Welcome to Koi Forum. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    Nope, not helping.

    Worse still, mine is coming 2nd class.

    (I told him to send it 2nd class as I wont be home to take delivery till Thursday anyway).
    Still a bargain RS. I paid full price for new one.
    So that should now make you feel better mate

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  2. Thanks Ajm, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  3. #62
    Same chap I bought a Clarity CL3 for £35 off a lithe while back. This time also bought a couple of bags of electric switch boxes including a 7 junction Blagdon and a load of new ball valves, pipe etc for another £5. The advantage of being able to collect in Wales I guess

  4. Thanks freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  5. #63
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    Here you go.... Another Minigrab up for sale, looks as good as new, boxed with bidding starting at £20

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apex-Mini...wAAOSwQWRc578Y

  6. Thanks freddyboy, Djstiles999 Thanked / Liked this Post
  7. #64

  8. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  9. #65
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Mature Champion Trace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,137
    Thanks / Likes
    1309
    I got my practitioner brand new from Amazon Warehouse as a damaged box deal with faulty LED apparently £60 delivered ... ... The box had one of the four lid flaps missing the rest of it was perfect and there was nothing wrong with the LED so Amazon is always worth a look too.

    Wouldn't mind a digital interface for it ... is the minigrab the only one that fits and any good or is there other models?
    About me: Back by popular demand ...

  10. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  11. #66
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    In all honesty I think 2 megapixels is a little lame.
    The field of view is much smaller than using the eye piece so it takes a fair bit longer to search through the whole side.

    Obvious advantage is that it saves your eyes.

    The image is pretty good and the magnification is definitely more than 10x that you get through the eye piece and therefore you should be able to see all parasites without using the x40 objective. At x400 you can see cells moving about.

    The software that comes with it is excellent wit lots of features and easy to use.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  13. #67
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Mature Champion Trace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,137
    Thanks / Likes
    1309
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    In all honesty I think 2 megapixels is a little lame.
    The field of view is much smaller than using the eye piece so it takes a fair bit longer to search through the whole side.

    Obvious advantage is that it saves your eyes.

    The image is pretty good and the magnification is definitely more than 10x that you get through the eye piece and therefore you should be able to see all parasites without using the x40 objective. At x400 you can see cells moving about.

    The software that comes with it is excellent wit lots of features and easy to use.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah 2MP seemed a bit out of date now ... I like 200x for searching ... what's it like at that?
    About me: Back by popular demand ...

  14. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  15. #68
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    I don't think you'll need or be able to obtain x200 because with the minigrab what is x100 through the eye piece seems to show on the screen as x150 and what is normally x400 through the eye piece looks more like x500 on the screen.

    As I said the field of view is much smaller through the minigrab which does make it take longer to cover the whole slide.

    All that said if you can get it for £20 it's well worth it, and having the facility to take screen grabs and recordings is great. There are numerous adjustments available to increase sharpness etc... The software is really good.

    For me I found being able to see cells moving was an eye opener, and I couldn't see them looking down the eye piece, only on the screen.

    At high magnification it is difficult to get a perfectly clear picture, I guess due to the lack of megapixels.


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  16. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  17. #69
    Extreme Koi Member Rank = Mature Champion Trace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,137
    Thanks / Likes
    1309
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    I don't think you'll need or be able to obtain x200 because with the minigrab what is x100 through the eye piece seems to show on the screen as x150 and what is normally x400 through the eye piece looks more like x500 on the screen.

    As I said the field of view is much smaller through the minigrab which does make it take longer to cover the whole slide.

    All that said if you can get it for £20 it's well worth it, and having the facility to take screen grabs and recordings is great. There are numerous adjustments available to increase sharpness etc... The software is really good.

    For me I found being able to see cells moving was an eye opener, and I couldn't see them looking down the eye piece, only on the screen.

    At high magnification it is difficult to get a perfectly clear picture, I guess due to the lack of megapixels.


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    x150 might be alright then ... yeah I don't need 4 or 500 ... what are you looking for at that mag ... the colour of the costia's eyeballs? ...
    About me: Back by popular demand ...

  18. Thanks freddyboy, RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  19. #70
    I think there a brilliant bit of kit.
    Saves my old eyeballs.
    The software i got was crap. So i found another one online that works for me.
    They really help

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  20. Thanks RS2OOO Thanked / Liked this Post
  21. #71
    This may be of interest to some one?

    Koi pond pressure filter


    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 223530525927

  22. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  23. #72
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    Fry growing on tanks, all pipework, pumps, Filters and K1 etc, and what looks to be a baby brineshrimp hatching system....

    Might be interesting for any budding breeders after some negotiation on price.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Koi-Carp-...kAAOSwMYtc6-tM

  24. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  25. #73
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    300 gallon grow-on full set up, £180

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shoreham-...cAAOSwFP5c6vUN


    EDIT: Ha ha.... just realised its being sold by a poster on here.... the "1671" part of the eBay i.d and the location give away who it is!

    Definitely knock £30 off for that!

  26. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  27. #74
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    581
    Thanks / Likes
    705
    Spotted this on eBay and thought it would be good for cleaning windows? With my one I have to scrub then look where Iíve missed and try and judge where it is might give this a try




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #75
    Surely it’ll make the water all soapy?

  29. Thanks RS2OOO, freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  30. #76
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    I once planned to invent a window cleaning tool for high rise flats but couldn't think of anything good enough!

    Nor could the inventors of that by the looks of it!

  31. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  32. #77
    Senior Member Rank = Nanasai Skoosh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    581
    Thanks / Likes
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2OOO View Post
    I once planned to invent a window cleaning tool for high rise flats but couldn't think of anything good enough!

    Nor could the inventors of that by the looks of it!
    I thought it was quite good eBay Finds, Bargains, Interesting Items etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
  34. #78
    Senior Member Rank = Adult Champion RS2OOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,515
    Thanks / Likes
    2683
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoosh88 View Post
    I thought it was quite good eBay Finds, Bargains, Interesting Items etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't mean to knock it from a pond window cleaning perspective as it's great if you have a pond, or a window that opens like in the picture..... But not so great for most flats in the UK where the windows open from the bottom and only tilt 30 degrees.

    Have you ever actually seen tower block Windows that open like in that pic? Few and far between I'd have thought. My art deco office actually has them funnily enough, but the council made us bolt them shut to comply with modern regs.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  35. Thanks freddyboy Thanked / Liked this Post
 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31 AM. Online Koi Mag Forum
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

vBulletin Improved By vBFoster® (Lite Version), © UltimateScheme, Ltd.