Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Vario pump 20000

    I've seen some mention on here about these pumps and I think it's Costal koi that's cheap, any ideas how much please I've found on on Amazon for 159.00 need to reduce power consumed as the Two pumps I'm running are pulling 400 w a hour ish

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk



  2. Thanks freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #2
    Hi i have just brought one the 20000ltr version the cage on the front is crap as it falls off really easy. I was looking at putting in pond today but the weather is why to hot. Once i get it up and running i can give you so more info.

  4. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester12345 View Post
    Hi i have just brought one the 20000ltr version the cage on the front is crap as it falls off really easy. I was looking at putting in pond today but the weather is why to hot. Once i get it up and running i can give you so more info.
    Yes that's the model I'm looking at but it would be running dry so wouldn't need the cage

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  6. Thanks freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #4
    The rest of the pump and cables look good i looked at superfish rc20000 before the ea one but the superfish had bad reports of breaking. What is it your after on the ea one if i can help?

  8. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester12345 View Post
    The rest of the pump and cables look good i looked at superfish rc20000 before the ea one but the superfish had bad reports of breaking. What is it your after on the ea one if i can help?
    Just something reliable and economical with decent flow rate I'm going to be reducing flow rate by 6000 lph if I go for the 20000 compared to what I'm pumping now just wanting to save few pennies on electric as the water pumps are using nearly 400 watts at the moment sorry saving 200 watts has gotta make a difference , It would mean the Two air pumps and uv with new pump would only be 430 w in total

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #6
    Senior Member Rank = Gosai Sim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    289
    Thanks / Likes
    416
    I have one on the pond is seem pretty good I run it dry.
    I bought it from coastal koi and they were giving 2 union to join it into the pipework, but I have fitted mine with rubber boots.
    You can here them but they are fairly quite, but then I'm comparing it with a flow friend that I have on the bakki and that is silent.
    They are a bit plasticky but for the money I think probably you can't beat them, easy to adjust the flow and tells you what power its using

  12. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #7
    Coastals over Aqua Forte? Same or is one better over the other (apart from money)?

  14. Thanks andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #8
    Senior Member Rank = Grand Champion andikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    wakefield,west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,298
    Thanks / Likes
    3282
    the aqua eco/aqua forte dm and pond expert variflow are all the same pump,im running 2 of the pond expert ones dry mounted and theyre great,theyre all jeboa TSP20000 rebadged and repackaged,i paid 200 each for mine from kitsu koi,i could of got the tsp ones from amazon for 159 but if anything goes wrong you have to mess about sending back and waiting for replacement,i can just jump in car and get swapped in same day,so the extra was worth it,,,,,andi

  16. Thanks Ajm Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #9
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Dudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    213
    Thanks / Likes
    492
    I bought one from Coastal Koi in May. Not switched it off or had reason to adjust the flow yet. Its just been doing a good job pushing water up through a bog filter to a head of about 3m and giving fantastic flow down two waterfalls.
    I will slow it down in the winter. I think I paid about 169. that's the 2000L model

  18. Thanks anne, freddyboy, Stuffyrat, andikoi Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I bought one from Coastal Koi in May. Not switched it off or had reason to adjust the flow yet. Its just been doing a good job pushing water up through a bog filter to a head of about 3m and giving fantastic flow down two waterfalls.
    I will slow it down in the winter. I think I paid about 169. that's the 2000L model
    Go my new pump but it has a two pin plug??? Did others get the same plug? Not sure if it's going to void my garuntee if I cut it off to connect to switch box, any ideas anyone ?

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  20. #11
    Senior Member Rank = Yonsai Dudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    213
    Thanks / Likes
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffyrat View Post
    Go my new pump but it has a two pin plug??? Did others get the same plug? Not sure if it's going to void my garuntee if I cut it off to connect to switch box, any ideas anyone ?

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Mine came with a standard 3 pin.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #12
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai dshaw63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    129
    Thanks / Likes
    62
    Could use travel adaptor plug to save cutting of 2 pin type, save any issues with warranties.

  22. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaw63 View Post
    Could use travel adaptor plug to save cutting of 2 pin type, save any issues with warranties.
    Too late it's been chopped lol I'm not arguing about warranty with them I live in England , I ordered it in England it should have UK plug, the cheaper one had sold out too so was 190 in the end but it's in running and saving me 98.15 pence a day according to the internet so fingers crossed it will pay for itself within a year

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  24. Thanks Ajm, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #14
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Sansai dshaw63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    129
    Thanks / Likes
    62
    My Superfish rc 1500 packed up this week pile of crap, will have to get on to Coastal and get one of these ordered as out of stock. On Superfish pump cant get head round 1.5 inlet and 2 inch outlet always think flood side should be bigger or at least equal size. Seems loads using these pumps so i need to be saving a pound a day as well soon start paying for itself.

  26. Thanks Stuffyrat, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaw63 View Post
    My Superfish rc 1500 packed up this week pile of crap, will have to get on to Coastal and get one of these ordered as out of stock. On Superfish pump cant get head round 1.5 inlet and 2 inch outlet always think flood side should be bigger or at least equal size. Seems loads using these pumps so i need to be saving a pound a day as well soon start paying for itself.
    Yes I got mine from Amazon next day delivery , and as you said large in large out bought a big splitter so goes from 52 mm out of pump to splitter then divides flow to two 40 mm outlets feeding nexus and Cetus sieve getting same water turn over as before , the Two pumps I used did supposedly 28000 lph and used 360 watts, I'm running this pump on 150 watts , must be the larger in and out, I'm happy with it

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  28. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:14 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.