Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 113 of 113

Thread: Microscope help

  1. #101
    Just scraped this one again

    He wasnít feeding this morning

    I could only find wha looked like a dead fluke






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #102
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,193
    Thanks / Likes
    10304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelkoi View Post
    I have a Bresser Microscope that I bought recently and it comes with a lead to connect to the laptop

    The only problem is that it fits in place of the sight pieces so you canít magnify more than 40x

    After Freds advice Iím going to hold off on adding salt to the pond.

    The Matsuba is still swimming around although not feeding

    I donít have a vet that I know but a friend of mine does and they said that there is no way that I can get hold of the Baytril so Iím not sure what to do next.

    What is the best quarantine procedure when you buy new fish?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every one is different how they add new fish.
    I have a 500gallon QT and grow on. And any new fish go in there for a few months.
    Before I had that built. I had to scrape them before adding to the pond. None never had anything. But if they had. I would have dipped them in a treatment. Scraped then if clean add to the pond.
    I have 12 little ones now in there growing on. Bought at 3 to 4 inch. There now 8 inch. And temperature is 20c. They will stay there until next summer. Getting lots of food. Over winter. I watch them all the time to see if they flash and jump. If so scrape and treat. That's how I add fish to my pond now. They have been in there 5 months now. Not shown any signs of parasites. So I reckon they are clean.
    That's my way now. You can t beat a qt grow on. It adds a bit more fun to the hobby.
    Plus it's there for the larger fish in the pond if they become ill.
    I had one in there with ulcer 3 months ago
    After the flukes and whitespot.
    Salted it to 0.3 for a week then upped the salt to 0.6. Temperature 25c. And it healed real quick once I had topically treated it.
    Fred




    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks Solvent Cement, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #103
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,193
    Thanks / Likes
    10304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelkoi View Post
    Just scraped this one again

    He wasnít feeding this morning

    I could only find wha looked like a dead fluke






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even though you think you have seen a dead fluke. Still treat for flukes. Looks like the fmg has done some work on the flukes.
    There still might be eggs mate.
    I would treat twice still with fluke solve.
    Just to bloody make sure.
    Fingers crossed where nearly there.
    Also you could end up with something else
    As the fish are very weak right now. Immune system is right down so they are vulnerable right now.
    That happened to me lol.
    Flukes then whitespot
    Fred

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks Solvent Cement, anne, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #104
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Yonsai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    181
    Thanks / Likes
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelkoi View Post
    I have a Bresser Microscope that I bought recently and it comes with a lead to connect to the laptop

    The only problem is that it fits in place of the sight pieces so you canít magnify more than 40x

    After Freds advice Iím going to hold off on adding salt to the pond.

    The Matsuba is still swimming around although not feeding

    I donít have a vet that I know but a friend of mine does and they said that there is no way that I can get hold of the Baytril so Iím not sure what to do next.

    What is the best quarantine procedure when you buy new fish?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can get baytril on eBay if it comes to it

  8. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #105
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai LouiseR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    107
    Thanks / Likes
    155
    Your friend is wrong Gelkoi, some Vets may be reluctant to prescribe Baytril, others will. You could try your local Vets first, there are plenty in your area. Alternatively, there’s a list of Vets willing to treat ‘pet fish’ at www.fishvetsociety.org.uk - Matthew Fiddes/CJ Hall Veterinary Surgeons is in East Sheen, which is only about 40 mins away from you. Personally I would try to source Baytril ‘legitimately’ before resorting to EBay - you can’t be sure that what you buy will be genuine.

  10. Thanks anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #106
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Hassai anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    865
    Thanks / Likes
    2118
    Tell the vet you have been in contact with Dr Paula Reynolds and she recommends Baytril,
    they might want a contact number to confirm / talk to her, but other people have used it.

  12. Thanks freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #107
    Hi

    I lost another fish today and I have one more who looks sick

    I have scraped and found this at 10x magnification

    Any ideas?

    We are in despair!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #108

  15. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #109
    Hey Gelkoi at a guess I would say chilodnella. If it is fmg should fix it ! IMG_8732.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #110
    Hi

    Just an update

    Treated the pond with 5g of chloramine T per 100 gallons and it seems to have killed the bacterial infection

    I havenít lost a fish since


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #111
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,193
    Thanks / Likes
    10304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelkoi View Post
    Hi

    Just an update

    Treated the pond with 5g of chloramine T per 100 gallons and it seems to have killed the bacterial infection

    I havenít lost a fish since


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice one on the bacteria infection.
    Have you dealt with the chilodnella infection yet. Good luck
    Fred

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #112
    Hi Fred

    Would the Chloramine T at 5g per 100 gallons kill the chilo and flukes?

    I treated with 3 doses of Fmg before so I hope Iíve killed everything except the fish now.

    Iím reluctant to scrape again as I donít wonít to stress them out any more

    Would you recommend doing anything else?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #113
    Senior Member Rank = Supreme Champion freddyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,193
    Thanks / Likes
    10304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelkoi View Post
    Hi Fred

    Would the Chloramine T at 5g per 100 gallons kill the chilo and flukes?

    I treated with 3 doses of Fmg before so I hope Iíve killed everything except the fish now.

    Iím reluctant to scrape again as I donít wonít to stress them out any more

    Would you recommend doing anything else?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I had skin flukes I treat with CT to take the mucus of the fish only. Not to kill flukes.
    Then I used fluke P for colder temperatures. To kill the flukes.
    And fluke M in the summer at higher temperatures. To kill flukes.

    I have never had chilodnella. FMG is the recommended treatment.
    2nd is PP. But this is harsher on your fish
    3rd is salt dipping.
    Or treating pond with salt.
    But REMEMBER once salt is in the pond it's very hard to get out of the water

    And a lot of treatments you cannot use with salt.

    chilodnella is a fish killer and can kill the pond fish quickly.
    So I recommend you get rid of this first.
    Also it breeds in dead spots and dirty ponds and filters. Have you called Paula Reynolds at this link.
    Home
    As she is the expert.

    Hope this helps fred


    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:11 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.