Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    good news,
    pond doesn't leak, 3 days since full and level hasn't dropped at all.

    pump , filters and uv all up and running now. some repairs to sieve float weir needed to be made, leaking …

    UV is now fitted in the sieve below water line.

    I was very sceptical about this paint, but seeing the results myself have surprized me.. I read all the anti paint posts... but this stuff is proper heavy duty stuff...

    worked out approx. 75% cheaper than fiberglass.. refer to my other post for pictures

  2. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #22
    Nice one bud over the moon for you.
    Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by markini5 View Post
    good news,
    pond doesn't leak, 3 days since full and level hasn't dropped at all.

    pump , filters and uv all up and running now. some repairs to sieve float weir needed to be made, leaking …

    UV is now fitted in the sieve below water line.

    I was very sceptical about this paint, but seeing the results myself have surprized me.. I read all the anti paint posts... but this stuff is proper heavy duty stuff...

    worked out approx. 75% cheaper than fiberglass.. refer to my other post for pictures
    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks markini5 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Nice one bud over the moon for you.
    Enjoy

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    cheers mate, appreciate yours and other members help.

    I was aiming for 3000 gallons, but worked out at 2600 gallons.

    nearly broke my ankle climbing in, extremely slippery when wet , slipped and badly twisted my ankle, had to hobble about to finish. but still worth it..

    when I slipped , I was lowering wet/dry hover in to hover up prior to fill up, hoover landed hard from a 4ft drop on to the painted floor, somehow it didn't even scratch the paint never mind crack the coating.. broken the wheels off it.. I was laying on the pond bottom soaking wet for about 10 mins in a lot of pain.. took another 10 mins to get out... torn ankle ligament.

    just waiting to water quality to improve, I put a post up yesterday and no one has replied, put a post on a koi facebook group and within mins got like 10 replies , all completely different opinions . some saying to not put fish in till next year... then kitsu koi saying put them in now..

  6. #24
    If you're transferring fish from water at about the same temperature as your pond, I'd agree with Chris (Kitsu Koi). Transfer them now subject to usual "new pond syndrome" precautions.

  7. Thanks anne, markini5, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Manky Sanke View Post
    If you're transferring fish from water at about the same temperature as your pond, I'd agree with Chris (Kitsu Koi). Transfer them now subject to usual "new pond syndrome" precautions.
    my only concern was my water parameters were off alittle.

    0.5 ammonia
    8 PH
    GH 18

    Everything else was perfect.

    tap water was
    0 ammonia
    7 PH

    I thought my second hand superbead 8000 filter caused a spike in these levels due to dead organic compounds
    the levels have remained the same after 4 days .

    pond bomb was added a few days ago, but I thought adding fish is the way to tick start the cycle? food chain.

  9. #26
    An ammonia level of 0.5 at a pH of 8.0 is obviously not ideal but it's below the maximum tolerable level for koi at any temperature below 20°C. (See the chart in my parameter guide below).

    You don't say what your nitrite reading is and, arguably, nitrite is more of a threat to koi welfare than ammonia. Of course, these two levels are likely to rise and you may have to use water changes along with no feeding to keep these two levels below the values in my parameter guide but, if you can do that until the biofilter matures, then there will be no threat to the koi from ammonia or nitrite.

    You haven't given your KH level but, with the high GH and a pH of 8.0 ,the KH isn't likely to be low but you should also include that in your testing regime anyway.

  10. Thanks markini5, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #27
    Sorry, although I've attached that guide a few times before, it didn't attach to my last post nor can I edit it. I'll try to attach it to a new post a.s.a.p.

  12. Thanks markini5, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #28
    Dunnit at last.

    Anyone who wants a copy that can be printed and laminated for future reference can download it from the document library on my site on this link. (To print it, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page):
    Ammonia chart


  14. Thanks markini5, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Manky Sanke View Post
    An ammonia level of 0.5 at a pH of 8.0 is obviously not ideal but it's below the maximum tolerable level for koi at any temperature below 20°C. (See the chart in my parameter guide below).

    You don't say what your nitrite reading is and, arguably, nitrite is more of a threat to koi welfare than ammonia. Of course, these two levels are likely to rise and you may have to use water changes along with no feeding to keep these two levels below the values in my parameter guide but, if you can do that until the biofilter matures, then there will be no threat to the koi from ammonia or nitrite.

    You haven't given your KH level but, with the high GH and a pH of 8.0 ,the KH isn't likely to be low but you should also include that in your testing regime anyway.
    id done all the reading with NT LABS pondlab 200 6 tests

    PH 8
    NH3 0.5
    NO2 0
    NO3 0
    KH 6
    GH 18

  16. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #30
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Flintshire
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks / Likes
    3206
    [QUOTE=Manky Sanke;279739]Dunnit at last.

    Anyone who wants a copy that can be printed and laminated for future reference can download it from the document library on my site on this link. (To print it, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page):
    Ammonia chart

    Well done Manky allways to the rescue where would we be without you,thank you.
    John

  18. Thanks markini5, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #31
    Thanks John,

    I'm always happy to put useful information into the public domain but, if it would be possible, what I really need is a printable statement for myself that I've been helpful so that I can print and laminate it and give it to the wife to prove that I am of some use sometimes.

  20. Thanks milaz, markini5, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #32
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Flintshire
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks / Likes
    3206
    I know the feeling Sid.
    John

  22. Thanks Manky Sanke Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:50 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.