Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 552
  1. #501
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Does anyone have a remedy for getting rid of suction cup marks on their window? Itís starting to p£&@ me off now and nothing seems to work??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #502
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    Is it a glass window.if so use acetone or like me i used our lasses nail varnish remover lol. Then give a clean with window cleaner and use a micro fiber cloth to polish it.andi

  4. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #503
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    Is it a glass window.if so use acetone or like me i used our lasses nail varnish remover lol. Then give a clean with window cleaner and use a micro fiber cloth to polish it.andi
    Cheers andi, will give it a try. Trouble is that some of the marks are on the inside so means draining down to clean it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #504
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    Try the scouer part of a sponge on inside,thats how i clean mine. Andi

  8. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #505
    Moderator Rank = Grand Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,996
    Thanks / Likes
    2579
    These are good for stubborn marks on the inside
    https://www.johnlewis.com/oxo-good-g...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

  10. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #506
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Ended up buying some glass cloth and with a gentle rub with scotch brite the glass has come up trumps with no marks now, what a difference!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #507
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    I am struggling to reduce the ph in the pond for some reason, itís still hanging around at the 9 mark, Iíve tested the mains feed and it is coming out spot on 7 and have done a few 25% water changes but the ph doesnít seem to be going down, as mentioned previously there is no concrete leaching lime as there is no concrete in contact with the water???

    Any thoughts??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #508
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    bicarb,i used to put this in old pond to keep a steady ph,andi

  15. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #509
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    bicarb,i used to put this in old pond to keep a steady ph,andi
    Whatís the ratio you recommend andi?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #510
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    do you have any plants in pond,im sure i once got told photosynthesis can affect ph,and

  18. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #511
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    do you have any plants in pond,im sure i once got told photosynthesis can affect ph,and
    Nah none andi, straight up fibreglassed pond through a drum and bio chamber


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #512
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    100g per 1000g per day is what i used to put in,its cheap on the bay of fleas lol,andi

  21. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #513
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    also check at different times during day to see if youve got a ph swing going on,andi

  23. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #514
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    100g per 1000g per day is what i used to put in,its cheap on the bay of fleas lol,andi
    Will give it a try in a couple of days andi, fish donít seem bothered just now but want to get the levels sorted cheers mate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #515
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    not suffering with the weed are you,an algae bloom can mess your ph up as during the day the algae eats all the co2,so turns the water more alkali,andi

  26. Thanks Skoosh88 Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #516
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    not suffering with the weed are you,an algae bloom can mess your ph up as during the day the algae eats all the co2,so turns the water more alkali,andi
    Next to no weed whatsoever, bottom has a green tint to it but thatís all, that why I find it a bit strange that the ph isnít dropping


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #517
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Iím starting to consider my options for fitting an amalgam uv come the start of spring. Traditionally people install the uv in the drum but being a bit of a nosey bugger I always like to lift the lid to have a look inside which would obviously be dangerous with the big bulb staring back at me. The other option is in the bio filter below all the K1 but would this mean that the nasty bugs and weed would be killed in the bio box and end up being churned around in there creating maintenance to be done in the bio box?

    Thoughts?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #518
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks / Likes
    1881
    easy way round this,wire the amalgam through a contact switch,so when you lift lid it cuts power to light,if you put it in bio chamber it will kill good and bad bio as uv light isnt fussy,my drums already have fitted so if you lift lid then the drum wont turn,andi

  30. Thanks Skoosh88, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #519
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Gosai davec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    300
    Thanks / Likes
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoosh88 View Post
    Iím starting to consider my options for fitting an amalgam uv come the start of spring. Traditionally people install the uv in the drum but being a bit of a nosey bugger I always like to lift the lid to have a look inside which would obviously be dangerous with the big bulb staring back at me. The other option is in the bio filter below all the K1 but would this mean that the nasty bugs and weed would be killed in the bio box and end up being churned around in there creating maintenance to be done in the bio box?

    Thoughts?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the drum not bio as said I donít have a cut off switch on my submersible uv I just turn it off if Iím looking inside drum and I have a pair of uv safety glasses I wear as well but I always turn it off at switch and have a note on drum lid to remind me to always switch off and always put the glasses on as soon as go in filter house just incase


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. Thanks Skoosh88, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #520
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    453
    Thanks / Likes
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by andikoi View Post
    easy way round this,wire the amalgam through a contact switch,so when you lift lid it cuts power to light,if you put it in bio chamber it will kill good and bad bio as uv light isnt fussy,my drums already have fitted so if you lift lid then the drum wont turn,andi
    Thatís a great idea andi


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.