Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Koi books

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    If you go on sparks forums as a DIYer and ask "How do I do this", the response will be, "If you don't know you shouldn't be doing it, call an electrician".
    Did they say what you had to call an electrician? was it Sir, Your Royal Highness or rich bloke

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    What a regs book !!!

    Well I bet you will find it says keep the lids of water proof sockets closed at all times so maybe it could save a £2K Koi Fred LOL
    haha brill

  3. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  4. #23
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,694
    Thanks / Likes
    3254
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Did they say what you had to call an electrician? was it Sir, Your Royal Highness or rich bloke
    They didn't seem to mind what you called them, only to remember they have families to feed and you should tip on top of any price they quote as they don't make a profit without tips which leaves their kids starving.

    And also they said for every electrical job you do yourself, you are forcing a spark's child to to starve whilst risking electrocuting yourself and your family.

    Unfortunately I cannot vouch for this as I'm still alive.
    Last edited by RS2OOO; 20-06-2019 at 02:34 PM.

  5. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  6. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    They didn't seem to mind what you called them, only to remember they have families to feed and you should tip on top of any price they quote as they don't make a profit without tips which leaves their kids starving.

    And also they said for every electrical job you do yourself, you are forcing a spark's child to to starve whilst risking electrocuting yourself and your family.

    Unfortunately I cannot vouch for this as I'm still alive.
    So they gave you the full SP then LOL

    My 2 cats and fish would starve in my case as I haven't got any dust bin lids

  7. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Very true... is this the book you have? I have read some of your posts in the past where you have treated ulcers etc and I think u refered to a book/guide and med kit?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    my mate lee who is on here. taught me about ulcers lol. and a lot more, but I have learned quite a bit off Duncans book. But mostly I have learned of the people on this site lol. Electrics and sockets Frim. KH and ST John1. medical treatments
    that book plus familyman ,voodoo, Davej, lee, you learn more of a thread on this site lol, there just a few people with vast knowledge. on treating ulcers myself . I have won some and lost some. what I have learned now though is the signs, to act quicker, which helps to save them.

  8. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, Dawson, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    my mate lee who is on here. taught me about ulcers lol. and a lot more, but I have learned quite a bit off Duncans book. But mostly I have learned of the people on this site lol. Electrics and sockets Frim. KH and ST John1. medical treatments
    that book plus familyman ,voodoo, Davej, lee, you learn more of a thread on this site lol, there just a few people with vast knowledge. on treating ulcers myself . I have won some and lost some. what I have learned now though is the signs, to act quicker, which helps to save them.
    Think you have missed a few names there Fred LOL

  10. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Think you have missed a few names there Fred LOL
    I know lol. but I could still be writing names at midnight tonight. what my point is lol, just right a thread on the problem. and you will get some one who has knowledge on the subject.
    Names lol like who have I missed.

  11. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  12. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    I know lol. but I could still be writing names at midnight tonight. what my point is lol, just right a thread on the problem. and you will get some one who has knowledge on the subject.
    Names lol like who have I missed.
    I know what you mean I was only messing with you Fred LOL

  13. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    Think you have missed a few names there Fred LOL
    Andi, RS, BCC,AJ, Dave vr6, f--- this I will be here forever

  15. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  16. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimley Koi keeper View Post
    I know what you mean I was only messing with you Fred LOL
    I know you ladle stiring barsteward. got me there good style.

  17. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  18. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    I know you ladle stiring barsteward. got me there good style.
    Haha brill LOL

  19. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  20. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    my mate lee who is on here. taught me about ulcers lol. and a lot more, but I have learned quite a bit off Duncans book. But mostly I have learned of the people on this site lol. Electrics and sockets Frim. KH and ST John1. medical treatments
    that book plus familyman ,voodoo, Davej, lee, you learn more of a thread on this site lol, there just a few people with vast knowledge. on treating ulcers myself . I have won some and lost some. what I have learned now though is the signs, to act quicker, which helps to save them.
    Yeah, I hope to learn a lot from this forum... already learning a lot and getting inspiration for my build from posts like yours, feline and grays in the construction section (To name a few).

    I am buying familymans pond (equipment) so hope to have a nice chat with him when I collect it all!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  21. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  22. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Yeah, I hope to learn a lot from this forum... already learning a lot and getting inspiration for my build from posts like yours, feline and grays in the construction section (To name a few).

    I am buying familymans pond (equipment) so hope to have a nice chat with him when I collect it all!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a plan, good luck

  23. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  24. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Yeah, I hope to learn a lot from this forum... already learning a lot and getting inspiration for my build from posts like yours, feline and grays in the construction section (To name a few).

    I am buying familymans pond (equipment) so hope to have a nice chat with him when I collect it all!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    good on you mate you will learn a lot of him mate. and the gear your getting is very good for a pond.

  25. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  26. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    good on you mate you will learn a lot of him mate. and the gear your getting is very good for a pond.
    Yeah, it's a shame he is closing his pond but perfect timing for me.

    I had decided that was the setup I wanted (with help from him and a few others in my pond design thread) and then he posts that he is closing down , selling all of the equipment I had decided to put in my build.... perfect! Well not quite as I had originally planned on a smaller drum and smaller bio chamber but I guess bigger is better and certainly more value for money!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  27. Thanks freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  28. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Yeah, I hope to learn a lot from this forum... already learning a lot and getting inspiration for my build from posts like yours, feline and grays in the construction section (To name a few).

    I am buying familymans pond (equipment) so hope to have a nice chat with him when I collect it all!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    thanks for the kind words mate. are you a sparky same as frim. if not. he knows his stuff on sparky side. get loads of photo s up on your build. we all love they old photo s especially me lol

  29. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    thanks for the kind words mate. are you a sparky same as frim. if not. he knows his stuff on sparky side. get loads of photo s up on your build. we all love they old photo s especially me lol
    I was a maintenance sparky for 18 years, didn't do much house wiring except for jobs on the side. So not the same as frim but yeah I know what I'm doing with the electrics.

    Yeah I will get a pond build thread started soon... hoping to start digging next weekend!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  31. Thanks freddyboy, Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    I was a maintenance sparky for 18 years, didn't do much house wiring except for jobs on the side. So not the same as frim but yeah I know what I'm doing with the electrics.

    Yeah I will get a pond build thread started soon... hoping to start digging next weekend!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    nice one mate I will be following. as I love a new pond build. good luck with it mate. and I hope the weather improves for you. you doing it yourself. or a firm doing the build.

  33. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    nice one mate I will be following. as I love a new pond build. good luck with it mate. and I hope the weather improves for you. you doing it yourself. or a firm doing the build.
    I'll be doing it myself I think, the wife did get a quote off a local landscaper but he couldn't goto the depth I wanted and couldn't do this and that... sounded more like well you'll get what i build not what you've designed

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  35. Thanks Frimley Koi keeper, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  36. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    I was a maintenance sparky for 18 years, didn't do much house wiring except for jobs on the side. So not the same as frim but yeah I know what I'm doing with the electrics.

    Yeah I will get a pond build thread started soon... hoping to start digging next weekend!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I've been an electrician for nearly 35 years now and have done industrial, commercial, domestic and maintenance jobs but now stick to domestic as if they don't want to pay up you know where they live

  37. Thanks Dawson, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.