Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    592
    Thanks / Likes
    1057

    Just come across this place near Gatwick Airport

    Looks a good

    https://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk...4aAmPEEALw_wcB



  2. Thanks Rusho Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Junior Member Rank = Fry Rusho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Jersey C.I.
    Posts
    11
    Thanks / Likes
    9
    Thanks for the tip

  4. Thanks Tom Koi Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    592
    Thanks / Likes
    1057
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusho View Post
    Thanks for the tip
    I haven't been there, it came up on a Google search looking for places near my area, not a lot around here

  6. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,194
    Thanks / Likes
    4695
    Interesting find, never knew they existed. But note all the Koi are Israeli or Thai.
    This might just be me, but the boast about doubling their Koi health guarantee to 10 days actually put me off.

    I personally didn't see any Koi that I thought were value for money.
    Nor the Fancy Goldfish either, and I have a bit of experience with those.


    For Koi in the Gatwick area you can't beat Gatwick Koi, and no need for a "health guarantee" from there as the Koi are heat cycled and quarantined for up to 3 Months.

    And if you are soon to be in the market for Koi in the Gatwick area, Gary is in Japan right now and has bought a shed load of fish which will be coming in over the next couple of weeks.

  7. Thanks Tom Koi, Ajm, smartin Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks / Likes
    4163
    Would love to visit some where like that where they personally go over to Japan. I dont think we have any thing like that up here

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  9. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    592
    Thanks / Likes
    1057
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Interesting find, never knew they existed. But note all the Koi are Israeli or Thai.
    This might just be me, but the boast about doubling their Koi health guarantee to 10 days actually put me off.

    I personally didn't see any Koi that I thought were value for money.
    Nor the Fancy Goldfish either, and I have a bit of experience with those.


    For Koi in the Gatwick area you can't beat Gatwick Koi, and no need for a "health guarantee" from there as the Koi are heat cycled and quarantined for up to 3 Months.

    And if you are soon to be in the market for Koi in the Gatwick area, Gary is in Japan right now and has bought a shed load of fish which will be coming in over the next couple of weeks.
    Didn't realise they were Israeli Koi, I was just doing a google search and came across the company and thought I'd post it up.
    My lad lives in Horsham and we popped to Gatwick Koi about a month ago when Wifey and I were up there, lovely fish and worlds apart from what I'd seen previously for sale and since, when my pond eventually gets built, I'll stock it with british bred fish at the start and once Im happy with the pond, my plan would then be to buy a good few fish from Gary, but new pond syndrome and everything else would hopefully be settled, lovely fish and a nice fella and offered me loads of advice.

  10. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,194
    Thanks / Likes
    4695
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajm View Post
    Would love to visit some where like that where they personally go over to Japan. I dont think we have any thing like that up here

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I can visit for you mate.

    All you need to do is look on website and choose a Koi.

    Paypal me the money (friends and family).

    I shall visit and video it if you like, and buy the Koi for you.

    Then I shall put it in my pond until next time your down this way to pick it up.

  11. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks / Likes
    4163
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    I can visit for you mate.

    All you need to do is look on website and choose a Koi.

    Paypal me the money (friends and family).

    I shall visit and video it if you like, and buy the Koi for you.

    Then I shall put it in my pond until next time your down this way to pick it up.
    Haha Haha why didn't I think of that Haha . Am still to excited waiting for what will be my best fish . Dont know if itll be frav as my chag has that spot . But that makes 4 new fish all to come at same time bit worried about filter so that'll do for a good while yet

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  12. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,194
    Thanks / Likes
    4695
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Koi View Post
    Didn't realise they were Israeli Koi,
    Me neither at first, I skimmed the Koi page and saw the words "Best Farms in the World" and "Japan".

    So I assumed they were Japanese Koi.

    After looking through the pictures I wasn't so sure and read a bit more, to discover they were Israeli and Thai.

  14. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    591
    Thanks / Likes
    731


    A snake I bought from them a few years ago, a heron got hold of it before I had a chance to see how it turned out Just come across this place near Gatwick Airport


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks Tom Koi Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    592
    Thanks / Likes
    1057
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Me neither at first, I skimmed the Koi page and saw the words "Best Farms in the World" and "Japan".

    So I assumed they were Japanese Koi.

    After looking through the pictures I wasn't so sure and read a bit more, to discover they were Israeli and Thai.
    Bit crafty of them that, doh!!

  17. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    592
    Thanks / Likes
    1057
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoosh88 View Post


    A snake I bought from them a few years ago, a heron got hold of it before I had a chance to see how it turned out Just come across this place near Gatwick Airport


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice fish that looks, my dogs will see the Heron off, they hate birds in the garden.

  19. #13
    I bought a shusui of them a couple of years ago. Never had a problem with it. it has doubled in size and has very good colouration to it. Think I paid about 35 for it at the time.

  20. Thanks Tom Koi Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:19 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.