PDA

View Full Version : new fish salt dip or not

markf1fan
27-08-2010, 08:46 PM
hiya all
as alot will know im in the middle of building my new koi pond well im hoping to have it up and running very soon and will be wanting to put some fish in it. i have already brought a very good kohaku and some small fish from one very good dealer ready to go in. what i want to know is, is it a good idea to salt dip them before i put them in or just put them straight in.

mark

ogawa only
27-08-2010, 08:50 PM
wheres the pics ??? us junkies need a fix of koi **** !!!

totaly up to you , what you could do is put the fish in , and once there settled do a scrape , and see if theres anything that needs treating before the winter and before temps regularly drop below 12c ish ;)

steve

markf1fan
27-08-2010, 08:54 PM
wheres the pics ??? us junkies need a fix of koi **** !!!

totaly up to you , what you could do is put the fish in , and once there settled do a scrape , and see if theres anything that needs treating before the winter and before temps regularly drop below 12c ish ;)

steve

thanks for the info and here you go on that pic of my first fish to go in pond soon lol.

ogawa only
27-08-2010, 09:04 PM
nice koh , whos the breeder ???

steve

markf1fan
27-08-2010, 09:07 PM
nice koh , whos the breeder ???

steve

to be honest i cant remeber but will check it out when i pick it up from the dealer when pond is running, its 3 yrs old female. brought from avenue fisheries in bedfordshire.

ogawa only
27-08-2010, 09:12 PM
now for me she looks like a muryama fish ;) she has tell tail signs , but with the way the japanese breed and do brood stock swaps , she could be split dianichi /muryama , she should have good skin , especially when the temp drops !!!

steve

markf1fan
27-08-2010, 09:14 PM
now for me she looks like a muryama fish ;) she has tell tail signs , but with the way the japanese breed and do brood stock swaps , she could be split dianichi /muryama , she should have good skin , especially when the temp drops !!!

steve

will find out and let you know the breeder.