Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790

    Short Video of my Koi 2019

    An update from last years video, might re-do the video when the sun to comes out cos there's cloud reflections on the water, but you can still see the Koi and the development (deterioration lol) since last year. There have been 4 new additions since last year, Big Sanke, Gin Matsuba, Showa and Kirin.

    Hariwake has lost his lemon, Shiro is losing Sumi, Shusui has lost its blue (turned black in hard water), and the 3 pond filler mutts (2x Sanke and 1x Kohaku) have finally started growing and I really like the Kohaku now... I think it looks good for a £16 Koi, but the video really doesn't show the bright colours well. The whites look brighter but the reds and blacks look duller in the vid..



    Direct link for Tapatalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIbB-naIsg





    And if you want to re-watch last years video here it is:





    Direct link for Tapatalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx1f-AO8wz4


    Last edited by RS2OOO; 18-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion 14crazychris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks / Likes
    701

    Short Video of my Koi 2019

    Looking really good Rs, that Kirin looks to be a really good example! Is that from the breeder Wada? Think thatís the breeder that started the variety.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YouTube channel- Chriskoi
    3000gallon fiberglass pond
    Ultrasieve midi
    Bubblebead 1.5
    Bakki shower

  3. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy, Ajm, dustykoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #3
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790
    Yes from Wada mate.

    Parents are 96cm Purachina (Not really a Purachina I don't believe, just a white Ogon of some description) and a 70 something cm Beni Kujaku. Purchased in April at 24cm and I've not measured her since but would say mid 30's now.

  5. Thanks 14crazychris, freddyboy, Ajm, dustykoi, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #4
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion 14crazychris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks / Likes
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Yes from Wada mate.

    Parents are 96cm Purachina (Not really a Purachina I don't believe, just a white Ogon of some description) and a 70 something cm Beni Kujaku. Purchased in April at 24cm and I've not measured her since but would say mid 30's now.
    Awesome! Yeah I visited his farm earlier this year and saw all his tategoi Kirin before they went out into the mud pond. Your one looks to be a nice example! Hope it grows well for you!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YouTube channel- Chriskoi
    3000gallon fiberglass pond
    Ultrasieve midi
    Bubblebead 1.5
    Bakki shower

  7. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy, Ajm, dustykoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  8. #5
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks / Likes
    7405
    Dont be putting them down mate they look great to me,some lovely koi and the Hariwake is awesome love them,nice big Sanke that.
    John

  9. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  10. #6
    All nice fish mate. But my favourite is the big sanke. Love it mate. I would have everyone of them in my pond mate.
    But 1st choice for me is the sanke.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  11. Thanks RS2OOO, Ajm, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #7
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion Ajm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    2,078
    Thanks / Likes
    4238
    Beautiful agree with fred would have all in my pond . Stunning but 1st is the kirin

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Johnathan

  13. Thanks freddyboy, RS2OOO, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  14. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    An update from last years video, might re-do the video when the sun to comes out cos there's cloud reflections on the water, but you can still see the Koi and the development (deterioration lol) since last year. There have been 4 new additions since last year, Big Sanke, Gin Matsuba, Showa and Kirin.

    Hariwake has lost his lemon, Shiro is losing Sumi, Shusui has lost its blue (turned black in hard water), and the 3 pond filler mutts (2x Sanke and 1x Kohaku) have finally started growing and I really like the Kohaku now... I think it looks good for a £16 Koi, but the video really doesn't show the bright colours well. The whites look brighter but the reds and blacks look duller in the vid..



    Direct link for Tapatalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIbB-naIsg





    And if you want to re-watch last years video here it is:





    Direct link for Tapatalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx1f-AO8wz4
    Nice fish bud

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks freddyboy, Ajm, dustykoi, RS2OOO, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #9
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Grand Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    N.Wales.
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks / Likes
    7405
    Not being funny Rs but is the first koi on the video the Kirin?
    John

  17. Thanks freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790
    Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Not being funny Rs but is the first koi on the video the Kirin?

    The one that races to reach me first with her gob wide open is definitely the Kirin.

    If I'm in the garden She even climbs OUT of the pond half onto the decking to see where I am and why I'm not feeding her. One day if something makes her jump when she's doing that she'll fall out of the pond.

  19. Thanks Ajm, RudeDogg1, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    129
    Thanks / Likes
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    The one that races to reach me first with her gob wide open is definitely the Kirin.

    If I'm in the garden She even climbs OUT of the pond half onto the decking to see where I am and why I'm not feeding her. One day if something makes her jump when she's doing that she'll fall out of the pond.
    The yellow and silvery white one?

  21. Thanks freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #12
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeDogg1 View Post
    The yellow and silvery white one?
    Yeah that's the one.

    The black should become more prominent on the scales as it ages so it will become a white koi with black markings on each scale and yellow splotches as they are now.

    All in theory of course as it's a new variety. Koi and water gardens still have some of its siblings on their website, around £150 each.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  23. Thanks RudeDogg1, Ajm, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #13
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai RudeDogg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    129
    Thanks / Likes
    51
    I like it something different

  25. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy, john1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #14
    Moderator Rank = Supreme Champion miles41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redditch, Worcestershire
    Posts
    8,536
    Thanks / Likes
    180
    Nice video and koi looking good. Thanks for sharing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1630 Gallon raised pond
    4" 'Avenue' bottom drain
    Estro sieve
    Econobead EB60 bead filter
    Sequence 18000 pump, 6000 pump on skimmer line
    Elecro 2kW in-line heater
    Evolution Aqua 70 air pump
    Standard wall skimmer
    Hozelock Vorton 55watt UV
    and some nice koi

  27. Thanks freddyboy, john1, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #15
    Very nice I like them all but my favourite is the Hi Utsuri that’s the one on my list will be getting one very soon .
    thank you for sharing

  29. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO, freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #16
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyreefer View Post
    Very nice I like them all but my favourite is the Hi Utsuri that’s the one on my list will be getting one very soon .
    thank you for sharing
    Glad someone likes that one.

    I like it too, but its one of those Koi that I forget is there now and again.

    The Hi Utsuri and the Kohaku both look much better in the flesh than on the video.

  31. Thanks freddyboy, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Glad someone likes that one.

    I like it too, but its one of those Koi that I forget is there now and again.

    The Hi Utsuri and the Kohaku both look much better in the flesh than on the video.
    Just watched video again. And I like the
    Shushi. Great colour and markings.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  33. Thanks RS2OOO, john1, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #18
    Senior Member Rank = Mature Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks / Likes
    4790
    Thanks Fred, did you watch it on last year's video or this year's? I think it's one of those that looked better last year before the blue turned black.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  35. Thanks freddyboy, john1, Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Thanks Fred, did you watch it on last year's video or this year's? I think it's one of those that looked better last year before the blue turned black.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I will have another look. Never noticed the date

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  37. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Thanks Fred, did you watch it on last year's video or this year's? I think it's one of those that looked better last year before the blue turned black.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I clicked on last link. Which I believe is last years video.
    Had another look and defo not black

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  38. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:50 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.