Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 421 to 440 of 440
  1. #421
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    I'm the first 2 admit that I didn't realise there was that much 2 keeping fish well I allways new it's about keeping water but there's a lot I need 2 get 2 no thanks 4 every1s help so far

  2. Thanks freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #422
    The pond keeping has only just begun mate. The build was the easy part.
    Haha
    i went through hell my first 18 months mate. 52 fish went in the pond in a oner. Big rip in my holding tank. Had no choice straight in the pond. The water had only been in for 3 days.
    So you can imagine. No mature filters or pond maturity.
    About nine of my fish where 2 foot long. 18 years old.
    But i have got there now. I have had tons of pond bombs and all the filter starts. I still wonder if they work.
    So keep an eye on the water testing.
    Lots to learn. And thats what this great site gives us. Knoledge
    Haha. Enjoy mate
    Fred


    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks Scotts koi, Ajm, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #423
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Ive put 5 in and still got 6 2 put in would u say just put them all in?? In my little pond its got 1 of them black box filters the plastic media thats in that is it worth puting that in the media of the nexus 4 a bit???

  6. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotts koi View Post
    Ive put 5 in and still got 6 2 put in would u say just put them all in?? In my little pond its got 1 of them black box filters the plastic media thats in that is it worth puting that in the media of the nexus 4 a bit???
    If it is mature mate get it in there

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks Scotts koi, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #425
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    If it is mature mate get it in there

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    its years old just a black box filter with the big round bits of plastic in!?

  10. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #426
    Put it in a net bag. And drop it in
    Then you can pull it out anytime.
    How much media is in your nexus
    Mate. In my 320 nexus. There is 300 liters. Half k1 and half helx13
    Did you pp your media first. It mature quicker. It take the top protection of.
    Or thats what i am led to believe.
    I put 75lts of hex13in 7 weeks ago.
    And its nice and brown already.
    That matures bloody quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotts koi View Post
    its years old just a black box filter with the big round bits of plastic in!?
    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #427
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Put it in a net bag. And drop it in
    Then you can pull it out anytime.
    How much media is in your nexus
    Mate. In my 320 nexus. There is 300 liters. Half k1 and half helx13
    Did you pp your media first. It mature quicker. It take the top protection of.
    Or thats what i am led to believe.
    I put 75lts of hex13in 7 weeks ago.
    And its nice and brown already.
    That matures bloody quickly.


    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    That's a good idea with net!! I don't no how much is in there it was a second hand 300 Is it better 2 have the micro stuff in the centre? When cleaning it doesn't bible like the outer is this because there's 2 much in? I took all the discs out as i was told it's no good!!?

  14. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotts koi View Post
    That's a good idea with net!! I don't no how much is in there it was a second hand 300 Is it better 2 have the micro stuff in the centre? When cleaning it doesn't bible like the outer is this because there's 2 much in? I took all the discs out as i was told it's no good!!?
    I dont have anything in my centre as i have draco drum in there.
    I have 300 lts of k1 and hex13 in my outer side for cleaning and bio side of things.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  16. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotts koi View Post
    That's a good idea with net!! I don't no how much is in there it was a second hand 300 Is it better 2 have the micro stuff in the centre? When cleaning it doesn't bible like the outer is this because there's 2 much in? I took all the discs out as i was told it's no good!!?
    You could have to much in there. Take half a cup out at a time. Boil it.
    Then another half cup. Until it boils.
    If to much took out. And still does not boil.
    Then you have a problem with the air. Or something else is wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  17. Thanks Scotts koi Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #430
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Added the last of my koi yesterday 11 in there now and put the bag of coral out my black box filter of the old pond ive put in in outer of nexus
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm, john1, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #431
    Can t realy see them fish properly with red background. Of the bowl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotts koi View Post
    Added the last of my koi yesterday 11 in there now and put the bag of coral out my black box filter of the old pond ive put in in outer of nexus
    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks john1, Scotts koi, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #432
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Flintshire
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks / Likes
    2435
    Looking good Scott,like no 3 going to be a big fish i think,hows the roof going?
    John

  23. Thanks freddyboy, Scotts koi, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #433
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Been looking at a blue koi bowl it's all I had the red 1!! Just need Polly on roof now and a bit of gutter the pitch bit was the hard bit! polly Just so expensive!!

  25. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #434
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Gosai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    305
    Thanks / Likes
    468
    That's not a fish john, that's an Orca whale, you are just going to have to
    enlarge the pond scotts koi.....

  27. Thanks Ajm, Scotts koi, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #435
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    What's people thoughts on this any good my dad's just got it
    Attached Images Attached Images

  29. #436
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    I went with this
    Attached Images Attached Images

  30. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  31. #437
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Air pump gave up tryed fixing it but order a new diaphragm kit hopfull this will sort it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  32. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  33. #438
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    338
    Thanks / Likes
    386
    Always some it with koi mate . Why do we do it to our selves e (other than enjoyment and passion like)

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  34. Thanks Scotts koi, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  35. #439
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Always some it with koi mate . Why do we do it to our selves e (other than enjoyment and passion like)

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Its 1 of the only second hand thinks ive broght and its lasted just over a week 20qid tho a aqua 120 diaphragm kit 40 but said i need 2 ill just swap the 1 side 4 now see how i go fingers x that will sort it as a new 1s not cheap!!

  36. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  37. #440
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Scotts koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    314
    Thanks / Likes
    354
    Will the media in the nexus b ok without air going into it 4 a couple of days with it all being new??

 

 
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.