Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 86 of 86
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Just one thing to point out....

    Not sure if you was serious about the thunderstorm or whether you were jokingly referring to the pond being a cauldron with all the air, but they say never to treat the pond when there is a thunderstorm brewing.

    I assume due to pressure / oxygen etc, although you clearly had plenty of oxygen.

    Also for any newbies who've not used PP before.... Until you're experienced using it (I'm not), never try and "chase" the colour. There's some disaster stories of first time users chasing the colour due to getting advice from people who know how to PP, but they are too inexperienced to know exactly what shade they're trying to achieve.

    This example is a total disaster and shows exactly what not to do:



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc0MKySenOg
    No was not joking about the storm bud it started 30 seconds after I put treatment in my pond full coverd anyway it never gets direct rain, and your right rs it's nasty stuff I only add the dose never add more plus it's got to be airated for 20 mins in hot water before use

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  2. Thanks Trace, freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #82
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Mature Champion Trace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,146
    Thanks / Likes
    1321
    God what a nightmare that video is ... I don't think I could just stand about filming with the fish going belly up ...
    About me: Back by popular demand ...

  4. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #83
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,534
    Thanks / Likes
    2761
    Nice one Stuffy....

    My post was more aimed towards newbies following the thread as opposed to yourself. As I was re-reading through the thread I put my "newbie" hat on, and thought ooh, there's some stuff said here that we understand, but a newbie might take too literally.

    I could picture the guy in that video reading a forum and chasing the colour without really knowing what he was doing and didn't want to risk a repeat.

  6. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy, anne Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Nice one Stuffy....

    My post was more aimed towards newbies following the thread as opposed to yourself. As I was re-reading through the thread I put my "newbie" hat on, and thought ooh, there's some stuff said here that we understand, but a newbie might take too literally.

    I could picture the guy in that video reading a forum and chasing the colour without really knowing what he was doing and didn't want to risk a repeat.
    Totally get it mate it's quite a complicated treatment unless as you said your experienced ,or do lots of research on it and can easily go very bad for not just the fish but apparently the gasses produced while mixing with hot water are poisonous so needs to be done outside I tend to get the air stone in the bucket of hot water at the end of the garden then add the pp and leave well alone for half hour tops before adding to pond, over airation reduces it's potency I've been told so is less effective,

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    Totally get it mate it's quite a complicated treatment unless as you said your experienced ,or do lots of research on it and can easily go very bad for not just the fish but apparently the gasses produced while mixing with hot water are poisonous so needs to be done outside I tend to get the air stone in the bucket of hot water at the end of the garden then add the pp and leave well alone for half hour tops before adding to pond, over airation reduces it's potency I've been told so is less effective,

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    They seem to be bouncing back and the water is getting better

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #86
    Senior Member Rank = Rokusai Tom Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    374
    Thanks / Likes
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    They seem to be bouncing back and the water is getting better

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully you're over the worse, some nice fish you've got to, sickener that must have been without wanting to state the obvious.
    Best of luck with it all

  12. Thanks Stuffyrat, john1, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:15 PM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.