Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Annual measure up

    Had a few of my Kohaku out today for their annual measure so thought I would share. Nothing of show quality but great fun watching them develop.
    20171203_160410.jpg20171203_155613.jpg20171203_161358.jpg20171203_161005.jpg



  2. Thanks freddyboy, john1, hippo, Fishplanetkoi, Andre Asagi Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion Andy1671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    5,110
    Thanks / Likes
    1641
    All four of them are very nice. Certainly have put some growth on too
    5000 Gallon Fibreglassed Pond With 54" x 27" Infinity Window
    BD300 Drum Filter
    Artesian 0.5hp - Aquadyne 4.4c Beadfilter - PS4 Protein Shower
    Badu Eco Touch - EP20 UV Sterilizer - ASHP - Venturi
    Hi Blo 60 - Medo 45 - Spindrifter Bottom Drain
    Wide Mouthed Skimmer

  4. Thanks keithatrax, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    very nice. great looking fish.

  6. Thanks Andy1671, keithatrax, john1 Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Mature Champion john1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Flintshire
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks / Likes
    1840
    Lovely koi Keith,specially no 1 and 4.
    John

  8. Thanks keithatrax, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Moderator Rank = Grand Champion Feline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,275
    Thanks / Likes
    1671
    They all look great but particularly number 1- lovely pattern and lustre. I am a big Takigawa Kohaku fan and that fish is just lovely

    (Great koi photography skills- did you put a drop of vodka/sake in the water?)

  10. Thanks keithatrax, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion Davej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,094
    Thanks / Likes
    382
    Nice to see some Koi on the forum... After all that is what it is about.

    Great pics Keith,they are doing well,, skin looks very good, great lustre on them.. You must be pleased with them?

  12. Thanks Andy1671 Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    They all look great but particularly number 1- lovely pattern and lustre. I am a big Takigawa Kohaku fan and that fish is just lovely

    (Great koi photography skills- did you put a drop of vodka/sake in the water?)


    Thanks the first is one of my favourites too.
    This is the first year I used a drop of koi sedate and a fishing umbrella, made a big difference

  14. Thanks freddyboy, Feline Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Davej View Post
    Nice to see some Koi on the forum... After all that is what it is about.

    Great pics Keith,they are doing well,, skin looks very good, great lustre on them.. You must be pleased with them?
    Cheers Dave yes very happy up to now with the progress although I would of liked the first Kohaku to of hit 70cm but not too far away.
    Also going to have a play around with lighting next year as I feel the beni is a little weak on a few of them.

  16. #9

  17. Thanks freddyboy, Feline, Fishplanetkoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #10
    love number 4. there all good looking fish to me keith.

  19. Thanks keithatrax Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #11
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion Davej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,094
    Thanks / Likes
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by keithatrax View Post
    Cheers Dave yes very happy up to now with the progress although I would of liked the first Kohaku to of hit 70cm but not too far away.
    Also going to have a play around with lighting next year as I feel the beni is a little weak on a few of them.
    You never get exactly what you want... That's Koi keeping. One thing about Takigawa koi is that they may not grow as quickly at fish from other Southern breeders but do continue to grow and develop over a good few years, patience is at a premium with them

    Weak beni? are you talking thickness(depth) or colour?

  21. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Davej View Post
    You never get exactly what you want... That's Koi keeping. One thing about Takigawa koi is that they may not grow as quickly at fish from other Southern breeders but do continue to grow and develop over a good few years, patience is at a premium with them

    Weak beni? are you talking thickness(depth) or colour?
    Colour Dave I think the depth and quality is there it just looks a little orange rather than red on a few of the Kohaku but maybe this will come in time?

  22. #13
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Supreme Champion Davej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,094
    Thanks / Likes
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by keithatrax View Post
    Colour Dave I think the depth and quality is there it just looks a little orange rather than red on a few of the Kohaku but maybe this will come in time?
    To an extent it may come with time as the beni thickens when it stops being stretched by growth but some lines have different types of beni colours from others so to a large degree the die is already cast. In cooler water you may see a change.

    I have found that 3 / 4 weeks on colour feed can have an impact although it can muddy the whites... so its a dual edge sword.

    Crazy hobby!!

  23. Thanks keithatrax Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Davej View Post
    To an extent it may come with time as the beni thickens when it stops being stretched by growth but some lines have different types of beni colours from others so to a large degree the die is already cast. In cooler water you may see a change.

    I have found that 3 / 4 weeks on colour feed can have an impact although it can muddy the whites... so its a dual edge sword.

    Crazy hobby!!
    Ah ok that makes sense thanks for your input.

  25. #15
    Great looking fish mate and your doing very well


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. Thanks keithatrax Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by markf1fan View Post
    Great looking fish mate and your doing very well


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mark good to see you back

  28. Thanks markf1fan Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58 PM. Lure fishing | Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.