Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 330
  1. #21
    Hello Fred, the railings are going to be around waste height, due the the drop off the decking they need to be quite high and robust. My builder setup one span so we could see how it looked, am really pleased with it . We were thinking of having glass panels but due to the cost and the pain in keeping them clean ( so I was advised ) we're going for the wooden ones.

    20180513_121759_HDR.jpg

    I'll try to include a few more photos with my posts going forward.

  2. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #22
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    661
    Thanks / Likes
    1040
    Looking really nice good job

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  4. Thanks freddyboy, Eifion Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eifion View Post
    Hello Fred, the railings are going to be around waste height, due the the drop off the decking they need to be quite high and robust. My builder setup one span so we could see how it looked, am really pleased with it . We were thinking of having glass panels but due to the cost and the pain in keeping them clean ( so I was advised ) we're going for the wooden ones.

    20180513_121759_HDR.jpg

    I'll try to include a few more photos with my posts going forward.
    looks really affective. it probably would be a nightmare to clean glass windows. love the decking and the railing

  6. Thanks Eifion Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #24
    Hello all, another update : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWml...12zf3xw03c010c

    Decking pretty much complete, I've had change of plan on the site of the filter house due to the level being a little too high . Starting digging out a trench for the pipe work .

    Planning on having the return pump as near as possible to the pond return ( as opposed to the filter house ) .

    Some photo's :
    P1030821.jpg

    20180518_171916_HDR.jpg

    P1030832.jpg
    P1030833.jpg

    Cheers .

  8. Thanks Ajm, RJW2012, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #25
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    661
    Thanks / Likes
    1040
    Beautiful mate really nice

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  10. Thanks Eifion, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #26
    Second that realy nice. Fom me. Pass on to your builders that there doing a great job. And give yourself a pat on the back.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks Eifion, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #27
    Hello all, an update on progress ,

    It's been one of those weeks, a few rainy days stopping work and doing some of the unglamorous jobs , digging trenches , cleaning out the IBC ( soon to be filter ) etc . Here's a link to the youtube update for this week :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsKtpA4VO0
    Lots of local wildlife making an appearance again


    Just bought my drum filter from Springbankkoi, an AEM easydrum , been waiting for my next credit card billing month to start
    . I'll do a full review on the drum and moving bed filter over the coming weeks .


    Here's a few photo's :


    P1030876.JPGP1030879.JPGP1030878.JPGP1030882.JPG
    P1030880.JPGP1030881.JPG
    Last edited by Eifion; 28-05-2018 at 07:39 PM.

  14. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, keithatrax Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #28
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Nanasai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    521
    Thanks / Likes
    1102
    How on earth you get anything done with all that wildlife right on your doorstep is beyond me I would be in my element
    and nothing would get done that's for sure. At least you know when its going to rain.....the cows lay down .
    like your choice of background music as well…..

  16. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, Eifion, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #29
    Brilliant. Can t say it enough . Love it.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  18. Thanks Eifion, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #30
    Hello all, another weeks progress on the pond, just about to get to the really interesting stuff .

    Pond up to final height, bottom drain cemented in place :
    P1030902.JPG

    Levels ready for base for filter house :
    P1030912.JPG

    50 ltrs of hel-x 13 arrived
    P1030919.JPG

    More detail on this weeks youtube upload : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMlMwXXqfhA


    Pond window should be here on Monday, hopfully the drum filter will arrive later in the week. I'll try to do some in depth video's on these

  20. Thanks Ajm, anne, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #31
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    661
    Thanks / Likes
    1040
    Looking good . Love watching your videos just beautiful keep them coming

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  22. Thanks Eifion, anne, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #32
    Loving the progress so far dude. It might of been asked already but what you reckon the total litre/ gallons will be one the pond is full?

  24. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansea-Dan View Post
    Loving the progress so far dude. It might of been asked already but what you reckon the total litre/ gallons will be one the pond is full?
    Hello Dan, the pond will be around 12,000 ltrs. The total volume will be more when including filters ( the IBC has 1,000 ltr capacity ) and long length of pipes to the filter house. I'll have to use a flow meter when I fill it to confirm.

  26. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #34
    Don t forget to pp your helx13 media before hand. Makes lt mature faster. I myself added 50lts to my k1
    2 months ago. And it is already brown. I was impressed. With how quick it matures compared to k1.
    Great progress. Looking good.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  28. Thanks Eifion Thanked / Liked this Post
  29. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Don t forget to pp your helx13 media before hand. Makes lt mature faster. I myself added 50lts to my k1
    2 months ago. And it is already brown. I was impressed. With how quick it matures compared to k1.
    Great progress. Looking good.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

    Thanks Freddy, what's PP? Is it a bacteria boost?

    I was thinking of adding the Hel-x into the IBC now to start it maturing but wasn't sure if when I fill the pond the tap water would kill the bacteria. I am going to use a chlorine filter on the hose pipe so maybe it would be OK?

    Thanks

  30. Thanks john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #36
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    661
    Thanks / Likes
    1040
    In the general heading there is a sticky thread I find very useful full of all terms

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  32. Thanks Eifion, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #37
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    3,639
    Thanks / Likes
    4499
    Just caught up with your build Eifion,absolutely love it you lucky man.
    10mls North of Swansea are you near Carmarthen?

    There is a koi farmer near there maybe worth a visit,i have had a lot of koi off him all small and very good quality.
    Get some Sodium thiosulphate when you fill up it will get rid of chlorine and very cheap,keep up the great work.
    John

  34. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm, Eifion, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Eifion View Post
    Thanks Freddy, what's PP? Is it a bacteria boost?

    I was thinking of adding the Hel-x into the IBC now to start it maturing but wasn't sure if when I fill the pond the tap water would kill the bacteria. I am going to use a chlorine filter on the hose pipe so maybe it would be OK?

    Thanks
    No pp is for killing certain bad bacteria. And cleaning such as nets. Like a disinfection. If i bought a second hand filter say. This is what i would clean it out with.
    And we use it to take the top film of k1 and helx13 media. It helps it to mature faster.

    When i did it. I left it to soak in pp over night. Then thoroughly cleaned it off with hose pipe in a fishing net.
    Helps it to mature a lot faster.

    As john said. Put ST in your pond fill up. And chlorine problem is gone. Cheap as chips of ebay.

    When you start adding fish you will have new pond syndrome on your plate. So you will be spiking with ammonia nitrite. So lots of water changes. And the st will be invaluble.
    It took my new pond 18 months to mature. And half my filter media was 8 years old.

    I also have 3 pod filter dechorinater
    They still let clorine through.
    So thats why we use st.
    I trickle in and out at 10% water change a week as well.
    Hope this helps.
    Fred


    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  36. Thanks Ajm, Eifion Thanked / Liked this Post
  37. #39
    I put evolution aqua pond balls. And 2x evolution aqua pond bombs in my filters to get them going.


    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  38. Thanks Ajm, Eifion Thanked / Liked this Post
  39. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Just caught up with your build Eifion,absolutely love it you lucky man.
    10mls North of Swansea are you near Carmarthen?

    There is a koi farmer near there maybe worth a visit,i have had a lot of koi off him all small and very good quality.
    Get some Sodium thiosulphate when you fill up it will get rid of chlorine and very cheap,keep up the great work.
    Hello John, I'm more directly North of Swansea, not as far West as Carmarthen , but not too far away . Very interested to hear there's koi farmer near by, I have been struggling to find anyone local . Could you let me know their contact details please ?

    Thanks for the tip on Sodium thiosulphate .

  40. Thanks freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:39 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.