freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #138
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,258
    Thanks / Likes
    2075
    Every time I look at this thread I can't get over the size of this project, I mean, All that soil removed, all those blocks, 200 metres of pipe, it is incredible.

    How many people have been working on it?

    I would be amazed if you are doing all this by yourself. It is such a mammoth build.

    Also, it actually looks bigger than 90m3. I'm almost certain you could fit more than 8 of my ponds in there!

  34. Thanks Ajm, slickbe, freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Every time I look at this thread I can't get over the size of this project, I mean, All that soil removed, all those blocks, 200 metres of pipe, it is incredible.

    How many people have been working on it?

    I would be amazed if you are doing all this by yourself. It is such a mammoth build.

    Also, it actually looks bigger than 90m3. I'm almost certain you could fit more than 8 of my ponds in there!
    Tks RS2000! It is being built straight from the begining by 2 person. Me and my father - everything after our regular jobs and all the weekends of course. In critical moments also my brother help us. So 2 and a half person

  36. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, RS2OOO, Frimley Koi keeper, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  37. #140
    Senior Member Rank = Jussai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks / Likes
    1923
    Quote Originally Posted by slickbe View Post
    Tks RS2000! It is being built straight from the begining by 2 person. Me and my father - everything after our regular jobs and all the weekends of course. In critical moments also my brother help us. So 2 and a half person
    Congratulations mate that's some feet of work for 2 and a half men haha fish in and a very well deserved drink well done

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  38. Thanks slickbe, freddyboy, RS2OOO, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.